Didn’t he get out player of the year before his ACL ?Yes that’s a fair point. But does that also exclude AD being pretty poor for the last 5 seasons with bad performances and season ending injuries?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Didn’t he get out player of the year before his ACL ?Yes that’s a fair point. But does that also exclude AD being pretty poor for the last 5 seasons with bad performances and season ending injuries?
He won the players player award in 2021 which prior to this season was his best season with us. But he injured his ACL for the second time that year as well.Didn’t he get out player of the year before his ACL ?
If the dragons are the only other club with an offer with 500k then that’s on them. Interesting dragons coach has the same manager as douehi. Win win for Cove Agency.I say good luck to Adam if he gets $500k per season for 2 years at the Dragons. We have low balled him, which is insulting at $350 for 1 year. Now we come up to 2 years after he had a blinder yesterday, still at $350k. More insult. We are club that never been able to manage players true value over the years. Onnly need to look at all the good players that have left. We like to pay overs for duds.
He hasn’t been pretty poor for 5 seasons though … been one of our best when fit.Yes that’s a fair point. But does that also exclude AD being pretty poor for the last 5 seasons with bad performances and season ending injuries?
He’s had some real bad performances during the last 5 seasons. Yes he’s had good games as well not every game he’s played has been bad, but I think most fans know AD hasn’t played like he has this season. He was decent in 2021 up until his ACL injury I’ll give him that, but his record is definitely worse than good. Just because he’s been better this year doesn’t outweigh the previous 5 seasons of average/poor performances with the occasional good/solid ones.He hasn’t been pretty poor for 5 seasons though … been one of our best when fit.
Yea I mean we signed Jock Madden for 350!He'll get more money than that whether he stays or goes.
This is all true.He’s had some real bad performances during the last 5 seasons. Yes he’s had good games as well not every game he’s played has been bad, but I think most fans know AD hasn’t played like he has this season. He was decent in 2021 up until his ACL injury I’ll give him that, but his record is definitely worse than good. Just because he’s been better this year doesn’t outweigh the previous 5 seasons of average/poor performances with the occasional good/solid ones.
Believe Bird was 450 total, so 225 each year. Why I don’t have any issues with Bird, believe he preforms to that level.The salary cap is 12m. 450k is just over 1/30th of it. For a guy who can play several positions at a fringe first grade level, offers utility value and could end up good at 13, which is now a key position, it's fine.
We gave Jack Bird 450k a year for 2 years. What is better than Doueihi at?
Over the years, I’ve been a critic of his no doubt. People were telling me pre knee injuries he was our best player and I didn’t see it. I also didn’t agree with it for the reasons you have outlined.He’s had some real bad performances during the last 5 seasons. Yes he’s had good games as well not every game he’s played has been bad, but I think most fans know AD hasn’t played like he has this season. He was decent in 2021 up until his ACL injury I’ll give him that, but his record is definitely worse than good. Just because he’s been better this year doesn’t outweigh the previous 5 seasons of average/poor performances with the occasional good/solid ones.
Doueihi is a local junior and from all accounts a loyal local junior who would prefer to stay.we are paying bird, 400k or 450k he is useless AD is worth 500k x 2
Over the years, I’ve been a critic of his no doubt. People were telling me pre knee injuries he was our best player and I didn’t see it. I also didn’t agree with it for the reasons you have outlined.
That said, I truly believe he has been in our top 3 this year and some games were won on his performances. That can’t be said for any of our more fancied halves.
He has often been accused of lazy defence and that’s true, however not much this year at all. He is also accused often of being slow. Maybe laterally, but in a straight line, he is very fast and has proven that quite a few times over the past 18 months.
His attitude has really improved and if that’s due to him sitting out for a few years injured and readjusting his goals then I’m all for it. The guy is one of our best this year. That is usually rewarded.
Hey... Dumb question?Don’t doubt Douiehi is inconsistent but I don’t think he is just playing for a contract in the sense he will tank if we give it to him. No doubt he is trying to prove his worth - I respect that.
I’d go two years at 450. Anything more it starts getting pretty tricky.
He came from Souths.Doueihi is a local junior and from all accounts a loyal local junior who would prefer to stay.