Alan Jones Comments

tigeralex

Wow the Parrot just gave it to Taylor and Go. Said they both should "Go". Really stuck it into JT. Must have found out they were Labor supporters

Alan has always been a strong supporter of Australian Athletes. He has regularly questioned the makeup of virtually every Sporting Administration in the country.

I have always been a big fan of Alan [still am], but over the past 2 years when attending different events which he is speaking, he is starting to lose the room more than not.

Only 2 weeks ago we were finalising a list of speakers for our next fundraiser, and we all agreed to not approach Alan after his attack on John Connolly last month.

Wow JT and Marina must be doing the right thing. I think this confirms it because anyone who upsets both Alan Jones and Buzz Rothfield has to be heading in the right direction

@Boonboon2 said:
Wow JT and Marina must be doing the right thing. I think this confirms it because anyone who upsets both Alan Jones and Buzz Rothfield has to be heading in the right direction

Agree. I haven't been the biggest JT and Go fan . But if they are annoying Alan Jones that's a big tick against their names. Jones would hate to see a woman in Go's position

I always find these threads interesting :slight_smile:

Whatever his comments were im sure i agree with them.

https://www.rewindradio.com/2gb/alan-jones-calls-for-chair-of-west-tigers-marina-go-and-coach-jason-taylor-to-resign

Shouldn't jump to conclusions there Champ. I was in a clients warehouse and it was on. I think my comments show I'm no fan

i dont agree with all these comments on jonsey. jones was the first coach to win the gran slam in rugby and some of his records stand today. he had moderate success at the tigers for little pay when no one wanted to coach us. just a few simple facts. likewise he has been up the greens and labour who have tried to railroad developments in the area of balmain

@white said:
i dont agree with all these comments on jonsey. jones was the first coach to win the gran slam in rugby and some of his records stand today. he had moderate success at the tigers for little pay when no one wanted to coach us. just a few simple facts. likewise he has been up the greens and labour who have tried to railroad developments in the area of balmain

when you " coach" a side that has the three ella's, campo, lynagh, farr-jones in it all he was required to do was do the post match pressers and get oranges ready for half time.
jones could not coach the proverbial to stink.

Thought he was reflecting the majority of thoughts in this forum regardless of what people may think of him.

Isn't that the consensus of opinion, get rid of JT and Go?

Didn't he encourage Gary Freeman, Mick Neil and others to leave Balmain….pot calling kettle black!

@white said:

I listen to him, admire his ability to take a stand and his ability to articulate but he is not always informed or right. As was said earlier he favours the player in most cases over the administration and has really being giving it to David Smith and the NRL lately so the fact that Marina Go is appointed by the NRL makes her a target.

In terms of "the few simple facts" he coached without a fee and had no success with a record (in a 16 team comp) of 1991 – 8 wins, 12th place; 1992 – 10 wins, 10th place; 1993 – 5 wins, 12th place. I would dispute that "no one wanted to coach us" (I don't think that qualifies as a fact) given the team that they had at the time coming off the success they had (almost) had.

More importantly though, he let an international half back (Gary Freeman) be released (halfway through his three year contract) in favour of an untried rugby union halfback (Brian Smith) in 1992\. Freeman won the Dally M while playing for Easts in 1992\. As Paul Sironen admitted years later in his autobiography, "the 'running rugby' style of Jones was too simplistic for the structured defensive patterns which had developed in rugby league during the 1980s".

Perhaps that's why "jonesy" is such an expert in the subject of rugby league coaching…..

Overall however, it's hard for me to judge in this case if his feelings against Taylor/Go is what he believes or if this is an excuse to kick the NRL.

this guy practically killed Balmain, 6 years in a row of finals appearances and then nothing

in any event…............you got rid of Wiz (only the Kiwi international halfback) and replaced him with some nobody from Yawnion and now have the hide to question this? There's at least a financial reason to want to move Robbie on, what was your excuse you numpty in getting rid of Wiz?

when you " coach" a side that has the three ella's, campo, lynagh, farr-jones in it all he was required to do was do the post match pressers and get oranges ready for half time. jones could not coach the proverbial to stink.

Precisely … and Farr-Jones admitted as much later on when he said they just listened to him and then went out and played what they saw in front of them.

But Jones never lets the real facts get in the way of his story or opinion, and as Hitler also suggested .. if you tell a lie and they don't believe it, tell a bigger one.

The Tigers have to have some space to move with Salary cap and I also do not want to see Robbie go, but it that is how it has to be for the longer term good of the club, then so be it. Farah will still be paid. But they want to start to develop the younger players into some form of team and it will work better if they don't have to factor in the older brigade.

I wonder if Farah would be prepared to play for a lesser amount? If his heart is with the Tigers than he may well offer to do so. But if it is his back pocket (and his manager's pocket) then there will be no deals done.

Sad state of affairs, but not one that Jones either knows much about nor could fix if he did. Jones is just a grub.

Members online

Back