OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

He's a very under the radar player in the NRL. His work in defence will be missed. I'm sure we're all hoping it's a minor strain.
 
@rah53 said in [Twal](/post/1166904) said:
He's a very under the radar player in the NRL. His work in defence will be missed. I'm sure we're all hoping it's a minor strain.


Idk how underrated he is. People are starting to notice him.
 
@GNR4LIFE said in [Twal](/post/1167117) said:
@rah53 said in [Twal](/post/1166904) said:
He's a very under the radar player in the NRL. His work in defence will be missed. I'm sure we're all hoping it's a minor strain.


Idk how underrated he is. People are starting to notice him.

Fittler is a big fan
 
Twal a big chance for an origin bench spot this year him and Matterson should both get in and Frizell to miss out i think
 
@JoshColeman99 said in [Twal](/post/1166728) said:
We will miss him big time. So upset he got injured. Hopefully Musgrove isn’t bad which would soften the blow

Yea i agree our defence will be lacking without him i reckon.
 
Such a shame,. Not just for the team, but for him personally. He’s just starting to turn heads, and I’d even go as far as saying he’s got the attention of the Origin selectors. The injury could have been worse, but it’s a momentum killer.
 
@GNR4LIFE said in [Twal](/post/1168000) said:
Such a shame,. Not just for the team, but for him personally. He’s just starting to turn heads, and I’d even go as far as saying he’s got the attention of the Origin selectors. The injury could have been worse, but it’s a momentum killer.

Sorry how many weeks
 
I just don't get the lack of info from the club .....if it's bad it won't change the time frame

Its sort of shows the different mindsets ...Manly came out on the front foot ...we seem to be being coy about it
 
@happy_tiger said in [Twal](/post/1168022) said:
I just don't get the lack of info from the club .....if it's bad it won't change the time frame

Its sort of shows the different mindsets ...Manly came out on the front foot ...we seem to be being coy about it

I don't get it either. Even that nrl physio bloke on twitter asked them yesterday when they were thinking of releasing a report on Twal, and they said today.
 
@happy_tiger said in [Twal](/post/1168022) said:
I just don't get the lack of info from the club .....if it's bad it won't change the time frame

Its sort of shows the different mindsets ...Manly came out on the front foot ...we seem to be being coy about it


Maybe he needs more tests? Maybe it needs time to diagnose? Who knows, what difference will it make? None
 
@happy_tiger said in [Twal](/post/1168022) said:
I just don't get the lack of info from the club .....if it's bad it won't change the time frame

Its sort of shows the different mindsets ...Manly came out on the front foot ...we seem to be being coy about it

There will be an injury update today..calm down..
 
@Tiger5150 said in [Twal](/post/1168031) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Twal](/post/1168022) said:
I just don't get the lack of info from the club .....if it's bad it won't change the time frame

Its sort of shows the different mindsets ...Manly came out on the front foot ...we seem to be being coy about it


Maybe he needs more tests? Maybe it needs time to diagnose? Who knows, what difference will it make? None

They can get the results of a scan in 24 hours

Even if a scan is inconclusive and another 24 hours , worst case Tuesday

Why not come out and say if it was inconclusive ...be honest with your fans
 
@Geo said in [Twal](/post/1168033) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Twal](/post/1168022) said:
I just don't get the lack of info from the club .....if it's bad it won't change the time frame

Its sort of shows the different mindsets ...Manly came out on the front foot ...we seem to be being coy about it

There will be an injury update today..calm down..

Fax broken again .....carrier pigeon got avian bird flu ......dog ate Madge's homework
 
There's no rush about knowing what will happen with Twal's injury.

He will be back playing when fit, I don't see the urgency in telling the public (and opposition) that information, the focus should be on best treatment and recovery.

Say you need to recruit a replacement, why tell the opposition (and public) info that will improve their bargaining power?
 
@JD-Tiger said in [Twal](/post/1168039) said:
There's no rush about knowing what will happen with Twal's injury.

He will be back playing when fit, I don't see the urgency in telling the public (and opposition) that information, the focus should be on best treatment and recovery.

Say you need to recruit a replacement, why tell the opposition (and public) info that will improve their bargaining power?

I suppose if we had a balanced squad we wouldn't have to worry
 
If his knee has blown up with mcl damage it needs time to reduce inflammation before extent of damage can be assessed. I know with my knees at different times the orthopedic specialist needed a few days to get inflammation of joints, muscles, tendons etc under control before they could do x-rays and MRIs in any meaningful way. Today in the timeframe since injury sounds about right for a full report.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top