You talking about the guy that couldn’t hold his position at fullback, unsuccessfully trialed in the halves and failed in preseason and then went on to not impress in reserve grade and generally looking sub par in his preferred position there?

On top of that has outwardly shown his disdain for the club multiple times from wearing a previous clubs jersey, and cheering said club on vocally during a game, using social media to celebrate his clubs shellacking and playing the pokies until midnight before games?

I’ll pass.
Is it possible that having our players cheer on other teams is becoming part of our new cultural identity?

I don't think they thought his limitations would be so bad behind the pack they built. They probably thought that he and AD would sufficient to get us through 23 behind Api and the rest of the forwards. You can extend that to Daino and most of the backs as well.

They're now living with the consequences of their decisions. It's not like other clubs wouldn't have taken Brooks so it is not like we were on our Pat Malone in thinking he could make the grade.

Breathe in, breathe out and trust that the situation improves.

If it doesn't we are locked in for a battle for the spoon with Saints; I think they are in a worse position stability and team harmony wise.
Probably in hindsight maybe not Saints

I guess having Webster as a coach wasn't a realistic option ? He seems to have performed a miracle with a perennially under-performing Warriors and he has the years behind him whereas our options are pie in the sky.

Somebody has posted on the LU forum that since Sheens has left the raiders he has coached 357 games in Australia for a massive 149 wins and while he was coaching in the UK he had a 33% winning rate.It really is not that hard to see why we are where we are on the ladder but it is completely incredible that the club was crazy enough to sign him again.
What an inept group of people we have making the decisions

Somebody has posted on the LU forum that since Sheens has left the raiders he has coached 357 games in Australia for a massive 149 wins and while he was coaching in the UK he had a 33% winning rate.It really is not that hard to see why we are where we are on the ladder but it is completely incredible that the club was crazy enough to sign him again.
What an inept group of people we have making the decisions
And a few people on here were over the moon when it was announced. Mainly Paws but there were some others too.

Is it possible that having our players cheer on other teams is becoming part of our new cultural identity?
I still say that SM post is being misinterpreted.
I reckon he was doing it to have a go at sheens, which to me is fair enough. A blunder to put AD @ FB!

I still say that SM post is being misinterpreted.
I reckon he was doing it to have a go at sheens, which to me is fair enough. A blunder to put AD @ FB!
Yeh, that makes sense.
The last time Doueihi played 1, the poor guy was not happy with his performance. It’s not a job where you can hide your weaknesses.

Yeh, that makes sense.
The last time Doueihi played 1, the poor guy was not happy with his performance. It’s not a job where you can hide your weaknesses.
Yeah his defence is sporadic as in occasionally he puts his body on the line and others he looks like a guy who's scared to even try.

I guess having Webster as a coach wasn't a realistic option ? He seems to have performed a miracle with a perennially under-performing Warriors and he has the years behind him whereas our options are pie in the sky.
Have you actually stopped to look at the talent (raw, individually) at the Warriors?
Add to that their 10 recruits of all medium level hard nosed experienced players and well why are you actually surprised.

The key to recruiting is, don’t stop recruiting.

Look at who the Warriors lost in the off-season. A couple of halves and a controversial forward.

Look who they gained to add to a raw squad.

Good on Webster he has done well but there is far more talent in NZ happy to remain in NZ to play in the only league team then there is looking to move to Australia to play for WT. The good ones have 8 other Sydney clubs to choose from.

Whats astonishing is that neither Webster nor Gardiner were ever considered at any stage as potential WTs coaches,despite excellent credentials,wheras Benji had none whatsover and Sheens' were over a decade old(and didnt age very well!)
Sheens,the experienced ringmaster truly tamed our naive and totally unaccountable Board to do whatever he wanted
Gobsmacking

I don’t like Cronk , but one thing he said yesterday was that he knows that the sharks spent hours on the plays to the left and the right , I wonder how long we do it for 🤔🥴

Back