4 nations game 1 (spoilers)

stryker

16-0 to the Aussies at half time in a really tough contest so far.

Rowdy has been very strong in defense, and has not put a foot wrong with his limited opportunities in attack…producing an amazing offload to put Boyd away.

Keithy got on late but has had a couple of strong hitups allready. Look for a big second half from him.

Benji has had a mixed bag so far...he has been a lot more involved in attack than last week - almost pulling off a screamer of a pass for a try only for it to be dropped. How ever he has been targetted in defense by Williams and it has paid off with 2 tries so far. He needs to improve.

For the Ozzies, the whole pack - especially the backrow has been outstanding. Locky Slater and JT started coming into the game more as the half went on and its looking pretty ominous for the Kiwis.

Anyway...time for the second 40.

Some ill discipline has allowed the Kiwis back into this game. 57th minute 16-12.

Australia score a classic backline try with Rowdy doing his part superbly. Kangaroos are by far the superior side and that skill proves it.

Great work from Billy and equally great finish from Uate. 26-12 should be more but will take that.

It wasn't one of our (Kangaroos) best games, however we got the points.

How about the English commentators though! :brick: I'd rather listen to Laurie Daley for the full 80 mins :master:

Some of their calls

"Knocked on by Chris Lawrence" Then the error is replayed "Ball goes to Chris Lawrence…and he knocks it on...Err I mean Luke Lewis" :laughing:

Ball was going dead and Uate seemed to have touched it, however the replay showed he didn't "It's definitely come off him". Then on the last replay when it was clear Uate didn't touch him the commentator sticks to his guns "Yep, touched him there" :crazy

Assesising Australia's win "If England or Wales by more then 12 points they will be topping the table. They'll be getting a lot of confidence from this game" :wtf

There were a lot more, though must admit I had to tune out for most of it

Yeah he was MIA again. I gave him a 4/10 two weeks back, it was only a 5/10 today….not good enough. NZ will be lucky to make the final with his limited involvement thus far. "Old" Locky has been giving him a lesson the past 2 games...he really needs to stand up.

Rowdy was awesome, Big Gal very strong as well. Smith, Slater, JT, Scott and Lewis were standouts. Not a bad first hitout. We were at least a 3 try better side and thats how it ended up so happy enough.

Haha yeah Aj they are terrible. Completely biased and wrong most of the time.

What about in the first half leading up to half time when one of them loudly declared "you can bet your bottom dollar Australia will go for the drop goal here" lol. No champ thats not how we play the game over here…we go for the juggular.....

@Tiger Watto said:
Has anyone seen Benji Marshall? The Test Match started an hour and a half ago….

Oh there he is.... shaking hands with the Aussies

:laughing: :laughing:
Hopefully he will play better next time. Maybe they are leaving it all for the final (if they get there)

Anyway, as long as he plays well for the tigers, don't really care how he plays for the Kiwis, as long as he does not get injured.

Haha missed that one Stryker. Sad thing is they must be highly regarded in England as the T..R..Y guy and his colleague have been calling the ESL games for years.

@AJ* said:

How about the English commentators though! :brick: I'd rather listen to Laurie Daley for the full 80 mins :master:

Some of their calls

"Knocked on by Chris Lawrence" Then the error is replayed "Ball goes to Chris Lawrence…and he knocks it on...Err I mean Luke Lewis" :laughing:

Ball was going dead and Uate seemed to have touched it, however the replay showed he didn't "It's definitely come off him". Then on the last replay when it was clear Uate didn't touch him the commentator sticks to his guns "Yep, touched him there" :crazy

Assesising Australia's win "If England or Wales by more then 12 points they will be topping the table. They'll be getting a lot of confidence from this game" :wtf

Did you hear the call on Uate's tackle on Brown i think it was, he's flipped over the top of the tackle and landed on his head, and the commentator is blowing up "surely thats an illegal tackle" :laughing: :laughing:
:roll

@AJ* said:

Some of their calls

Gimmee them guys over daley Gus & Rabs anyday….so he got a players name wrong. :unamused:

I thought the ref was terrible, hammered the aussies and tried to get NZ back into it as best he could.

Had to laugh at a holding down penalty 70 seconds from f/t....there were 100 worse for the whole game, he ruined this game...Sheens didnt hold back on this either apparently

Hi everyone

Is the England/Wales game being televised anywhere tonight? Or are Australian channels only doing Australia's games?

Tigergran

@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

Is the England/Wales game being televised anywhere tonight? Or are Australian channels only doing Australia's games?

Tigergran

Just found it! ! 12.30am early Sunday morning - Fox Sports 2.

Tigergran

@innsaneink said:
Gimmee them guys over daley Gus & Rabs anyday….so he got a players name wrong. :unamused:

I thought the ref was terrible, hammered the aussies and tried to get NZ back into it as best he could.

Had to laugh at a holding down penalty 70 seconds from f/t....there were 100 worse for the whole game, he ruined this game...Sheens didnt hold back on this either apparently

So he got a player's name wrong? Apart from his blonde hair, Lewis looks nothing like Lawrence. On top of that they were playing on opposite sides of the field (although Lawrence did play 5 mins at right centre in the 2nd half). For a professional commentary team, that was one of many ordinary comments they came out with.

Agree there were some pretty atrocious calls by the ref. Particularly the decision not to penalise Luke for charging at Shillington's legs. Pretty sure they had amended the rules to penalise the cannonball tackles in International matches. Smith got away with a high shot as well, though

Anyway…back to the game, how impressive was our back row? Every time there was a half break made, at least one of them made the tackle. Lewis pulled of 3 crunchers and Watmough and Thaiday were everywhere. It took 2 lucky results from bombs for the shaggers to even cross the line. Great front on and scrambling defense by the Kangaroos.

You can also add Smithy to that list. We are watching the next legend in the making through Cameron. He is so far ahead of any other hooker in the game its embarrassing.

I really hope Robbie is watching intently how this bloke goes about his game it could be the best learning experience of his life. If Farrah, Lawry, Heighno and Gal come back to us as better players as a result of this tour and Benji finds the form of 2011 complimented by the joint experience and outstanding play of Ellis and Blair.....2012 could really be the year we give the minor premiership a shake.

@Tigermac said:
@Tiger Watto said:
Has anyone seen Benji Marshall? The Test Match started an hour and a half ago….

Oh there he is.... shaking hands with the Aussies

:laughing: :laughing:
Hopefully he will play better next time. Maybe they are leaving it all for the final (if they get there)

Anyway, as long as he plays well for the tigers, don't really care how he plays for the Kiwis, as long as he does not get injured.

That must be it Tigermac, he doesn't want to ruin his 2012 season with the Wests Tigers- suits me fine :slight_smile:

It wasn't a great spectacle, but the refereeing was partly to blame and some of the penalties given were ridiculous. I didn't think anyone really excelled for Australia, there were lots of solid performances across the park, Thaiday, Gallen and Smith were all strong, big Keith did no wrong in his time out there, and will no doubt stay in the side with Shillington twisting his knee late in the game when that cheap little dog Isaac Luke came in low and from behind once again. He's a grub of the highest order.

JT and Slater were both good, Lawrence impressed in defence and showed how adept he is at putting his outside man away. He'll hopefully be shifted to right centre next week against England as Tonga (who was very quiet) left the game late with suspected broken ribs.

Benji must start taking the line on if NZ are going to threaten, the catch and pass simply isn't working at the moment and he's got to take his game up to another level.

It will be interesting to see how Ellis and Heighno stack up against the Aussies next weekend.

Back