Alternate off Season Discussions

Halbrowne61

Hi all,
Well here it is , whether it’s food, media, fashion or whatever let’s keep it all here.
Loving the Kebabs chat. I live in Melbourne but coming to Sydney for Xmas.
Have told the wife we are stopping at Auburn on the way in for some of that great food.
And I’m an Irish catholic. Hope they don’t discriminate .
Inshallah ( I learnt that on WTF).

I'm not an auburn whiz but

New Star for chicken kebab plate and
Gaziantep Sweets
As part of my user name suggests, I'm a product of Auburn.

- Auburn Kebab House for anything Pide and kebab related

- Gaziantep Sweets is the bomb > gotta try their kazandibi

And the best kept secret is Jamals falafas on Auburn Rd, near the primary school

I wish I lived closer coz I'd be smashing uber eats every night

And the best kept secret is Jamals falafas on Auburn Rd, near the primary school

Falafel places looks amazing

Auburn was the shopping centre you went to about 45 years ago , haha I lived in Guildford , born and raised , bloody hard area had not much but shopping at Auburn was a treat , Thursday nigh , food shopping then a walk around the other shops , on Bribie island now in QLD and left Sydney years ago , shame it’s still not nice but it does still dish out great food same as Granville

Too many units and people don't wait for their council clean up they just dump their blood stained mattresses... Old prams and broken Ikea crap out front... It was depressing walking around there

Auburn was the shopping centre you went to about 45 years ago , haha I lived in Guildford , born and raised , bloody hard area had not much but shopping at Auburn was a treat , Thursday nigh , food shopping then a walk around the other shops , on Bribie island now in QLD and left Sydney years ago , shame it’s still not nice but it does still dish out great food same as Granville
Guildford not much better lived there for 10 years bought my first place there... Nice quiet street my street but it's attitude and aggro everywhere there now

Is Jamals the little place that's part of a convenience store away from the main drag?

If so 11 out of 10 - the best and I'm not a big falafel eater

Is Jamals the little place that's part of a convenience store away from the main drag?

If so 11 out of 10 - the best and I'm not a big falafel eater
Yes that's the one.

And it use to ne run by this old bloke that threw off Soup Nazi vibes.

Made only one product (Falafal wrap), no smiles BUT the wraps were amazing.

I drove through my old stomping grounds of Granville a few months back. Looks like a slum these days, very depressing looking place.

I drove through my old stomping grounds of Granville a few months back. Looks like a slum these days, very depressing looking place.
It's actually better than it was in the 90s and 00s. Back then you had no reason to visit. Now they've got a few good chicken places.

Ahlan wa sahlan, what a thread lol.
@Halbrowne61 don't go to Auburn, Granville or Lakemba unless you're
looking for an overall experience 😆

Back