hammertime
Well-known member
Surely we aren't talking about replacing our 7 when we just won our first round by biggest margin ever?Latu will be the starting 7 next year if he can play 15 games this year
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Surely we aren't talking about replacing our 7 when we just won our first round by biggest margin ever?Latu will be the starting 7 next year if he can play 15 games this year
Next year I think Latu will be the starting 7 if he can play 15 games this yearSurely we aren't talking about replacing our 7 when we just won our first round by biggest margin ever?
Benji made a very direct comment about Latu in the press conference when asked about him...said he is due to be back round 4, however its going to take a lot of hard work from him to make this team.Surely we aren't talking about replacing our 7 when we just won our first round by biggest margin ever?
I think AD demonstrated on the weekend that he has addressed many of his defensive issues - including his ability to not fade in and out of the game.BWG and I were discussing AD's role over in the Wests Tigers Faithful thread. Now that AD has been extended and given what Benji has stated about Latu being our long term 7 you have to think about what role he plays and how that translates into the Wests Tigers style of play.
I really think we missed a trick in not converting him into a 13 over the off season, but better footy brains that mine have the clipboard but we have to assume that his future lies in that jumper. I don't see him as a Yeo style 13 either. I see his optimal role as being a runner, secondary playmaker, or link rather than the primary organiser; almost a third half. A big third half that shares the kicking duties plays in and out of first receiver and provides a running threat.
BWG raised his ability to hold is own in the middle as a potential issue - and it certainly is right now. However, he could be eased into the system on a rotation with Twall until he transitions into an 80 minute 13 in 2027 after an offseason developing his body for the new role. Not sure what you would classify him as; a hybrid 13 or a hybrid 7.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out over the season and what role he plays as Latu is eased back into the squad.
thought he did what he had to beyond his kicking game. didn't find the grass at all and lacked depth.I think AD demonstrated on the weekend that he has addressed many of his defensive issues - including his ability to not fade in and out of the game.
100% - I thought he was good for the most part but his kicking game was bog average. Not highe enough when long and not well directed. I don't recall any attempts at a 40-20 despite a couple of good opportunites and as you pointed out failed to kick to the seagulls. I also wonder where that floating bomb has dissapeared to.thought he did what he had to beyond his kicking game. didn't find the grass at all and lacked depth.
Yes he found grass, the time Luke got it back. Some long kicks were too low and short. The chip kick for the error in the last 10 was excellent.thought he did what he had to beyond his kicking game. didn't find the grass at all and lacked depth.
fair call, I'll give you that one. that said tho he had plenty of time to put the ball high and long and didn't do either. fair few times where NQ started their sets on their 30 or further upfield. better teams will take advantage of that.Yes he found grass, the time Luke got it back. Some long kicks were too low and short. The chip kick for the error in the last 10 was excellent.
I think Latu has his work cut out for him if hes any chance of replacing AD at 7.. atleast in the next 2 years.. Latu doesnt lead the team around the park the way Douhei does. Maybe its just his age and lack of confidence to tell older more mature players what to do ..
I have been thinking about where Latu fits back in when fit - He probably takes up a spot on the bench because of his versatility. The re signing of Douehi may have him looking elsewhere after 2027.I think Latu has his work cut out for him if hes any chance of replacing AD at 7.. atleast in the next 2 years.. Latu doesnt lead the team around the park the way Douhei does. Maybe its just his age and lack of confidence to tell older more mature players what to do ..
One will play at lock
latu would want to play 7 and he will have plenty of teams needing a 7 with no shortage of offers.I just want to fast forward Latu 3 years because I think he will be an unbelievable lock. He is now whenever he has played there, but obviously young and hard on his body
latu would want to play 7 and he will have plenty of teams needing a 7 with no shortage of offers.
would be shocked if he re-signs to play 13
Maybe AD and BM know Bula leaving and he may return to Full back next season.
Only guessing though?
a good 7 gets paid plentyIm not convinced on that. He has publicly said a number of times he is happy to play anywhere and he absolutely love the physical side of the game.
I tend to agree with you. As a 13 he doesn’t need to lead the team around the park. He can concentrate on his own game and chime in when he sees an opportunity. Remember, Luai is probably a much larger personality than Latu and I think he even struggled at 7. TBH the person that most looks like a traditional 7 is Jock Madden but with AD, Latu and Luai there, I am not sure where he fits?Im not convinced on that. He has publicly said a number of times he is happy to play anywhere and he absolutely love the physical side of the game.
It looked like Luai was the dominant kicker in the attacking 50. AD needs to stand a bit deeper and give himself more time...his kicks were rushed.100% - I thought he was good for the most part but his kicking game was bog average. Not highe enough when long and not well directed. I don't recall any attempts at a 40-20 despite a couple of good opportunites and as you pointed out failed to kick to the seagulls. I also wonder where that floating bomb has dissapeared to.
His kicking definitely needs a touch up.
Twal was very good on Saturday .....surely he keeps the job if he repeats that performanceOne will play at lock
True DB, I was just spitballing !I thought your fullback is meant to the fittest and most agile person on the team.