Adam Doueihi #227

I actually think there is call for an 800k Center. It's not Doueihi. Justin Olam, Various people from Penrith, Joey Manu could all fit that bill.

I see every team spending 1 Mil on the halfback (excluding risking a rookie), spending similar on their 5/8 and fullback... Everyone is investing in their spine which can work.

Alternatively I think you can develop your Centres to get a good backline defence. Once Defence is sorted it is easier for young halves to learn the attack. That said we have tried this and failed with Roberts/BJ Leulia. A different pairing of Olam and Manu would totally change the situation IMHO (ofcourse I am dreaming).
I think Naden can be a gun centre for us let’s hope sheens doesn’t play him on the wing

Brooks is arguably our best running player acroos the board .....Douehi takes the mantle in opposition red zones

Across the entirity ...I'd say Brooks just pips Douehi as far as their running games go at both their best ....in the opposition red zone Douehi wins

But before people get outraged with this comment ...it explains why we finished a long last in 2022
Brooks is a broken field runner. Poor teams enjoy less broken field play. Explains his massive form dip since Cleary left us with a completely shithouse squad.

Doueihi is a big body so he can still have some success running against a set defence as he’ll bust the odd tackle.

I look forward to seeing them both play with more space this year. Hopefully AD doesn’t spit his dummy out.

Brooks is a broken field runner. Poor teams enjoy less broken field play. Explains his massive form dip since Cleary left us with a completely shithouse squad.

I look forward to seeing them both play with more space.
My sentiments exactly Baggers, you've summed it up perfectly.
When he got Daly M ½ wasn't Cleary the coach?
We haven't had too much trouble in Madge's tenure to get a 5th tackle kick in a reasonable position but I feel it's the way we did it.
It's how quick and effective you keep pushing the D backwards is what matters.
Stretching the D and putting them under pressure is what the good teams do.
As you said, hopefully with a better pack we can get the odd offload and get a broken D line as well.
If we do that, not only will Brooks benefit from broken play but other running backs like AD, To'a and Laurie/Staines can benefit too.
We should refer back to your post next season because this may happen. 🤞🤞

Doueihi is a big body so he can still have some success running against a set defence as he’ll bust the odd tackle.

I look forward to seeing them both play with more space this year. Hopefully AD doesn’t spit his dummy out.

Agree with this.

Both will be very different in 23 to the 22 season.
Sheens attacking style suits both of there default playing styles.

Madge didn't coach players to their strengths he was always trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Sheens is more about using players strengths and moulding game plans around them.

I actually don't want to see AD leave, think he does offer something for us. Just want AD to be trusted with a position, he owns it - rather than being moved all over the park because of teams needs.

To me AD looks like a Manu type, talented, tall, strong and should be a great IC or fullback. He needs to get speed in those legs.
I've always maintained that great teams have tough forwards and fast backs.
Agree with the tall comparison, that's about all.

You can see why people outside of the Tigers rate Doueihi highly, it's because most will only watch the highlights, and he is always in he highlights when he plays.
I agree he was disappointing last year, but he wasn't alone there.
So he's not worth $900k (not yet at least), but he shouldn't be so easily discarded either.
He's got points in him, not all players have that ability, but he is unique also; He's big and strong, but cumbersome at times, although he usually beats the first defender. He passes well, but opts to run it or for a big cut-out far too often. He has a dangerous spiral bomb but doesn't seem to kick for field position often enough to show any skill there.
I still think he's a guy we should be working with to fit in our system, but I can also see that it will be a challenge to do so.

Agree with this.

Both will be very different in 23 to the 22 season.
Sheens attacking style suits both of there default playing styles.

Madge didn't coach players to their strengths he was always trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Sheens is more about using players strengths and moulding game plans around them.

I actually don't want to see AD leave, think he does offer something for us. Just want AD to be trusted with a position, he owns it - rather than being moved all over the park because of teams needs.
He was trying to fit cleary’s nuffies into round holes imo

Which position?

I’m happy with. AD and Brooks to start in the halves , if AD is no good he can move to centre
Staines to F B
Laurie to 5/8we can only try
out pack will complete
Klemmer , Appi , Steph
Pappi , Joffa , Blore
this is strong then
bench
Pole , Twal , ? , ?

I’m happy with. AD and Brooks to start in the halves , if AD is no good he can move to centre
Staines to F B
out pack will complete
Klemmer , Appi , Steph
Pappi , Joffa , Blore
this is strong then
bench
Pole , Twal , ? , ?
Wonder if we miss out on Moey we go all in on extending AD + Brooks... or if we explore other options.

Staines to F B
out pack will complete
Klemmer , Appi , Steph
Pappi , Joffa , Blore
this is strong then
bench
Pole , Twal , ? , ?
Our pack competes until we lose a couple to injury. The depth guys aren’t great at the moment.

Back