2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

I have no expectations, only hope that we can win more than 4 games. This may change after I see the first 3 games.
Let’s hope they can at least double their wins, that would be a worthwhile goal. Especially better performed at home( wherever that is).
Stretch target would be Top 8 and think that would be a magnificent achievement.
Like last 2 years , all we've wanted was a competitive unit that gave it a good shot. It didn’t happen but let’s hope third time lucky.

I expect yourself and @Tucker may be disappointed but I still expect to win a lot more than 4 games and the possibility that we will be around the 8 at times during the season, but fall short at the end.

I still hope to be pleasantly surprised and looking forward to a Luai free year in 2024 which I see as a sure thing and go so far as to say a good thing.

The reason I say that is that I am particularly interested to see what develops during this season with the competition that we have in the halves that we have contracted, fair enough if Luai is here next year but I want to see what that competition brings this year.
The options in the halves will be good for our for & against. There is plenty of upside in 2024.

The options in the halves will be good for our for & against. There is plenty of upside in 2024.
It's a crapshot!

Seriously if:
Sullivan fires more then he did at the saints
and/or
Fainu demonstrates that he is ready for first grade (which he doesn't seem to be). Then the halves will go good.

But that's a huge IF.

With an even bigger IF of were the halves our biggest problem. LB definately looked very lost many times in attack. Yet we saw our team just collapse so SO often.

It's such a roll of the dice. Not just Sullivan, Fainu or Sezer being good. But two of those three combining and combining with our centers/wings where we are really really WEAK.

Lets see, I could see us finishing somewhere between 6th-16th.

Trying to be realistic... I'd like to see us double our wins tally... Minimum 8 wins this year.

Hopefully a few consecutive W's throughout the year... Maybe a couple of blocks
of three W-W-W... probably asking too much there

I'd. Love to get 8th or higher but feel. That's too far away just yet

Last edited:
Let’s hope they can at least double their wins, that would be a worthwhile goal. Especially better performed at home( wherever that is).
Stretch target would be Top 8 and think that would be a magnificent achievement.
Like last 2 years , all we've wanted was a competitive unit that gave it a good shot. It didn’t happen but let’s hope third time lucky.
You can't do any worse than last year. I hope...

Points Scored: 385
Points Conceded: 675
Completion Rate: 75%
Tackle Efficiency: 88.1%
Avg. Points Scored: 16
Avg. Points Conceded: 28

The team is very similar to last year …now with an inexperienced coach… and questions over the halves …

Also… the outside backs remain weak … in 2023 they gave up a lot of tries and goal line repeat sets, and they were not very creative with ball in hand …

Still … I would like to think ( hope) the last two years have been rock bottom and some improvement can be made …

I expect this to be modest … 8 wins and 15th place Is where I’m thinking they end up…

The most important thing is developing some of these younger guys for the future … and maybe getting Benji up to speed as a coach …

Without about six teams getting busted for cap rorting we are no chance of top eight but I doubt we will get the spoon. I think somewhere around 13th would be a fair expectation

Improved half options, potential wing combo of Staines and Lobb is interesting. I think we lack a centre and a lock but the squad is ok. Sheen's was a disaster last year, a few guys will surely do better if Benji can identify a game plan that isn't total rubbish, our season was done in the first month in 2023. In short I'm expecting better, hoping we return to flirting with the 8.

The key is blokes who are fringe players might actually realise the club is serious with Luai coming. He is already our most bullish player, type of player I hate for the opposition and love for us. They have about 10 months to show if they can get on board and develop some consistency, It's a good example, if he can play at 8/10 every week you'll see us improve

Improved half options, potential wing combo of Staines and Lobb is interesting. I think we lack a centre and a lock but the squad is ok. Sheen's was a disaster last year, a few guys will surely do better if Benji can identify a game plan that isn't total rubbish, our season was done in the first month in 2023. In short I'm expecting better, hoping we return to flirting with the 8.

The key is blokes who are fringe players might actually realise the club is serious with Luai coming. He is already our most bullish player, type of player I hate for the opposition and love for us. They have about 10 months to show if they can get on board and develop some consistency, It's a good example, if he can play at 8/10 every week you'll see us improve
At very least, the future is there. WT have shown the cahunnas to get rid of some underperformed players and get replacements. The remaining so-so's are playing for future contracts.

Reckon we can finish anywhere from 14 to 8th. Still a progression year but a lot more positive things to build on. As an aside Nofo should not see the first 17 unless there is a spate of injuries. His performance has been noted.

I'd be satisfied with a Season that mirrors the Dolphins 2023. Be a competitive side that are respected for the fight they show and manage to win 8-9 games. 2025 I expect nothing less than a top 8 appearance.

Reckon we can finish anywhere from 14 to 8th. Still a progression year but a lot more positive things to build on. As an aside Nofo should not see the first 17 unless there is a spate of injuries. His performance has been noted.
Hopefully, he is already on his way to Samoa, Cook Islands, or even better - Antarctica!

Latest posts

Back