Adam Doueihi #227

@demps said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1524282) said:
![Screenshot_20220127-212635_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1643279238017-screenshot_20220127-212635_instagram.jpg)

King AD, up front.
🔥 👑

Is brooks daydreaming 🤣

@tiger-ferret said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1524284) said:
@demps said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1524282) said:
![Screenshot_20220127-212635_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1643279238017-screenshot_20220127-212635_instagram.jpg)

King AD, up front.
? ?

Is brooks daydreaming ?

He's thinking about his Knights photo shoot in a few weeks?

@tigerjunior4 said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1524240) said:
Personally I think where AD plays in 2022 will depend upon the success of the Brooks/Hastings and how well his body holds up coming back from injury.

In the case of the latter, he might be eased back into grade playing from the bench as a utility. It might take him a while to return to his best coming off a second knee reco and it’s not uncommon for players to take a season to return to their best.

If Brooks or Hastings are in poor form then I reckon the coach will put him straight into the halves. If they’re playing well and we’re winning, AD will either slot into centres or play from the interchange.

I personally think he’s more suited to 5/8 but he plays well in the centres too. I don’t think he’s a lock at this stage of his career but wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there in a few years time as a ball playing lock.

I see him as a lock as he probably isn’t fast enough for 5/8 nor centre anymore. His defence is a worry for that position though it must be said.

“I’m not exactly sure how many months or days yet, but (my return) should be somewhere in the middle of the front end of the season, I hope.”

Doueihi hoping for a return to the field somewhere between rounds 6-8 :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed:

If AD slots straight back in at 6 mid way through the season then we are having a bad year

@kingrobbie said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1524969) said:
“I’m not exactly sure how many months or days yet, but (my return) should be somewhere in the middle of the front end of the season, I hope.”

Doueihi hoping for a return to the field somewhere between rounds 6-8 :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed:

HELL yeah.

Yeah I saw this yesterday too…. What is the supposed timeline return?
He has hinted that he's way ahead of schedule and could potentially play as early as round 6, but all parties think it would be smarter for him until around mid season rounds 10-12, which was the original time line

He has hinted that he's way ahead of schedule and could potentially play as early as round 6, but all parties think it would be smarter for him until around mid season rounds 10-12, which was the original time line
Hope they don't rush him back. Without wanting to sound like a defeatist attitude IMO we will struggle this year anyway, can't see us making the 8 TBH. Would rather have him in top shape for our '23 assault.
Good sign that he's already comfortable enough to be practising his goalkicking though👍.

I think Madge will want him back as early as possible we have to remember Madge’s job is on the line here he wants / needs results he isn’t going to be resting people for next year

I think Madge will want him back as early as possible we have to remember Madge’s job is on the line here he wants / needs results he isn’t going to be resting people for next year

Madge won’t get a say & can’t see him rushing someone this year at all.
AD has to be cleared by the medical staff before Madge has a chance to select him, can’t see that happening before round 10.

I see him as a lock as he probably isn’t fast enough for 5/8 nor centre anymore. His defence is a worry for that position though it must be said.
If we are being serious, his defence is a worry for all 3 positions. He might be able to get more assistance in the lock position.

A powerful band of Tigers old boys has initiated a strong push for a new voice to immediately assume the Wests Tigers captaincy for this season as the club grapples with a difficult choice.

Dean Ritchie
3 min read
February 21, 2022 - 8:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
0 comments

A powerful band of Tigers old boys has initiated a strong push for 23-year-old Adam Doueihi to immediately assume the Wests Tigers captaincy for this season.

The club is yet to endorse incumbent skipper James Tamou amid increasing speculation the former Test and Blues prop, who turns 34 later this year, may be replaced.

“I think it’s time for someone younger,” said former Tigers fullback Garry Jack. And ex-Balmain Test star Larry Corowa said: “I wouldn’t go with Luke Brooks.”

News Corp spoke to multiple sources in and around the club but each was perplexed about who’d be named 2022 captain. Even board members say they haven’t been told.

Despite the club’s round one match fast approaching – it’s against Melbourne on March 12 – Tamou told Fox Sports last Friday night he was unaware whether he would be retained as the club’s leader.

Wests Tigers are the only Sydney club yet to formally announce their skipper for this year.

Tamou, Doueihi and Brooks would be frontline contenders although Alex Twal could gain some support.

But it is Doueihi who has secured some heavyweight backing from a core of former Tigers legends.

Brooks was a stand in captain ahead of Doueihi last year when Tamou was out with a foot injury. There is a suggestion Brooks may start the year as skipper before Doueihi returns from a knee injury some time after round 10.

“The club needs to do something different and they need to test the waters. They can’t keep doing the same thing. It’s been over a decade since we played in the finals,” said Tigers great Ben Elias.

“We can build a club around Doueihi. Adam is the complete footballer and is highly regarded and respected by the players.

“He is also presentable off the field. He is articulate and has a great image. We could do a lot worse than a kid like him.

“I’d go for one of the halves – Brooks or Doueihi. One of those two has to be the captain. If pushed, I’d go with Doueihi.”

While Brooks is highly regarded, Jack was another to support Doueihi as captain.

“Doueihi is a very good player,” Jack said. “He is going to be in your first grade side every week, that’s the big thing, he can read a game and he’s one of your best players.

“I think he’s a player of the future and seems quite a respectful young player. Hopefully he will be at the club long-term.

“He has grabbed his opportunity since coming from Souths.”

Legendary winger Corowa added: “Doueihi would probably be the prime contender. For the last three years, he has consolidated a first grade spot.

“He has the respect and is starting to play good football.

“But if Adam was injured, I’d look at Jackson Hastings. He is a good organiser and he talks on the field. He’s not afraid to say his piece.

“I wouldn’t go with Brooks for the big ‘c’.”

Former Tigers champion Tim Brasher said the club needed a leader more than a veteran voice.

“A captain has to be a leader and someone not afraid to make a hard call because his mates might not like it,” Brasher said.

“I would go more with a leader than someone else who has been there longer.”

“If he (Doueihi) has the boys behind him, and they think he’s a leader, then they will follow him. I have seen him play but don’t know what he’s like.

Back