Adam Doueihi #227

It's not even his lack of speed that is the issue in attack, his reflexes are really slow and that rules him out of both fullback and centre play where quick hands are necessary.

He got caught with the ball numerous times yesterday when quick pass would have helped. When he did get the ball out under pressure he knocked it on once and reynolds nearly intercepted him on another. He had very little time but he didn't hit any of those opportunities and too often seems to get stuck in what to do.

Nevermind his defense, which is probably worse than any player I've seen in recent memory, arms flailing everywhere but shoulder nowhere to be seen. How can they play him? It's not good enough by a long way.

Very disappointing.
Brooks is better than AD, the corner posts is better than the pair of them.

Our problem is our back line, it lacks size and speed. It’s been that way for the last 11 years. Coincidently the same amount of time we have failed to achieve. Been banging on about it for years.

we keep putting slow and comparatively shorter players in these positions that pose no threat to oppositions, so the defence is focused on the halves Ignoring the outside backs. If I was setting up a team to play us I would compress the defence and invite the tigers to go around. If the play doesn’t breakdown before getting to centre/winger then most teams will round us up.
AD at best is a 14 nothing more. In a sport where pace has become a key part of the game he is as slow as wet week.

He was great at 6 against Canberra in the pre-season, playing with Wakeham at 7. He's not a FB.

All those years under Madge trying to carry the team has taken its toll on him. These days he's lost heart and become tackle shy.
Maybe AD was playing well under Madges coaching because he liked the coach and knew what a tough job Madge had...AD also doesnt appear to have mentally got over the last ACL injury..
I honestly think that the players are going backwards because of the comical coaching setup,maybe the players might not like Sheens and co but have to put up with them,same as we have to put up with garbage displays week to week....BUT then again we can always walk away for awhile....

Slow in his brains slow physically as well.

Douehi along with a lot of other people in this club look like they're scared of physical contact, both in attack and defence.

The tag 'soft' seems to follow Sheens' teams- before him we were incompetent, lacked skill and had a crappy roster but now we are soft too under Sheens.

Send AD packing. His effort is terrible, jogs around everywhere with no intent.

His defence is terrible, his pace non-existent and his ball playing terrible. When he was moved to fullback I thought it would be a good idea. Add some ball playing out the back that was lacking under Laurie & Staines, and create space for outside players.

In saying that I just did not realise his complete lack of commitment & how poor he really is as a footballer

He is just back from injury and might be timid on the knee.
I know guys who said they could never play the same after doing a knee. Held back ever since the injury.

How can they play him?

AD is a disaster. He has shown signs of being a quality footballer but there are now so few positives and so many negatives. He has regressed significantly.

His attitude stinks with his talk about being the 6 and a leader at the club all aligned to getting a massive salary.

To answer your question they can play him if we don't have better options. I don't think AD should be played in the spine period which leaves centre or edge backrower. He should prove himself in that role in reserves with a view to developing the guy into as good a player as he can be.

It's mostly his fault with his ridiculous self-assessment of his ability but the club should look at doing the right thing by the guy and try to get his career back on track.

I am extremely doubtful that an ACL injury today kills your career especially at his age. If it was the injury I'd understand. It's predominantly his attitude.
I don’t disagree he got a one year extension which tells me he’s not part of Benjis long term plan. May as well start watching in 2025. Doubt we will do anything for a few years based on what I’ve seen.

Clearly doesn't wanna play fullback.

Sit him down and discuss the future......
His future at another club? Should have been done last year when he was dodging tackles, instead were gifted him another year?

AD is a disaster. He has shown signs of being a quality footballer but there are now so few positives and so many negatives. He has regressed significantly.

His attitude stinks with his talk about being the 6 and a leader at the club all aligned to getting a massive salary.

To answer your question they can play him if we don't have better options. I don't think AD should be played in the spine period which leaves centre or edge backrower. He should prove himself in that role in reserves with a view to developing the guy into as good a player as he can be.

It's mostly his fault with his ridiculous self-assessment of his ability but the club should look at doing the right thing by the guy and try to get his career back on track.

His defence is so poor that i can not see any position in FG for him.He needs a long stint in reggies to get his defence back

Latest posts

Members online

Back