5 Ways Sheens Killed Our Season

Ghostdogg

1\. Playing Morris in the halves.

2\. Breaking up the halves combination of Moltzen & Marshall after we had won 5 matches in a row.

3\. Playing Tim Moltzen at fullback.

4\. Misuse of interchange bench - carrying backs, using players for less than 10 minutes, no reserve props - an absolute farce.

5\. Not giving forwards from the lower grades a proper chance, particularly props. So sick of seeing players such as Payne & Halatau consistently selected for first grade.

Sheens has to be moved on before next season or I predict it will get very ugly.

I am so over this club at the moment.. :deadhorse:

@Ghostdogg said:

2\. Breaking up the halves combination of Moltzen & Marshall after we had won 5 matches in a row.

4\. Misuse of interchange bench - carrying backs, using players for less than 10 minutes, no reserve props - an absolute farce.

5\. Not giving forwards from the lower grades a proper chance, particularly props. So sick of seeing players such as Payne & Halatau consistently selected for first grade.

Sheens has to be moved on before next season or I predict it will get very ugly.

I suggest you have a Bex and a good lie down.

If you're over the Tigers I suggest you go for a fun lovin' club like the Bulldogs. Or if you are really serious about you're footy, maybe Ricky will welcome you with open arms at the Sharks.

As for me. I'm thinking this has truly been a year where we have uncovered some great stars and combo's, next year we will blitz it.

@mikey said:
@Ghostdogg said:

If you're over the Tigers I suggest you go for a fun lovin' club like the Bulldogs. Or if you are really serious about you're footy, maybe Ricky will welcome you with open arms at the Sharks.

As for me. I'm thinking this has truly been a year where we have uncovered some great stars and combo's, next year we will blitz it.

You'll say the same thing next year…

I'm sorry but u can just pin it on him. IMO farah cost us big time the last 2 games. Up 8 - 0 vs parra he kicks it out on the full to invite em back in, tonight same thing and a 20 restart which he fails to find touch. But in all seriousness, we were a heavily depleted team, injuries killed us towards the end of our campaign.

@mikey said:
@Ghostdogg said:

Why not this year?
Or last year?
Or 07…..06???

Yep and poor goal kicking cost a few as well, I know it's not Sheens fault but there have been other factors too.

@shifty said:
I'm sorry but u can just pin it on him. IMO farah cost us big time the last 2 games. Up 8 - 0 vs parra he kicks it out on the full to invite em back in, tonight same thing and a 20 restart which he fails to find touch. But in all seriousness, we were a heavily depleted team, injuries killed us towards the end of our campaign.

Threads about the entire season shifty,.,,,Farah also got us back into the game single handedly twice

Oops misread. The last 2 games I'll pin on farah, the rest I'll put on sheens :stuck_out_tongue:

At the end of the day, we're the only team (bar Penrith) that has missed the finals from 06-09.

It's amazing though, Elliot is constantly humped by the media and Sheens gets labelled as the super coach at every opportunity.

It's the coaches responsibility to extract the best performances out of a player and get them performing on a consistent basis.. we've all seen the talent they've shown. Has this happened? It hasn't.

Yep,Sheens killed us yet again with same old issues..
1)Lack of leadership under pressure..Benji & Farah are "good time "leaders,but inept in a crisis.This leads to the "hot potatoe"stle of play which pleases Phil Gould & ch 0,but also any decent competitors who are prepared to be patient
2)Unrelaible goalkicking
3)Poor selection options at no 7 & No 1..Moltzen proved once & for all he's not a no 1
4)poor bench options,particualrly sizable forwards
5)Soft goal line defence
6)The most concerning of all,our players generally arent developing..in fact ,many are going backwards
Yep,injiuries & suspensions took their toll,like most teams,but we just didnt have a back-up plan
Another wasted season,just like the last 4..despite all the promise 7 talent
Only plusses are Benji made it thru intact,& Ellis who was simply outstanding.
Moltzens emergence too..he has promise,but not sure whether this coaching regime will extract its full potential.

@mikey said:
@Ghostdogg said:

Mikey you are an ignorant fool my friend.

@clontarfkid said:
Yep,Sheens killed us yet again with same old issues..
1)Lack of leadership under pressure..Benji & Farah are "good time "leaders,but inept in a crisis.This leads to the "hot potatoe"stle of play which pleases Phil Gould & ch 0,but also any decent competitors who are prepared to be patient
2)Unrelaible goalkicking
3)Poor selection options at no 7 & No 1..Moltzen proved once & for all he's not a no 1
4)poor bench options,particualrly sizable forwards
5)Soft goal line defence
6)The most concerning of all,our players generally arent developing..in fact ,many are going backwards
Yep,injiuries & suspensions took their toll,like most teams,but we just didnt have a back-up plan
Another wasted season,just like the last 4..despite all the promise 7 talent
Only plusses are Benji made it thru intact,& Ellis who was simply outstanding.
Moltzens emergence too..he has promise,but not sure whether this coaching regime will extract its full potential.

Recruitment.

It really has been pathetic.

We now are getting into the habit it seems of recruiting players that have long left…..why?

We play away fromhome for the $$$$, but spend it on crap.

Can't agree with 2 or 3

One way fans killed the season, by being so abysmal negative after nearly every loss.

What has changed this year, nothing. Still way off the pace, look like a million dollars at times with the ball in hand but look crap when the other team have the ball. No frontrow,rubbish selections,brain dead use of the bench. Do you think 2010 will be any different–no way. Most of the teams below us have been building their stocks for 2010, not us a couple of average outside backs. I dont get angry anymore, I sort of expect it now every year, a few flashy wins and plenty of hard luck stories.

@shifty said:

without farah we wouldnt have been in this game, and our season would of been over weeks ago

farah and benji suffer from sheens other selections, we had NO go forward in the second half because we our only reserve prop got injured and only player 15 minutes, halatau and morris on the bench was stupid, id expect that type of selection from a rookie coach not the aussie coach with 25 years experience

@senex said:
Can't agree with 2 or 3

One way fans killed the season, by being so abysmal negative after nearly every loss.

4 years of not making the finals is reason to be sh!tty, again we finish 9-10 and there will excuses aplenty from sheens and co

Latest posts

Back