Another Quick Forum Update

@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509891) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509744) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509736) said:
@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509716) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509238) said:
So the question to the forum would be is that now acceptable…?

The actual question is - is someone actually asking the rest of us what should be acceptable, or is kul just making the decision alone?

Well we have asked that of @kul and have had no response… so as it appears it’s up to the community.. I’m asking what is now acceptable and what is not.. as in what goes and what doesn’t…?

**No** racist
**No** hom*phobic slurs
**No** doxing
If we are worried that a 3 year old tigers fan may stumble on the site, add some *** to naughty words if you must but that's naïve.

Topics are a rough guide but a thread is allowed to play out.

Mods are to enforce the No's above, not their opinions.

What’s doxing ? Is that revealing people’s real names ?

My name is Robert Paulson

@mike pretty much perfectly re wrote the guide lines....

Use common sense and we don't need mods other than a last line of defence to clean up the garbage.

🔥

This thread has been very exciting.
Lots of emotion.
Surely it's ran its course 😂

Wests Tigers forum'ers:
Get on the bus 🚌

... show your stripes 🐯

@hobbo1 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509919) said:
My name is Mike Hunt

Has anyone seen...............................................

@magpies1963 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509896) said:
@mike said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509845) said:
@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509738) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509736) said:
@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509716) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509238) said:
So the question to the forum would be is that now acceptable…?

The actual question is - is someone actually asking the rest of us what should be acceptable, or is kul just making the decision alone?

Well we have asked that of @kul and have had no response… so as it appears it’s up to the community.. I’m asking what is now acceptable and what is not.. as in what goes and what doesn’t…?

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting
? threats of violence towards users

Pretty simple.

I’ll add a few..

? Objectification of women or other genders
? Bullying, harassment, insulting or personal attacks
? Posting of copyright or licensed material without permission
? Spam or advertising
? Flaming (similar to bullying)
? Shotgun posting (same question across several threads)
? No hijacking of threads attempting to change the focus of the thread
? Illegal activity or discussion of illegal activity
? Sexual content or nudity
? Hacking the site, malware or exploits
? Multiple usernames (sockpuppets)
? SHOUTING
? Threaten lawsuits or other legal action
? Hate speech or discrimination
? Gratuitously violent content
? Gratuitous swearing, it’s a family and inclusive site (or at least it should be)

Congratulations @mike The best post so far by 100 miles.
If Mike was to become a Mod on Wests Tigers Forum, I am absolutely certain he would lead us down the rite path to becoming "a Family and inclusive site" with no need for 'should be'.

Great Post Mike. When can we institute this policy :grinning: and start banning offenders?

Noticed my last log into this site was 2018. I stood down as a mod and removed myself from this site back then. I found myself losing patience with style of posting from many users to the point I let loose one day which led to me pulling the pin. That meltdown (embarrassing meltdown), was a result of built up angst in relation to many things. Removing myself from posting was the best thing I've done. Now that says it all really, and IMO shows the forum has been going downhill for years. I have since visited the forum as a guest to check in on any possible rumours, and nothing has inspired me to get back into posting regularly, its sad.

Now I believe there isn't any singular reason for this downward spiral of the forum, and it will be near impossible to turn around as a result.

The removal of Willow and cochise is an interesting move. Cochise wasn't a mod back when I was, so from a casual viewpoint, his style of moderating didn't seem to be issue to me. Repeating his opinions way too much was annoying, but that's hardly an issue.

Willow is without doubt the hardest working mod. Was his style the right way to go? Not my cup of tea to be honest. I certainly see why many would be happy he is gone. It will be interesting to see if his hard work will be missed. While I don't agree with how Willow would use his power in certain circumstances, I admire the work he put in and how he wanted this place to be.

Most long term users appear to be of the same opinion that the forum is nothing compared to what it used to be.

How to fix it? Wish I knew.

@king_sirro said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509938) said:
Noticed my last log into this site was 2018. I stood down as a mod and removed myself from this site back then. I found myself losing patience with style of posting from many users to the point I let loose one day which led to me pulling the pin. That meltdown (embarrassing meltdown), was a result of built up angst in relation to many things. Removing myself from posting was the best thing I've done. Now that says it all really, and IMO shows the forum has been going downhill for years. I have since visited the forum as a guest to check in on any possible rumours, and nothing has inspired me to get back into posting regularly, its sad.

Now I believe there isn't any singular reason for this downward spiral of the forum, and it will be near impossible to turn around as a result.

The removal of Willow and cochise is an interesting move. Cochise wasn't a mod back when I was, so from a casual viewpoint, his style of moderating didn't seem to be issue to me. Repeating his opinions way too much was annoying, but that's hardly an issue.

Willow is without doubt the hardest working mod. Was his style the right way to go? Not my cup of tea to be honest. I certainly see why many would be happy he is gone. It will be interesting to see if his hard work will be missed. While I don't agree with how Willow would use his power in certain circumstances, I admire the work he put in and how he wanted this place to be.

Most long term users appear to be of the same opinion that the forum is nothing compared to what it used to be.

How to fix it? Wish I knew.

Welcome back mate.
Hopefully you continue posting.

Just read the melt down.
Wouldn't even call it that.

100% right about Packer too 🔥

@madgestays said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509941) said:
UP THE TIGERS! Madge will take us to the eight lets give him one last chance before crucifying him.

Wrong thread but it looks like that's the plan, my G.
If he has a good year he will even see some real magic in 2023 with an overhauled roster.

🐯

Looks like someone's having a schizoid embalism...
Hope they can get to de chopper and make it to Mars.

If Willow was still here, these posts would've been deleted already

@tig_prmz said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509969) said:
If Willow was still here, these posts would've been deleted already

That’s not a bad thing

How convenient. A “random” person joins the thread about mods being punted unfairly and the other mods let the language stay up.

It’s almost like it was planned to prove a point. Hopefully @kul can see through this rubbish.

@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509975) said:
How convenient. A “random” person joins the thread about mods being punted unfairly and the other mods let the language stay up.

It’s almost like it was planned to prove a point. Hopefully @kul can see through this rubbish.

Sorry just logged on..both gone and banned..

Someone had tho be 1st..

@hobbo1 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509985) said:
This place is a disgrace

No Hobbo,

Thise 2 new idiots were a disgrace. Not intelligent or impressive at all.

Will ID them by their cyber footprint as they are not new to this forum.

@spartan117 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509989) said:
This place is a disgrace

No Hobbo,

Name and shame

@viking-warrior said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509992) said:
@spartan117 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509989) said:
This place is a disgrace

No Hobbo,

Name and shame

My money is on the charmer who spammed 100 threads with the c word

Latest posts

Back