321 v Warriors

@jc99 said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369368) said:
3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

**Forwards did really well** outside backs ruined us. We might be the only team who will massively improve if we sign wingers

Have always found Twal's defensive work and effort monumental for the team, but feel he's been immense in other ways recently.

@lauren said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369851) said:
3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

**Forwards did really well** outside backs ruined us. We might be the only team who will massively improve if we sign wingers

Have always found Twal's defensive work and effort monumental for the team, but feel he's been immense in other ways recently.

He's been killing it. Consistently tops the metre counts for our middle forwards and has been offloading more than I've ever seen him offload. Good player

@jc99 said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369852) said:
3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

He's been killing it. Consistently tops the metre counts for our middle forwards and has been offloading more than I've ever seen him offload. Good player

Definitely our pack leader.
Tamou is definitely not the man.

Our forwards have been good this year.
It's our backs, Moses and the bench use that's burning us.

@aturkey said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1368966) said:
@blake said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1368959) said:
@glange said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1368918) said:
@blake said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1368840) said:
3 Brooks
2 Jo O
1 Twal

Best game from the forwards so far this year

Agreed, and how the hell do we lose!?

We were on top in nearly every stat. 22 missed tackles for us and 39 for the Warriors, but they covered theirs better. 12 errors at important times, 2nd rowers and centres that refused to pass. A lack of finishing ability, some freaky try assists from Walsh. There were a few forward passes, high tackles, and 6 agains that I thought should have been called against the Warriors, but I am pretty biased.

The Warriors have players that are faster, and stronger than our players. It's as simple as that really. I was worried every time they were on our line, and it's because players like Nikorima, Walsh and RTS are more deceptive, and dangerous than any of ours.

We got carved up by a 12 man team being led by a teenager.

@demps said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369863) said:
3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

Yup middles have been fine. Edges kill us every week

@bagnf05 said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369865) said:
3 Brooks
2 Jo O
1 Twal

We were on top in nearly every stat. 22 missed tackles for us and 39 for the Warriors, but they covered theirs better. 12 errors at important times, 2nd rowers and centres that refused to pass. A lack of finishing ability, some freaky try assists from Walsh. There were a few forward passes, high tackles, and 6 agains that I thought should have been called against the Warriors, but I am pretty biased.

The Warriors have players that are faster, and stronger than our players. It's as simple as that really. I was worried every time they were on our line, and it's because players like Nikorima, Walsh and RTS are more deceptive, and dangerous than any of ours.

We did get carved up, but they maintained the ball a lot during that time, I think they lead the comp in completed sets.
We should’ve still won though, our edge defence is just deplorable, it’s so frustrating supporting this team, they find new ways to lose every time.

3 Brooks
2 Twal
1 Joffa

I never give Twal points cause I’m so used to his performances but last night he was the best foward on the field.
Type of player The Melbourne Storm would love to have.

@boa-constrictor said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369830) said:
I’m pretty Brooks agnostic but I’m struggling to see how he wasn’t a straight up 3 points in everybody’s book last night. The pass back on the inside to Seyfarth late in the game was a terrible option but other than that it was exactly the performance in attack and defence we on this forum have been crying out for.

Mikaele and Jo my 2 and 1.

It's nuts right. I see Brooks then daylight in that performance. It's not even close.

3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

Twal is good but we he isn't great or close to it. Tamou and Twal and a pretty average starting front row and very similar. Stef, Musgrove, Mikaele etc should push one of Tamou or Twal out.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369365) said:
In these games, it is the X Factor players like Walsh who decide the outcome. Even now, I have no confidence Maguire would know how to use such a player(s) to best advantage. WTs need to move quickly to secure Gardiner and Lambkin for NRL duties regardless of a coaching change. Both have demonstrated more in their tenures as coaches at WTs than Maguire.

Gardiner is at WTs because of Maguire. Worked with him at South's and assisted him with NZ side.

@bagnf05 said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369865) said:
3 Brooks
2 Jo O
1 Twal

Yep cause that teenager is more talented than any of our players. It's really that simple. We lack talent.

@lauren said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1370460) said:
@earl said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369911) said:
3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

Twal is good but we he isn't great or close to it. Tamou and Twal and a pretty average starting front row and very similar. Stef, Musgrove, Mikaele etc should push one of Tamou or Twal out.

C'mon we all know he doesn't have the physical attributes to be the most destructive forward in the comp or he's not considered top tier, but he aims up in every way and this is a valuable asset to any side regardless of who's in it or where they sit on the ladder.
Stats obviously don't mean everything but you'd be surprised at his rankings in the NRL. Not only is he coming 12th for most tackles(still consistently averaging 35 pg) made but he's also 39th overall for run metres in front of guys such as Paulo, Taupau, TPJ, Jake T, Kamikamica, Frizell, Woods and D Fifita. The backs he's run more metres than include Fergo, Olam and Dylan Edwards - all players from Top 4 teams.
He's also 15th in PCM ahead of guys like RCG, Rudolph, Tom Burgess, Crichton, Welch, Tino, Yeo and TPJ.
He's been tremendous for us this year and deserves some credit. An offload would be the only thing lacking in his game, but otherwise he's clearly shown a fantastic work ethic.

A well compiled arguement

3 Brooks
2 Jo O
1 Twal

Three dumb players, at least 6 dumb plays, a least 4 crucial missed tackles, and ball security.

During the 20mins Warriors played with 12, they beat us on the scoreboard 12-4. To rub it in during the post match interview, Coach Brown said they gave WT all their points. ☹️ Do we really suck that much? ☹️

@lauren said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1370460) said:
@earl said in [321 v Warriors](/post/1369911) said:
3 Twal
2 Joffa
1 Brooks

C'mon we all know he doesn't have the physical attributes to be the most destructive forward in the comp or he's not considered top tier, but he aims up in every way and this is a valuable asset to any side regardless of who's in it or where they sit on the ladder.
Stats obviously don't mean everything but you'd be surprised at his rankings in the NRL. Not only is he coming 12th for most tackles(still consistently averaging 35 pg) made but he's also 39th overall for run metres in front of guys such as Paulo, Taupau, TPJ, Jake T, Kamikamica, Frizell, Woods and D Fifita. The backs he's run more metres than include Fergo, Olam and Dylan Edwards - all players from Top 4 teams.
He's also 15th in PCM ahead of guys like RCG, Rudolph, Tom Burgess, Crichton, Welch, Tino, Yeo and TPJ.
He's been tremendous for us this year and deserves some credit. An offload would be the only thing lacking in his game, but otherwise he's shown a fantastic work ethic.

He is our most honest player. You never see him letting tries in and he just does a job. He’s not one of our many problems.

Back