A lot of us predicted these halves would not capitalise on the good work achieved by our rebuilt forward pack. It is why people blew up delux when Hastings was let go.
Sheens has been here long enough to determine this before season 23 started. He has a shocking habit of going all in without any contingencies. He sacked our coach and went all in on Ciraldo, not seeking any other options.
He let a halfback go and went all in on Moses, not seeking any other options until the trials started.
The fans aren’t losing the plot, this shit was foreseeable for people as experienced as a lot of our supporter base are.
Great post. He's flying by the seat of his pants.

We've suffered this before. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

I rate Laurie as a fullback, am I seeing something wrong with him? Maybe he could play 5/8 at least something happens when he plays we can't blame the forwards anymore the tigers are in top 3 for being in opposition 20 and metres gained
Is Laurie injured? That's the only reason I can see why Douhie is FB and not Laurie

I rate Laurie as a fullback, am I seeing something wrong with him? Maybe he could play 5/8 at least something happens when he plays we can't blame the forwards anymore the tigers are in top 3 for being in opposition 20 and metres gained

We need a fullback that is actually going to catch a bomb and not let it bounce…

If you aren’t prepared to do that then don’t expect to play first grade

There is no fixing this mess.
I was so excited for this season 😂 by round 2 it was clear these boys aren’t up for it .The Broncos weren’t anywhere near their best last night,same could be said about All of our opponents so far this season .it’s going to get a lot worse
I have absolutely no clue how to get out of this mess,I know for a fact the people working at the club also have no idea .

There is no fixing this mess.
I was so excited for this season 😂 by round 2 it was clear these boys aren’t up for it .The Broncos weren’t anywhere near their best last night,same could be said about All of our opponents so far this season .it’s going to get a lot worse
I have absolutely no clue how to get out of this mess,I know for a fact the people working at the club also have no idea .
Absolutely!

We need a fullback that is actually going to catch a bomb and not let it bounce…

Yes, it was a horrible error but I don't think it's enough reason to not plug him in at fullback instead of Doueihi or try him at five eighth.

Every full back has a bad bomb moment and this whole notion that he is bad under bombs is ridiculously over exaggerated - Ive seen him safe under too many. His positional play is questionable but in terms of FB at the club atm he is/was the best option even if he isnt seen as longterm.
It appears that Laurie is out of favour and once that happens with Sheens no easy path back.
Sheens is dismantling any chance we had to be competitive this season.

Yes, it was a horrible error but I don't think it's enough reason to not plug him in at fullback instead of Doueihi or try him at five eighth.

He has done it several times … I’m not sure what the issue is but like I said you can’t do it and im sure it’s the reason he was removed from the fullback position …

Try him at five eighth… defensively he will struggle I suspect but we are in full shuffle the deck chairs so why not I guess.
Every full back has a bad bomb moment and this whole notion that he is bad under bombs is ridiculously over exaggerated - Ive seen him safe under too many. His positional play is questionable but in terms of FB at the club atm he is/was the best option even if he isnt seen as longterm.
It appears that Laurie is out of favour and once that happens with Sheens no easy path back.
Sheens is dismantling any chance we had to be competitive this season.

cant agree … sorry… it’s a fundamental skill that a fullback must have…. Don’t let the ball bounce … catch it on the full… if he doesn’t have the confidence to do that then it’s probably the reason they removed him from the position

He has done it several times … I’m not sure what the issue is but like I said you can’t do it and im sure it’s the reason he was removed from the fullback position …

Try him at five eighth… defensively he will struggle I suspect but we are in full shuffle the deck chairs so why not I guess.

cant agree … sorry… it’s a fundamental skill that a fullback must have…. Don’t let the ball bounce … catch it on the full… if he doesn’t have the confidence to do that then it’s probably the reason they removed him from the position
Agree with Telltails. Laurie has made many excellent, brave takes while at fullback. The one we are harping on was a brain fade and should not be enough reason to banish him. Overall, he is preferable to Doueihi as a fullback although I think Staines should have the job.

Agree with Telltails. Laurie has made many excellent, brave takes while at fullback. The one we are harping on was a brain fade and should not be enough reason to banish him. Overall, he is preferable to Doueihi as a fullback although I think Staines should have the job.

Again,… whilst it may have led to only one try..he has done it several times and been lucky that more tries were not scored

Members online

Back