2023 ladder predictions

It makes it hard on the halves if the hooker isn’t an attacking threat. There halves might be under more pressure this year.
Someone mentioned last year opposition teams targeted Brooks because we weren’t a big threat from DH and Hastings was easier to handle in defence.
Exactly what they did when Hasting was 7

yeah agree, I think junior gets a wing spot over Nofo - he's MIA at the moment so something must be up.

no way they leave pole out or Twal, so agree Joffa prob gets 13 to start. Manama will be very close, its probably the toughest one to pick as it impacts the bench as well.

Interested to see 14 - has to cover API, but wouldn't surprise me if we go Laurie 14, staines 1
Nofoaluma Can’t be missing too much as making membership calls today

Laurie is a back up option.
That's why he's trained there somewhat during the pre season.

Back up option,
Not first choice by any means.

AD and Brooks are the halves.

Will Smith an option when available.
Seems Simpkin has been training in multiple positions, I think he jags the 14 come round 1.
Id be astonished if AD and Brooks make it injury free thru the first 6 rounds tbh...so then were looking at back ups..and smith struggles at this level
So its an unproven (at 6 )Laurie as our saviour...
Were just lite on re quality halves,which will bite us in 23

to make the 8 prior to Bateman we were $6.50 we are now 4.50
think we make the 8 this year anywhere from 6th to 8th

Spoon
newcastle

bottom 4
Dragons
I got in as soon as Bateman was announced and got $5.50 for the 8, $15 for the four and $51 for the comp.
That is betting with your heart right there, but I am an optimistic guy.
Wests Tigers Rule!!!

1. Roosters
2. Souths (don't actually agree with this, but every other spot on my ladder was already taken)
3. Panthers
4. Tigers (also grand final winner)
5. Sharks
6. Eels
7. Titans
8. Knights
9. Storm
10. Cowboys
11. Broncos
12. Warriors
13. Bulldogs
14. Raiders
15. Manly
16. Dolphins
17. Dragons
I just wanted to update this prediction as I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now - still think we'll win the grand final but I think now we will be minor premiers as well.
We'll struggle with stars out during the origin period but I think that will just be a little hiccup that won't change the ultimate outcome. Destiny is all.

I got in as soon as Bateman was announced and got $5.50 for the 8, $15 for the four and $51 for the comp.
Wests Tigers Rule!!!
Yeah I am getting similar free money this year, though your make the 8 odds are slightly better than I got, so well done sir.

Id be astonished if AD and Brooks make it injury free thru the first 6 rounds tbh...so then were looking at back ups..and smith struggles at this level
So its an unproven (at 6 )Laurie as our saviour...
Were just lite on re quality halves,which will bite us in 23
What about Wakeman ?

I would love to see how we would look with Laurie to halves, Staines to fullback.
I thought that was a possibility, but Pom and K Robbie think Stains lacks a voice at FB. Maybe if Bula gets upgraded and goes to FB this could happen. I don't think the side that starts the year, will be the same in rd 10. Everyone is just on trial.

Wests Tigers Rule!!!
Well done. And remember, the more you bet the more you earn.

Penrith to collapse in a heap due to the loss of Api, the humiliation of losing to a Super League club, and a lovers tiff between chin and grub.

Yeah, they still targeted Brooks, as he remained the greatest threat.

As for ladder predictions, 8th to 12th for our WT.
8 th to 12 th, Tim ? I picked 10 th, and i thought that was optimistic . Still short 5 quality players at least. Maybe next year.

8 th to 12 th, Tim ? I picked 10 th, and i thought that was optimistic . Still short 5 quality players at least. Maybe next year.

Oh well, 10th was the mean position in my prediction window.

Had to include 8th as an option, as if our main boys are able to remain free of major injuries, then WT are a chance of sneaking into the finals.

Tigers Top 8 is all I focus on. Where others finish on the ladder I don't care.
This year or bust.

Back