Alcohol

I really hope you guys celebrated the win today with a couple of beers or what ever you fancy,fantastic win...
I had a glass of 0 alchahol wine because the Doc told me to have no grog for a month because my body is producing to much iron,,,what a shame,NRL and Easter and Im on the dry...Doc also told me the Xrays of my knees show an advanced arthritice in both the left knee the worst...Off to the orthopedic surgeon next...
Its a bastard getting old,but I will fight to the very end...cheers guys....

ps day 12 today only 18 to go,,,
I knew of a case many years ago where a dude had done a tour of India and came back with a blood infection causing the body to produce copious amounts of iron.
The only way to treat it then was by having lots of blood transfusions ie. bad blood out and new blood in.
At the same time, he had to cut out sugar from his diet completely.

The same wish for you Ink, as well as many others on here who are having serious health issues.
I hope the 'new and improved model' :love: of the WT's gives you all a positive kick along to better health (y).
Thnx. BuZiN.... Even though I was.pumped and had to have a late nite because of it... It was.my first drug free real good nights sleep in a long time...

I like to drink, too, and I do not see anything terrible in this. I want to have one or two glasses of wine every time before and during dinner. I have stressful work, and wine helps me relax, enjoy my evening, and forget my work problems. Moreover, after I eat and have a glass of wine, I sit on my couch and vape. I used to smoke in the past, but a friend of mine recommended that I try vaping. I tried it and liked it. Moreover, after seeing the excellent price of Air Bar AB10000, I decided to buy more disposable cigarettes. So overall, I am not against alcohol, and I do not judge the people consuming it.

Last edited:
I like to drink, too, and I do not see anything terrible in this. I want to have one or two glasses of wine every time before and during dinner. I have stressful work, and wine helps me relax, enjoy my evening, and forget my work problems.
Yes, agree. I was a regular drinker whilst I worked and never really savoured a lot of it, but now I’m retired I’ve taken to a wine or two with some meals, and finding it very pleasant.
I guess as the old saying goes, “ if you don’t know the difference between shit and ice cream, you’ll never enjoy ice cream “.

• Love
Reactions: BZN
I certainly agree with you re. cannabis, but are you sure your claim about drinking excessively and often under 25 won't harm you is correct?
He not engaging bcoz you notice the rubbish in his post. Made it hard to read past his first sentence of trash.

I used to drink to excess nearly night, but I haven't had any alcohol for 30 + years and haven't missed it.
But I reckon @Halbrowne61 has the rite idea "a wine or two with some meals, and finding it very pleasant"
sounds really relaxing.
Many years ago I read a pamphlet “Are you an Alcoholic?”. There were ten questions that if you answered yes to one of them then you needed to talk to ya Dr about alcoholism. Well I thought I’d take and smash this little test, and I did until it asked if you drank every day? And although I drank copious amounts on the weekend, but bcoz I only had a couple each weekday I didn’t consider that drinking as such. I had to answer yes. That struck a chord and I stopped drinking on a school night, (except Sunday but still reduced), I kept that up for along time. Till 18 months ago, I’m now sick and on drugs you shouldn’t drink with. I use to brew moonshine rum. Still got 6 bottles, I had a nip after the parra raping and woo hoo, be very careful. 😁.
Pot has had no adverse effects after 40 odd years, other than I want more.

• Love
Done a cruise from Hawaii to Sydney a few years ago , when I got the drink bill me and my mate averaged 27 drinks a day , these days 6-8 on a Saturday while having a punt , but only every 3rd Saturday , don’t miss it , but enjoy the Saturday with my mates

Many years ago I read a pamphlet “Are you an Alcoholic?”. There were ten questions that if you answered yes to one of them then you needed to talk to ya Dr about alcoholism. Well I thought I’d take and smash this little test, and I did until it asked if you drank every day? And although I drank copious amounts on the weekend, but bcoz I only had a couple each weekday I didn’t consider that drinking as such. I had to answer yes. That struck a chord and I stopped drinking on a school night, (except Sunday but still reduced), I kept that up for along time. Till 18 months ago, I’m now sick and on drugs you shouldn’t drink with. I use to brew moonshine rum. Still got 6 bottles, I had a nip after the parra raping and woo hoo, be very careful. 😁.
Pot has had no adverse effects after 40 odd years, other than I want more.
Thanks for your advice Buttface re. "be very careful".
I've often wondered just recently how I would react if I was to have 1 drink.
I feel I really do know the answer 'now' and that is DONT!!!
Does pot stay in your system like alcohol as far as driving goes, and can you become a pot addict?
I wish you All The Very BEST (y) (y) (y) with Your health problem BF...I know you've been battling for a while now.

Back