LIVE GAME 2023 Trial 1: Wests Tigers v Warriors

Live Game Discussion
Well it looks like the baggers are out in force with a new target-- Stains,. He had limited chances in a side that was flogged . Most rated him in the top 3 or 4 players. Now we have silly stats, he has no speed, he has a weird face and other unfounded rubbish. In a backline that will rely on most of those players on trial, he was the best back on the team, What the agenda is , i don't know.

Well it looks like the baggers are out in force with a new target-- Stains,. He had limited chances in a side that was flogged . Most rated him in the top 3 or 4 players. Now we have silly stats, he has no speed, he has a weird face and other unfounded rubbish. In a backline that will rely on most of those players on trial, he was the best back on the team, What the agenda is , i don't know.
I think he has the potential to push for a permanent spot in the top grade. He isn't afraid to take the hard runs and he put in a pretty fair effort behind a set of outside backs with not defensive coordination.

He is sure to want to make a statement next outing - he has replace the footage of him being steamrolled by Montoya.

I think he has the potential to push for a permanent spot in the top grade. He isn't afraid to take the hard runs and he put in a pretty fair effort behind a set of outside backs with not defensive coordination.

He is sure to want to make a statement next outing - he has replace the footage of him being steamrolled by Montoya.
Mate 9 out of 10 would have been steamrolled. He did not lack courage. Look at some of the pea hearted attempts at defence from last years fullbacks. LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Staines at fullback this year. He could definitely make it on the wing as well.

Let's see what happens but clearly he is looking like starting the season in reserves at this point. It's up to him to prove that he deserves a top grade spot.

I'm hoping after our final trial against Canberra, tiger's players are all fit and ready for round 1, other teams have quite a few injuries already

I wouldn't be surprised to see Staines at fullback this year. He could definitely make it on the wing as well.

Let's see what happens but clearly he is looking like starting the season in reserves at this point. It's up to him to prove that he deserves a top grade spot.
I don't know if Stains is the answer, but he has yet to play for us . That trial does not give us an answer either way. Reports are he is not vocal enough, but that could change. Laurie tried hard, but did not look like a promising star, but the reports are that he has improved and will be first choice''. So much to play out Earl, anything could happen in the next 6 mths. Some on here are death riding players as usual, for no reason.

I don't know if Stains is the answer, but he has yet to play for us . That trial does not give us an answer either way. Reports are he is not vocal enough, but that could change. Laurie tried hard, but did not look like a promising star, but the reports are that he has improved and will be first choice''. So much to play out Earl, anything could happen in the next 6 mths. Some on here are death riding players as usual, for no reason.
Stains, a premiership winning back imo walks into our side either on the wing or at fullback. I though he played well in the trial.

Seen that happen to plenty of good ones though bro....
It happens.
At least he was there - Body in Front.
He definitely didn't shirk the hard work - in attack or defence. He was on a hiding to nothing there but had a crack - he did all he could to try and lock up the ball - but physics got in the way of his intent!

He definitely didn't shirk the hard work - in attack or defence. He was on a hiding to nothing there but had a crack - he did all he could to try and lock up the ball - but physics got in the way of his intent!
he tries hard but got no talent. lets keep seyfarth

Saw a comment from Sheens that said he believes he is a winger after the trial.

Seen that happen to plenty of good ones though bro....
It happens.
At least he was there - Body in Front.
Remember seeing Marty Tapau palming off Alex Johnston and making it look like he was swatting a fly.

I would say that barring major injuries, Alex Johnston will go on to be the greatest try scorer of all time sometime in the next few seasons.

That incident with Marty Tapau certainly hasn't damaged his career, so who is to say at this stage whether Stains will be "Shit" or "Super Star"

The guy seems to run pretty hard and take the ball up with purpose and he is one of those players that you would really like to see make a line break and get into the clear just to see him in full flight.

Having said that, he does need to get some of the garbage out of his game like the dumb penalty he gave away against the Worriers.

He could very well end up being one of those players that makes the crowd stand up from the seats whenever he touches the ball, I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:

Staff online

Back