2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

Was thinking today, having a bye in round one is a real bummer. As a club round one has a real flat feeling about as you’re not part of the hype. Also it is not when you need a break, but of course while you have an odd number of teams someone is going to draw the short straw. I wonder how it was decided??

Then we get to play away for our first game, so it will be round three before we get a home game. Surely you would give the first round bye team a home game for their first game in round two. Just seems to be the logical thing to do , but we are talking NRL

Was thinking today, having a bye in round one is a real bummer. As a club round one has a real flat feeling about as you’re not part of the hype. Also it is not when you need a break, but of course while you have an odd number of teams someone is going to draw the short straw. I wonder how it was decided??

Then we get to play away for our first game, so it will be round three before we get a home game. Surely you would give the first round bye team a home game for their first game in round two. Just seems to be the logical thing to do , but we are talking NRL
I've been thinking this extra week has been a saving grace after the last trial.

Benji has plenty of work to do. Hopefully, we turn up, compete, and win. Ricky has so far.

Dragons have one of the best transformational coaches in the game and some proper rep players in their squad so it’s no surprise to seem them put some solid performances together. Most sides underperform under Anthony Griffin and do well once he’s gone.

Bring on next weekend. Sezer to have a worldie in front of some old friends.

If nothing else, I expect us to come out firing against the Raiders in round 2 based on the barbie doll stuff thrown up against the Drags in the trial. Problem is I am not sure it will last for long with the Raiders big men punishing us all afternoon.. Need to show some fight on the goal line.

Short term hopes for Round 2:

Watching Ricky go off in the post match press conference after the Tigers go through the Raiders like last week's epsom salts.

I think today's game will inform me of my expectations for the season. If they still try to run all their plays through Api, we are done. Conversely, if the halves add a dimension to the attack and get the defence having to guess then there is hope. Add some resolute defence and we will definitely improve. 5pm will have me either 'Top of the world' or wondering if there is a 'Morning After' kudos Mikey.

Hi Krammy Not even sure if I will watch it. A flogging would only make me shitty for the rest of the day. Don't want to get on the slop at that time either.

Many will say Marshall deserves some latitude as this is his first year...
I will give that concession but only ever so slightly... He's had a bit of a work experience time with sheens though many feel a few years solo in lower grades is the way to go
He's put his hand up to do the job... I doubt he expects any free passes due to his inexperience... But it is a fact regardless of one's opinion on that
We forever seem to have conditions and excuses at the ready... It's a five year plan, it won't be till. Next year etc etc... We never seem to be focusing on the now it's always next year blah blah... We get frustrated with results... We choose the wrong people who we put up with until it's too late and then we must change and it's all back to square one.
The independent review has been a huge shake up in the joint I'm hoping and that is why I'm prepared to give them all some more time (God Id love five bucks for every time I've read on here " we must be patient")
I'm worried however that in only the second game if the year and a pussy trial at that where you'd expect blokes to be jumping outta their skin and wanting a run and to play well... We clear as day didn't turn up... This has to stop yesterday
I want. Us to look like we wanna play for our team mates and I want us to look like we are trying new things at training regardless if it comes off or not... Just have a go no more fear of screwing up just try new stuff. Grow your game grow yourselves!
Yes, yes and yes!! Great post.

Back