Aaron Woods

Eddie

Maybe he just looks like a scrub with the long hair however gee he looked ordinary out there today. Looked like he was dordelling on to the ball, and was very lazy and tired in defence. Might of made a couple of simple handling errors.

I remember last season he started off looking like a caveman and played accordingly. Whilst I like him as a player and he gets pretty good stats he lacks aggression.

Today i just thought he was a mile off the pace, maybe the stats board will say otherwise. It was hot out there and he has been crook so they would have been factors I have not watched the replay, however for an origin prop it was alarming how lumbering he looked.

I'm not saying drop him or anything drastic, i just thought he looked off the pace.

Woods is no doubt a good forward, however I've always found him a bit over rated. He generally fed off galloways first good hit up for mine (which is fine btw, teams usually have a first hit up then second hit up prop). Galloway is still our number 1 prop, he'll after today you'd nearly have taupau ahead of him too

The refs are all over him as well. He's continually called out especially when at marker.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Agree Fergie, Woods is hugely overrated. He's a good first grade front rower and no more. We cant base our pack and around him.

Good player but yes overrated in current form. At his best he was effective in carrying defenders and standing in the tackle. He has lost that ability. He really needs to improve his leg speed.

Woods needs to get away from the ruck quicker and listen to the refs and get up and get square.. Maybe he needs to get fit!

With a few young guys in the pack in Gavet and Taupau, Woods' effort was appalling. No "lead by example" from this show pony. He lumbered up in attack, gave away his two usual stupid penalties and dropped a ball about 15m from his own line to send them back on attack. He was simply awful. Arrogantly awful.

I'm overweight and slow but I am not expecting people to part with their hard earnt dollars to pay my contract. No excuse for his efforts (or lack of them) today.

@softlaw said:
He made well over 100 metres and 36+ tackles
Toss up between him and Tapau as to our best forward.

Woods is becoming like Heighington. Looks good on the stat sheets, but zero impact. Wasn't threatening at all and his discipline is atrocious.

Lacked impact.

He will get better a the year goes on.

Just ordinary and played like an amateur. No impact and no go forward, so over rated it is unbelievable. He has an attitude problem and unfit. He has a lot to make up. He played like a pussy cat.He only play a good match once in a while. He is one of the worst forwards out there today.

@Pokies said:
The refs are all over him as well. He's continually called out especially when at marker.

hear hear .. He got called out so many times .. at one stage i thought :wtf ..
He makes a tackle and they order him to get off the player, he aint no 80kg halfback who is agile ..
At the same time we did get a few favorable calls from Ashley Klein.
Cant blame Woodsy, there were too many tackles where we didnt shut the ball down and 2nd phase football really hurt us

@laufoofan said:
Just ordinary and played like an amateur. No impact and no go forward, so over rated it is unbelievable. He has an attitude problem and unfit. He has a lot to make up. He played like a pussy cat.He only play a good match once in a while. He is one of the worst forwards out there today.

Huh ?? suddenly you think Blair out performed Woods ??
IMO thats going slightly too far with the criticism.. At one stage Woods carried the team with Jack B when everyone was out injured

I'd put Woods on the bench next week when the sauce returns, he needs a kick up the arse after that non-performance.

Back