Adam Doueihi #227

I don't think the forwards are going as well as people are indicating....
I still think we're soft in the middle and mistake ridden on the edges
(Not mentioning the penalties we're giving away)

The backs are an issue - And we're not getting much in metres from our back 5 coming out of the red...
(Which would also help the forwards)

The whole spine has been below it's best, And that's the problem - They need 80% games to compete....
Not 40-50% games....

I don't think we're done, I also never thought we'd be a top 8 side this year....
If we're not showing something by mid way I'll be concerned...
0-5 heading for 0-6 and you're not concerned???

I don't see the point of laying blame at the feet of the backs
If your backs are given poor service, lack of direction, no inventive plays then you aint gonna get much from them
I'm not blaming the backs.

Blaming the spine.

Ongoing problems that should've and could've been addressed already.

I'm not blaming the backs.

Blaming the spine.

Ongoing problems that should've and could've been addressed already.
Like I've said NO other club would tolerate a (soon to be) 0-6 start to the season
Sack the fckn coach for f__ks sake!!!

we all go on about wanting new players but in reality we don’t do enough to help the players we have. There is no denying adam doughi is a relented rugby league player but for some reason he has not reached his potential here this is the folt of the club
So we say move him on. Then we get the next bloke in and he fails then we just go through the hole thing again. This is a huge problem at our club we consistently take good young players and turn them into nothing it sucks and I’m sick of it

Yeah man and its not a new issue either...
Well maybe it is to the coaching staff.

Lack of speed in the backline has been an issue for years so play our slowest player at fullback.

Most have played enough fantasy football or rugby league live career mode to know how to put together a team better than these guys.
It’s like our team plays in slow motion when watching against a speedy back line.

we all go on about wanting new players but in reality we don’t do enough to help the players we have. There is no denying adam doughi is a relented rugby league player but for some reason he has not reached his potential here this is the folt of the club
So we say move him on. Then we get the next bloke in and he fails then we just go through the hole thing again. This is a huge problem at our club we consistently take good young players and turn them into nothing it sucks and I’m sick of it

What we on this forum have to realise is we have power
Admin coaches aren't the life blood that keeps a club going
We are!
Without fans ya got nothing
Organise ourselves to one voice...and that's gonna be a fkn loud voice!
Petition, mass emails, publicity, connections & whatever else we can think of to get our message across to the club.
They might not have to be accountable to us but we can certainly give them something to think hard about!

More reasoning...

The halves can't perform because we don't have the forwards to lay the platform

Now the backs don't get the service to showcase because the halves are not good enough.

This club man....
It's the epitome of the problem, excuses. We make excuses for everything the playing group does, the coaches do, the board and ceo do. We just make excuses and keep moving on.

I don't see the point of laying blame at the feet of the backs
If your backs are given poor service, lack of direction, no inventive plays then you aint gonna get much from them
1 through to 7 need an upgrade. Not discounting your comments on service from the halves, but I have not seen our 5 to 1 threaten an opposition line, not on kick returns, hit ups or in broken play. The positioning in defence is bad as is their communication, while in attack I agree that direction is an issue that the halves need to fix but imo we present a flat backline and they are often poorly positioned as well. Backs need room to move and should present a little deeper.

Naden and stains are the only ones that appear to have pace.

If Douhei and Brooks are picked tonight then Tim Sheens is insane or These 2 are blackmailing him!! They have lost 5 straight with Douhei playing in a TUXEDO he cannot get dirty and he is rewarded by being 5/8 ?? Give Will Smith a Run FFS !! 10 years of terrible Brooks incompetence and he never EVER agents dropped??? WHAt Is GOING ON?? 🤬🤯😡😤

If Douhei and Brooks are picked tonight then Tim Sheens is insane or These 2 are blackmailing him!! They have lost 5 straight with Douhei playing in a TUXEDO he cannot get dirty and he is rewarded by being 5/8 ?? Give Will Smith a Run FFS !! 10 years of terrible Brooks incompetence and he never EVER agents dropped??? WHAt Is GOING ON?? 🤬🤯😡😤
Team is already out

And yes Brooks and Doueihi are both named in the halves

Reward someone who has had a dummy spit and turned it up for the last fortnight by moving them back to their preferred position.

1 through to 7 need an upgrade. Not discounting your comments on service from the halves, but I have not seen our 5 to 1 threaten an opposition line, not on kick returns, hit ups or in broken play. The positioning in defence is bad as is their communication, while in attack I agree that direction is an issue that the halves need to fix but imo we present a flat backline and they are often poorly positioned as well. Backs need room to move and should present a little deeper.

Naden and stains are the only ones that appear to have pace.
Coach and halfback are the biggest most urgent issues and I can't see fixing anything else to be as effective if these aren't fixed first.
You don't think Laurie has pace?

‘She was heartbroken for me’: Defiant Doueihi reveals pain of third ACL injury​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

Updated April 24, 2023 — 8.38amfirst published April 23, 2023 — 5.00pm

Wests Tigers star Adam Doueihi has revealed he may not return to rugby league until midway through next season, outlining his detailed rehabilitation plan from a third ACL injury.

In his first interview since his season-ending injury against Parramatta on Easter Monday, Doueihi spoke about the pain of watching his emotional mother break down in the sheds as she embraced the injured playmaker after the game.

“She was a wreck,” Doueihi told the Herald. “She just knows how tough it is to come back from. She was heartbroken for me. It’s never fun seeing your mum cry or your siblings getting teary in the sheds. I was a bit teary.”
Doueihi admitted he had trepidation about coming back from his third ACL injury, contemplating retirement in a dark 24 hours after the injury.

However, the Tigers five-eighth insists those thoughts haven’t crossed his mind since as he eyes a return to the NRL next year.
“It does cross your mind,” Doueihi said about the prospect of being forced into retirement.
“At the start, there’s a million negative thoughts going through your head. But it’s not something I think about or stress over or lose sleep over. I’m staying
positive. This definitely won’t be the end of me, that’s for sure. I’ve been here before. I’ve come back before. I’m almost an expert in ACLs. I’ll be back.”

Given the fact it’s his third ACL rupture in the same knee, the road to recovery is longer for Doueihi than it would be for others. The 24-year-old is bracing for two surgeries given his history.

“The more you play around and go into your knee, the uglier it gets in there,” he said.

“Once you have two or three or four ACLs, there’s a two-stage process they like to do. They just fill all the previous keyholes or any holes in there with a bit of bone. You need to let that settle for three to four months. Then when you go back in four months, it’s like they’re doing their first ACL surgery.

“Everything is just clean and it’s a much easier process. They don’t have to change their hole from where the original ones were. It’s an option on the table. We’ll just see what happens. There’s a few other options we can do to make sure it’s extra secure this time. We’ve reached out to a few surgeons around Australia and overseas to make sure we get the best opinion and go from there.”

1682390438392.png
Adam Doueihi faces a long road back to the NRL.CREDIT:GETTY

Doueihi recently decided to sign a one-year extension, foregoing the opportunity to secure a long-term deal.
It appears to have backfired, but the Lebanese international says he’s not fazed by the prospect of returning as an off-contract player.

“I haven’t really thought about it,” he said. “The club and the coaching staff have been good to me. They’re not rushing it. They’re worried about me doing the right surgery and focusing on the now to make sure I can come back fit and available to play.
“But I’m not going to sit here and dwell on all the negatives. I’m trying to see the positive things in life. You can’t sit here and sook about results and injuries. You have to pull the socks up and go out and get it.”

Well, good luck to him and I wish him all the best recovery wise and in general, but the timing of return sucks big time. I reckon WT should pay him out and get a spot back for recruitment before 30 June. Absolutely no point keeping him on the books with a tentative return late into next season- his final contracted season with WT. IM sure WT could / would still help him with his medical needs but surely the NRL shouldn't object to paying him out to free up a spot under the circumstances.

I wonder if he will display the same loyalty as Talau.

Would not consider announcing retirement at this point. He has to get paid first

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back