Alternate off Season Discussions

Auburn was the shopping centre you went to about 45 years ago , haha I lived in Guildford , born and raised , bloody hard area had not much but shopping at Auburn was a treat , Thursday nigh , food shopping then a walk around the other shops , on Bribie island now in QLD and left Sydney years ago , shame it’s still not nice but it does still dish out great food same as Granville

My wife grew up in Concord and she still remembers going to Auburn Venture as a kid must have been a shopping Mecca back in the days im talking mid 80's for us.

Ahlan wa sahlan, what a thread lol.
@Halbrowne61 don't go to Auburn, Granville or Lakemba unless you're
looking for an overall experience 😆
Come on brother , I’m an old Sydney boy, been to them all at different times, for different reasons.
Used to stop in( a while ago) at a little shop in an Auburn side street that made and sold baklava and bread. Don’t know the name.
It was very tasty though.
I eat kebabs occasionally down here but they play havoc with my old tummy.
Will just pack my hard hat and nail gun for protection when I visit.

Auburn really is a pig sty, my ex lives there... The council really let it go to the crapper
I lived in Auburn until i was 28. The place was still pretty much 100% anglo saxon when i left. My mum and dad spent the rest of their lives their. I'm glad i got out when i did - but then i'm glad i got out of sydney not just auburn. i like going back for short stays but couldn't live there. my 2 brothers are board members of the soccer club so its always good to get back for a few beers and although i wouldn't live there anymore i absolutely love the food there these days.

Come on brother , I’m an old Sydney boy, been to them all at different times, for different reasons.
Used to stop in( a while ago) at a little shop in an Auburn side street that made and sold baklava and bread. Don’t know the name.
It was very tasty though.
I eat kebabs occasionally down here but they play havoc with my old tummy.
Will just pack my hard hat and nail gun for protection when I visit.

Haha. Love it brother 🏋🏽

I lived in Auburn until i was 28. The place was still pretty much 100% anglo saxon when i left. My mum and dad spent the rest of their lives their. I'm glad i got out when i did - but then i'm glad i got out of sydney not just auburn. i like going back for short stays but couldn't live there. my 2 brothers are board members of the soccer club so its always good to get back for a few beers and although i wouldn't live there anymore i absolutely love the food there these days.

What year was that, 1964? Lol.
Auburn has changed so much..
The adjacent areas too, like Berala
and Lidcombe. Don't see a lot of
Anglos there anymore that's 4 sure.
Still a stronghold area though, as
you noted good people great food

My wife grew up in Concord and she still remembers going to Auburn Venture as a kid must have been a shopping Mecca back in the days im talking mid 80's for us.
Yeah, the MIL told me that back in the day, she'd go from Fairfield to Auburn to shop. Auburn had Venture, Winns, Susanne dress shop, 4 or 5 shoe shops, other dress shops, Mansours, 3 or 4 proper hardware stores, bike shop, health food shop ( before it was trendy ) . .. . heaps of great shops.
Now . . . . well, thank God we have New Star kebabs. Cash only, don't forget !
Surely it can't be long before we hold an informal meeting at New star ?

What year was that, 1964? Lol.
Auburn has changed so much..
The adjacent areas too, like Berala
and Lidcombe. Don't see a lot of
Anglos there anymore that's 4 sure.
Still a stronghold area though, as
you noted good people great food
100% Kaito, but so many area's the same.
Hurstville was far more Anglo than Berala. (you can't read any signs on a shop now)
So was Eastwood. Condell park. Padstow. Revesby.

I've been hearing a lot about Big Tech lately, but it's been over 60 years since I watched Playschool. Does anyone know why he's trending? 🥃 :oops::ROFLMAO:

As a young person who still lives in Auburn I actually don’t think it’s that bad 😂😂 If you go looking for trouble you’ll find it. But if you keep your nose clean then it’s really not that bad hahaha

Where u now?

As a young person who still lives in Auburn I actually don’t think it’s that bad 😂😂 If you go looking for trouble you’ll find it. But if you keep your nose clean then it’s really not that bad hahaha

💯 bit of culture won't harm anyone

ink I was in Willoughby street Guildford , spent 21 years there mu old mum was born in the house as her dad mu pop built it , it’s still there and over 100 years old now but not a great street like it was

Members online

Back