Alex Twal #206

Twal was incredible. He's been really good most season. Sure, doesn't usually get these metres but the way he moves from marker, his dominant tackling: I said it last week, but he's the only one at our club that tackles consistently well. He always runs well too, our only player beside nofo and Joe O who runs onto the ball.

He saved us in so many sets and it was brutal and heartbreaking watching the Parra try caused by lazy mikaele and Musgrove. I can't believe his motor.

Hastings obviously man of the match but twal was absolutely everywhere.

Twal was incredible. He's been really good most season. Sure, doesn't usually get these metres but the way he moves from marker, his dominant tackling: I said it last week, but he's the only one at our club that tackles consistently well. He always runs well too, our only player beside nofo and Joe O who runs onto the ball.

He saved us in so many sets and it was brutal and heartbreaking watching the Parra try caused by lazy mikaele and Musgrove. I can't believe his motor.

I almost fell out of my chair when he passed the ball not once, not twice, but 3 times!

Hastings to put him through a hole off a flat ball for his first career try in 2022!

I almost fell out of my chair when he passed the ball not once, not twice, but 3 times!

Hastings to put him through a hole off a flat ball for his first career try in 2022!

I was yelling at my TV when he had the arm free with Hastings beside him and then he kept running and eventually offloaded the 2nd time round.

Hopefully if Laurie, Simpkin and Hastings can support more around the middle we will see that evolve in his game.

I was yelling at my TV when he had the arm free with Hastings beside him and then he kept running and eventually offloaded the 2nd time round.

Hopefully if Laurie, Simpkin and Hastings can support more around the middle we will see that evolve in his game.
If he adds this he'll play Origin.

And people thought he was at risk of his spot when he didn’t get named in the 2nd trial.

Still too many grab & hold tackles for my liking - and he did miss a bad one late in the 2nd half!

Really needs to locate his shoulders and learn how to bend his back in defence to become an elite forward!!

He is young enough to reinvent his defence & start punishing the opposition!

Cracker of a game Twal.

I would love to see him get an offload into his game.

161 metres today and topped the tackle count
He did actually pass a ball at one stage, he hesitated for a while and then let it go. It's a start and it also helps if someone is there to take the pass/off load.

I'm not a fan of Finucane. I think he is a great middle forward for the right dollars but he is well below forwards like Taumolo or Hass.

If you look at the stats Twal and Finucane appear to be at very similar levels.

It's interesting.

I'm not a fan of Finucane. I think he is a great middle forward for the right dollars but he is well below forwards like Taumolo or Hass.

It's interesting.
You are completely disregarding intangibles

It's interesting.
Pretty graphs Earl..

Back