OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

Dragons upped their offer today. $500k a year for 2 years.
To put that figure in context we offered a reserve grade Dragons halfback that got the flick $150k more a season than they are offering AD.
If true he’s gone. Not a chance we offer 500k a season.
 
I’ve been hard on AD over the years but I think this season he has had a genuine crack at improving his deficiencies. Defensively he has improved heaps this season.

I have no issues if we keep him, we need 20+ NRL players in the squad anyway.

If we want to win games we need to score points and AD at his peak provides that.


His versatility is a big plus like having 4 extra roster spots

He plays

Fullback
Centre
5/8
Half
Lock

And if he is 14 alot of problems solved
 
AD is clearly our best player .ATM better than Luai imo
We have an incredible history in losing our best players
Just stop it. Let's not overthink it .Resign him now 2 years not 50k less than Dragons but 50k more than Dragons
All that matters is winning our last 4 games and making the finals next year
Lowballing him ? What kind of message does that send !
 
Yeh for sure I can see the direction that they want to go in but I think they’re wrong. We know what jock madden has and we have seen enough of latu thus far this season to know that while he has some skills he’s not ready. I’d much rather be going into next season with an experienced campaigner in dooey on board rather than latu “running the show” or relying upon the miracle return of jock madden.
Benji has made it very clear who our long term 7 is going to be. As a short term 13/14 AD has a job; he can step in as required as Latu develops.

Latu will have had a full off season to develop and will be fighting for a spot with a genuine half in Madden.
 
It’s good that we’re trying not to pay overs, but to think we paid nearly twice as much for Bateman boggles the mind.

The fact that AD covers so many positions makes him easily worth $450k IMO.

Can we just give St George Jack Bird back and call it square?
 
If the reported figure of 350-400K depending on who said it is accurate I don’t think that’s a lowball offer given his history. This is no doubt AD’s best season in his entire time with the club and I’ll give him credit he’s improved in some areas he lacked. But he has struggled long before this year and has suffered 2 ACL injuries during his time with us I know he’s had 3 in total he had his first one back when he was at Souths, but is he performing due to being a contract year? Or has he turned a corner? Hard to say but given his history I’m fine with this offer if it’s accurate you can’t break the bank on a player who’s never been solid up until this year. If he stays I don’t have a problem with it but won’t be upset either if he chooses to leave.
 
Yes that’s a fair point. But does that also exclude AD being pretty poor for the last 5 seasons with bad performances and season ending injuries?
True - I’d say performance wise, probably no worse than any of our mob but yeh some tough injuries. I just tend to think if a guy is on the up and there’s a good feel right now why not go with it? Our attack has looked horrific and now that tiny bit of hope and excitement is returning…. Anyway I’d say he’ll go caus richo was pretty firm with the offer he made which seemed very low compared to others over the past few seasons.
 
True - I’d say performance wise, probably no worse than any of our mob but yeh some tough injuries. I just tend to think if a guy is on the up and there’s a good feel right now why not go with it? Our attack has looked horrific and now that tiny bit of hope and excitement is returning…. Anyway I’d say he’ll go caus richo was pretty firm with the offer he made which seemed very low compared to others over the past few seasons.
I think Richo has been firm given his history. Not many clubs have stuck by a player that’s had 2 ACL injuries with that same club. Not to mention prior to this season AD has been pretty poor. But like I said I’ll give AD credit he has improved this year. I think in a way it’s to see if AD will stick with the club that stuck by him during those 2 ACL injuries, he doesn’t have to and don’t expect him to stay for that reason if he does. But I think that’s why they went that amount.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top