Adam Doueihi #227

His defence is so poor that i can not see any position in FG for him.He needs a long stint in reggies to get his defence back

It's mostly his fault because his attitude is atrocious. His talk about leadership and picking the brains of industry leaders etc is such a wank.

In stating that the club hasn't done the right thing by him. It's like no one has called him out on his BS. He should play reserves to get his game together and hopefully for him extend his career.

It's mostly his fault because his attitude is atrocious. His talk about leadership and picking the brains of industry leaders etc is such a wank.

In stating that the club hasn't done the right thing by him. It's like no one has called him out on his BS. He should play reserves to get his game together and hopefully for him extend his career.
How are you supposed to get better if no-one tells you how bad you are?

Imagine if you're a kid who can't read and is not really even trying to become a better reader and your teacher knows but doesn't do anything to address it aside from tell you not to worry and keep trying your best. No meaningful intervention, no consequences, no accountability. That teacher will have failed their duty of care and their job as the teacher of that student. This is the position Douhei and Brooks find themselves in now.

It is their own faults that they are not first grade standard players. They cannot be redeemed at this club in my opinion. But their ineptitude is just being compounded by the club's inability to hold them accountable for the substandard performances they are displaying week in, week out. Dropping them is the right thing to do to not only to trigger some of the self evaluation they need to improve their games, but also to show them that there is a standard to they have to play to and to take them out of pressure cooker environment that they aren't displaying the ability to deal with.

Douhei has no future with us. If the club keeps playing him with the form he is in at the moment he might not have a future with anyone.

Loan him to Storm or Dolphins for rest of this season to see how Bellamy or Bennett deal with his defence. Then hopefully they want him next season.

Clearly doesn't wanna play fullback.

Sit him down and discuss the future......
Entitled much…
If he was going well in his preferred position - he’d still be there.

To be honest, he’s lucky at times to be playing first grade - and it’s not a recent thing…
Kid can be a really good footballer - someone needs to be honest with him, he’s obviously not honest with himself…

Has no mobility...watch him closely and he rarely bends / no flexibility.

He looks like a prop playing FB...can't get across / can't get down.

He is not a FB. His problem, and ours, is he is not a 6 either.

He also lacks any courage...which I hate to say.

Last week he had a chance to take the collision on the line and maybe prevent a try (like the Dolphins have been doing all season)...instead he stepped away from the collision and pretended to strip at the ball. I have never seen a bloke so clearly NOT want the collision.

People laughed when Staines got run over pre season in NZ...but he stood there and took the whole hit. Tedesco and co are great, but they also have been run over. They always still take the next collision.

AD wants absolutely none of it.

You can't have a last line of D without courage.

Loan him to Storm or Dolphins for rest of this season to see how Bellamy or Bennett deal with his defence. Then hopefully they want him next season.
I was under the impression that Furner was bought in to hone the defensive skills of the team,obviously its all falling on deaf ears...I havent played the game for 30 years,but put me out there and no matter how big the opposition is I will throw everything I can at him to take him down,thats the way I was taught...

There seems to be something seriously wrong with AD lately.
Doesn’t seem to have the will to win he always displayed in the past.
Maybe just another victim of the WestsTigers system… I seriously hope they’re not playing him injured as they’ve done to others in the past.

There seems to be something seriously wrong with AD lately.
Doesn’t seem to have the will to win he always displayed in the past.
Maybe just another victim of the WestsTigers system… I seriously hope they’re not playing him injured as they’ve done to others in the past.
He's sookin....

See it in his body language, his emotions (or lack thereof) , general demeanour.

Everything he was praised for last year such as his leadership qualities and competitiveness has been thrown into the trash.

It's a shame - he's on the chopping block for mine and should be told to find a new club.... (but we signed him for 2024 🤦🏻)

At least the other two pretenders, Brooks and Laurie, don't have deals after this year and shouldn't be offered one either.

I especially enjoy the footage of him dawdling along in the background for that last try…
He was dawdling across field for a lot of the tries. Haas said himself, at half time when interviewed, that he went from dummy half when he saw Doueihi. We should not be surprised as we all saw this when he was fullback before. He will not put his body on the line. He is slow and cumbersome and at times not interested. But lets just leave him there and pretend he can do the job. Thank God I don't comment on performances on game day.

He's sookin....

See it in his body language, his emotions (or lack thereof) , general demeanour.

Everything he was praised for last year such as his leadership qualities and competitiveness has been thrown into the trash.

It's a shame - he's on the chopping block for mine and should be told to find a new club.... (but we signed him for 2024 🤦🏻)

At least the other two pretenders, Brooks and Laurie, don't have deals after this year and shouldn't be offered one either.
This, started when we refused to trade him with Melbourne.

I don't know what to make of what's happened with Douehi. Clearly he is not enjoying his footy and he his offering very little to the team. Losing can mentally break a player and very hard to find a positive about him atm.

This, started when we refused to trade him with Melbourne.

Just another in a long list of players that thinks he'd be winning premierships if he wasn't playing for the Tigers....
IF he were at the Storm - He wouldn't have made it through pre-season.....
He'd be Marion Seve 7-8 game a year.

Had as many good games as very poor ones last year man - Maybe less....

When he finally accepts and embraces his reality - the penny will hopefully drop.
I just hope it's not too late for him....

Interesting to hear Billy Slater say he'd play him at Lock...
I can't remember the 3 things Cronk said last night he needs to improve - But they weren't great.

His spot is somewhere in the backrow for mine,
But he needs to put in some effort in defence - Or he's off to the Super League....

Had as many good games as very poor ones last year man - Maybe less....

When he finally accepts and embraces his reality - the penny will hopefully drop.
I just hope it's not too late for him....

Interesting to hear Billy Slater say he'd play him at Lock...
I can't remember the 3 things Cronk said last night he needs to improve - But they weren't great.

His spot is somewhere in the backrow for mine,
But he needs to put in some effort in defence - Or he's off to the Super League....
If he stepped up in defence, he could play a role very similar to Yeo.

Back