Alternate off Season Discussions

I grew up in Cabramatta but moved on further South West in 1980/81. My Mum and Dad lived there to the day they died, both having come here from Poland.

My Mother in Law who is 90 still lives there to this day on her own for the last 20 years since her husband passed away.

Back in the day the Cabramatta/Fairfield area was full of Italians, Poles and many other Europeans that came here to make a better life for themselves after various conflicts in their countries of origin.

The Serbians & Croatians were pretty much lumped together as being Jugoslavian which didn't impress them too much as they were always having punch ups around the place among themselves.

The British Migrant Hostel was next door to Cabramatta High School where I received my secondary education and back at that time was full of British migrants as the name of the Barracks type accommodation would suggest.

The 70's was the start of a totally different migrant intake which once again changed the make up of the area and made it what it is today.

I grew up in Cabramatta but moved on further South West in 1980/81. My Mum and Dad lived there to the day they died, both having come here from Poland.

My Mother in Law who is 90 still lives there to this day on her own for the last 20 years since her husband passed away.

Back in the day the Cabramatta/Fairfield area was full of Italians, Poles and many other Europeans that came here to make a better life for themselves after various conflicts in their countries of origin.

The Serbians & Croatians were pretty much lumped together as being Jugoslavian which didn't impress them too much as they were always having punch ups around the place among themselves.

The British Migrant Hostel was next door to Cabramatta High School where I received my secondary education and back at that time was full of British migrants as the name of the Barracks type accommodation would suggest.

The 70's was the start of a totally different migrant intake which once again changed the make up of the area and made it what it is today.

McBurney road Cabra represent ☝️😆

Not even politicians were safe ay

Couldn't even go Franklins bro ..
You remember that shopping
center? The Vietnamese blew
John Newmans head off, a local
Polly. That's what brought them
undone — the taskforce came heavy
after that and swept up everyone .

Try this thread or the food thread... 😂😂
Or maybe the live game thread when I ask what everyone's having for dinner for the game.

🙌
You can't get any decent Kebabs anywhere in CQ ..they are a disgrace and for $15 ...are you kidding

Reminds me ...don't see many WT's number plates up here ....was at Mater Hospital today someone had a WT's plate

Maybe it was @lethal gurlie ..there's a name from the past ...she worked up at either the Mater or the Rocky Base from memory

Whattttt?! haha
Sunshine Kebabs are easily the best up here ...but that doesn't say much ...my late M-I-L used to work at a Greek fish and chip shop ...they did a good one 25 years ago ......she was an amazing cook ...used to do Coca Cola Pork for Xmas ...wowwwww........I was 84ks when I 1st meet the Mrs ....not anymore lol

Yeah, the MIL told me that back in the day, she'd go from Fairfield to Auburn to shop. Auburn had Venture, Winns, Susanne dress shop, 4 or 5 shoe shops, other dress shops, Mansours, 3 or 4 proper hardware stores, bike shop, health food shop ( before it was trendy ) . .. . heaps of great shops.
Now . . . . well, thank God we have New Star kebabs. Cash only, don't forget !
Surely it can't be long before we hold an informal meeting at New star ?

Yeah mate I was so pissed new star didn’t take cards 😂 I hadn’t been back to the area in about 6 yrs I was deffo due one I even said to my daughter you haven’t had a kebab yet til you’ve tried them. I couldn’t even go to the atm I had the missus card and had no idea what her bloody pin was. Anyways fun times I’m sure I’ll get back down there and I’ll bring my money clip.

Has anyone got a Purple Pickled Turnip recipe? A Kebab shop on the East side of Norton Street back in the day (Pre JV late 80's) used to serve the best Kebabs and Kibbes (The Stuffed Burgel hand grenades)

Gee, Sydney is good but slipping entertainment wise but Melbourne is a hard act to follow for food, bars, clubs pubs ,theater and shopping.

Go down at least a few times a year for above.

Ladies dress better too!

Back