A simple equation: Tigers must make finals or 2011 will be Sheens's last

I think the club and our esteemed leader could part ways amicably.
Perhaps we could give him a payoff and he could retire to FNQ and open a pub.
To woo the punters, our esteemed leader could have a sign hanging on the wall of said pub.
`Free Beer Tomorrow'

gotta be kidding me if u think us anti sheens campaign is a knee-jerk reaction. Many of us have stated over several years to get rid of sheens!

on the other hand gw to everyone who emailed, looks like we have put some pressure on sheen's prostate now!

<big>**1 Sep 2007**</big>
>
PLENTY OF POSITIVES SAYS SHEENS
–------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\
\
By Wayne Cousins
Wests Tigers Media Officer
>
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens said the club has got plenty of positives to take out of the season despite missing the NRL finals.
>
Although disappointed to miss the top eight, Sheens said the way the season ended by being beaten by Newcastle after the bell on Friday night, will just make his players even more determined to make the finals next year.
>
“I’ve got a lot of great young players coming through. The average age of this team is 22\. We’ve got next season to build on,’’ Sheens said after the match.
>
“Two weeks ago, there was talk about us being in the top four. Now we have missed the eight, that’s how close the season is.
>
“The games were close like that for us all year. We’ve all got games that we have won or lost in the last few minutes. We got home against Cronulla on a wobbly field goal.
>
“If anything, missing the finals will drive us harder. We have already talked about that. We haven’t had a great seven weeks, we have won two out of seven. That’s not semi-final standard football.
>
“If we won tonight (against Newcastle), I’m not saying we wouldn’t have made a fist.gif of next week’s game had we got there. We still would have had to wait on results on Sunday.
>
“We haven’t consistently played well enough. We just need to realise that we have got some building to do and some work to do.
>
“Some of the younger players, like Ben Te’o, who has got 14 games up this year, will all be better for it next year.
>
“Taniela Tuiaki had a great season. We have got plenty of positives to take out of this year.
>
“There is no use sitting here crying about what might have happened. It hasn’t happened. There is now no next week to build on, which we always have in rugby league, but there is always next season, so that’s our focus now. To build and to come out with a better, stronger side.’’
>
Sheens said the club has to take advantage of the fact that the younger players in the team have had some time in first grade this year.
>
“There has been a bit of a change when you consider the 2005 side to what it looks like now,’’ Sheens said.
>
“The salary cap and other issues have caused that. We are rebuilding that and we have some fine young talent here. All we have got to do is continue to persevere with that.
>
“It is just a hard building process. The young players have got to build their bodies. We have got to work harder to make sure that next season we are stronger, bigger and come out and play some attracting football again, which is what we will do.’’

Same ol same ol

im struggling to understand the purpose of "if we miss the finals THIS year, next year will be sheens last?" if we miss this year he should go this year, simple, what if we make the finals or make the grand final NEXT year, will sheens get a 3 year extension? I know its not likely given his record but on average he does win a comp every 5 or so years…....

@innsaneink said:
Making him face up this year with a year to go gives the club time i guess to sound out a replacement….dont like the looks of next year already....twice in his final year he ran 2nd last....no different to 9th I guess

Think weve got plenty of time to sound out a replacement rite now for next season,starting by looking in our own backyard,let alone the influx of coaches returning from UK.
Any proficient CEO will have developed contingency plans for this,but then again any such CEO wld have waited until mid season before resigning Sheens.
Humphries has learnt a hard lesson here.
Sheens will forgo his $400k+ for 2011 only if he can find alternative employmentat similiar remuneration,& that will only happen if a Souths/Cronulla etc finish the season dismally & punt their coach.Even then,with all the competition around,theres no gurantee Sheens wld walk into another gig,as the world is increasingly focussing on what he achieves rather than what he says.
In summary,2011 will be another lost season

Back