2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

Why? What did he say... We havent even played a comp game yet
Strange one block.... Doesnt mind giving it to us which I guess most of the time it's deserved

Probaly his way of getting his frustration out... I'm sure he'd quit love to see us go well
Yeah Blocker is a fan just like us expressing his frustration always giving it to them because they lose most of the time. Deep down Blocker and all of us desperately want to see them be winners.

Strange one block.... Doesnt mind giving it to us which I guess most of the time it's deserved

Probaly his way of getting his frustration out... I'm sure he'd quit love to see us go well
It was tame. Just said he was happy with Warriors trial, but disappointed by what he saw against the Dragons and the signs were worrying. Nothing that hasn't already been said here.

he said he fears that we will go worse this year, very concerned about the trial against the Dragons ..Kent chimed and said we wont win more then 3 games

Didnt take kent long to be back to his usual a-hole self

Hope the lads can use his words to inspire them throughout the year ...probably too busy on X-Box

Didnt take kent long to be back to his usual a-hole self

Hope the lads can use his words to inspire them throughout the year ...probably too busy on X-Box
Players shouldn’t need to use predictions from commentators to motivate them. Most years, clubs get predicted for the spoon for a reason, and more often than not they finish low on the ladder. I’m yet to see many instances where predictions of talking heads in the media have been cited as for the reason why a club has found an extra leg to exceed expectations.

Any succesful motivation it may gain wouldnt last long and Itd be embarrasing for a club to come out and admit they used something like this the spur them on, coaching staff would be using what theyd been working on through the year as motivation and to continue on any improvement...

Tigers will need to find something to avoid the spoon. I'd be looking at Galvin to play some attacking role.

Tigers will need to find something to avoid the spoon. I'd be looking at Galvin to play some attacking role.
So why are we loosing?

I think people need to address the elephant in the room with our team:
We train and play SOFT!

Our recruitment has been good to Excellent. I have no idea how we at 17 land the players we do.
2022 we had no forward punch. 2023 we had a decent front row. Yet our backs, remained at reserve grade quality.

If we don't solve our tackling problem, our training problem, our lack of Gas come 55min in. We will keep loosing. We could have Andrew Johns directing Darryn Lockyer out there and we would still be loosing.

I struggle to think of a player that has joined our side and really improved. Sure Twal went another level last season, but no one else and we still got the spoon.

We need to upgrade our current players. Build players harder. Adding Fainu/Galvin/etc will not change a thing while were piss weak.

Players shouldn’t need to use predictions from commentators to motivate them. Most years, clubs get predicted for the spoon for a reason, and more often than not they finish low on the ladder. I’m yet to see many instances where predictions of talking heads in the media have been cited as for the reason why a club has found an extra leg to exceed expectations.
22 cowboys. 23 warriors. In recent times.
Both were favourites for the spoon.
By the looks of things 24 raiders will join them.

So why are we loosing?

I think people need to address the elephant in the room with our team:
We train and play SOFT!

Our recruitment has been good to Excellent. I have no idea how we at 17 land the players we do.
2022 we had no forward punch. 2023 we had a decent front row. Yet our backs, remained at reserve grade quality.

If we don't solve our tackling problem, our training problem, our lack of Gas come 55min in. We will keep loosing. We could have Andrew Johns directing Darryn Lockyer out there and we would still be loosing.

I struggle to think of a player that has joined our side and really improved. Sure Twal went another level last season, but no one else and we still got the spoon.

We need to upgrade our current players. Build players harder. Adding Fainu/Galvin/etc will not change a thing while were piss weak.
The often comments from our first graders about how Benji Marshall ‘carves them up’ in opposing drills really bothers me. What is it trying to prove?
That he should still be playing or that our players are incapable of reading the play of a retiree?

The often comments from our first graders about how Benji Marshall ‘carves them up’ in opposing drills really bothers me. What is it trying to prove?
That he should still be playing or that our players are incapable of reading the play of a retiree?

Ahem - all time great retiree that is still fit and played in a GF a couple of years ago. Let's not forget that Benji might be older but im pretty sure that footy brain is still razor sharp.

Agreed its a bit of a fuzzy topic tho. Bud even went as far to say he is in 2 minds about putting a hit on his coach on the training paddock, which for me isn't a great to hear. Great players don't necessarily make great coaches because they can't always relate to players that aren't as gifted as they are.

Training is not the same as a fully fledged match of course so its easy to 'carve up' when you're running through set plays and practicing passing or working on structure. Stopping and starting, not gassed, not getting totally smashed. e.g Pretty sure David Beckham can still take a decent free kick.

Ahem - all time great retiree that is still fit and played in a GF a couple of years ago. Let's not forget that Benji might be older but im pretty sure that footy brain is still razor sharp.

Agreed its a bit of a fuzzy topic tho. Bud even went as far to say he is in 2 minds about putting a hit on his coach on the training paddock, which for me isn't a great to hear. Great players don't necessarily make great coaches because they can't always relate to players that aren't as gifted as they are.

Training is not the same as a fully fledged match of course so it’s easy to 'carve up' when you're running through set plays and practicing passing or working on structure. Stopping and starting, not gassed, not getting totally smashed. e.g Pretty sure David Beckham can still take a decent free kick.
Yeah, I’m just not sure what the point of it is. Don’t we have a reserve grade half that can play that role in training?
All the talk is the team and players aren’t being trained to play the same way as Marshall did play.
So if that’s the case; what exactly is he demonstrating by stepping and ducking his way through defensive lines towards the try line.

Buds comments; exactly my concern.

I just get Manly 16’ Trent Barrett vibes.

Top 8.

Most of you will scoff. That's ok.

The combination of forward competence & a good kicking game puts the team in the contest.

The introduction of some of the younger players as the year goes on should elevate the quality on the field- Galvin, Latu Fainu, Lualili'i, Sam Fainu, Fa'agutu should all see playing time, if not significant playing time.

90% of the game is possession & position. The Tigers already do completions well. Now the kicking game should put them in the position to take advantage of that.

The gap between the good & the bad teams seems significant, but it's mostly possession, position & roster depth.
It’s nice to see some supporters having a bit of optimism.
All makes sense in theory, I’m just not convinced Sezer has the quality kicking game that many believe he possesses, but I’m certainly hoping to see it.

Training is not the same as a fully fledged match of course so its easy to 'carve up' when you're running through set plays and practicing passing or working on structure. Stopping and starting, not gassed, not getting totally smashed. e.g Pretty sure David Beckham can still take a decent free kick.
Benji should be out of the way so these guys can knuckle down or , some One should just nail him , you can’t have players laying off at training due to the individual on ground ,

Craig Fitzgibbon at the Roosters would still "Wressle" anyone, anytime they wanted.

I think this may be where Marshall fails.
Marshall is a hole runner, a trick the defense and find gaps. Pull off Crazy tricks no one has seen before.
Where Craig would harden people up so that they can tackle. Marshall is going to attack like no one else in the comp. ....

If were practicising our defense against Marshall, no wonder we second guess ourselves a lot.

Latest posts

Back