Apisai Koroisau #263

@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515778) said:
@sparci said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515777) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515773) said:
@sparci said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515772) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515759) said:
Wouldn't get too attached to anyone...

Logen Dillon Daine Laurie
Bray Guyan Peachy
Scolari Nofo
Tannous Brooks
Abjoul Api, Liddle, Simmo

All on borrowed time.

Who the heck is anjol? What makes you think such an undocumented player is better than even liddle?

Jaycob Anjoul.
The next Robbie Farah.

Could be the next licha

Still better than Liddle...

Lichaa was forced into retirement at 26 because no club wanted him. Liddle still gets NRL contracts after multiple injuries.

@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515771) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515768) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515765) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515764) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515759) said:

Bray Guyan Peachy
Scolari Nofo
Tannous Brooks

All on borrowed time.

Got news for you mate. Not all of these players you are hanging your hat on will take the next step.

Oh damm... more Jacob Liddles and Nofoaumas are they?

25 and 27 year olds that show nothing above average ability on the field but we have to put up with them being named for so long !?

Shame.

It’s got nothing to do with Liddle and Noffa. The law of averages says that there will be at least a couple of these players who don’t come on.

Laws are meant to be broken.

There's a promising bunch coming through that are just as good as the Penrith bunch we're seeing play back to back grand finals right now.

Agree @Demps we have a great crop of juniors coming through. We will see some of them play first grade this season no doubt. 2023 will be the rise of the tiger

@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515778) said:
@sparci said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515777) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515773) said:
@sparci said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515772) said:

Bray Guyan Peachy
Scolari Nofo
Tannous Brooks

All on borrowed time.

Who the heck is anjol? What makes you think such an undocumented player is better than even liddle?

Jaycob Anjoul.
The next Robbie Farah.

Could be the next licha

Still better than Liddle...

Lichaa was rubbish even Dessie didn't want him at the end

Again, happy with the Koroisau signing, still see Liddle as easily next best and have concerns over Simpkin living up to the hype, just as Jacob has struggled to do, though injuries also played their part.

For mine Api's contract finishing up in October 2025 shows a lack of confidence in both current options long term and puts Rua and similar others as next in line.

Reckon that Tannous is going to be a nine as well and don't know enough about Anjoul to comment on, apart from deducting about 50% of expectations when allowing for the Lebanese love in factor. Not meant as a criticism, rather recognition of bias that we all have to varying degrees.

@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515766) said:
Liddle and simpkim are tearing this forum appart 🙄

Wish they were tearing opposing teams apart out on the field.

@formerguest said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515784) said:
Again, happy with the Koroisau signing, still see Liddle as easily next best and have concerns over Simpkin living up to the hype, just as Jacob has struggled to do, though injuries also played their part.

For mine Api's contract finishing up in October 2025 shows a lack of confidence in both current options long term and puts Rua and similar others as next in line.

Reckon that Tannous is going to be a nine as well and don't know enough about Anjoul to comment on, apart from deducting about 50% of expectations when allowing for the Lebanese love in factor. Not meant as a criticism, rather recognition of bias that we all have to varying degrees.

API contract may finish in 2024, year 3 is an option

@hank37w said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515785) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515766) said:
Liddle and simpkim are tearing this forum appart ?

That's the problem I think

@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515771) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515768) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515765) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515764) said:

Bray Guyan Peachy
Scolari Nofo
Tannous Brooks

All on borrowed time.

Got news for you mate. Not all of these players you are hanging your hat on will take the next step.

Oh damm... more Jacob Liddles and Nofoaumas are they?

25 and 27 year olds that show nothing above average ability on the field but we have to put up with them being named for so long !?

Shame.

It’s got nothing to do with Liddle and Noffa. The law of averages says that there will be at least a couple of these players who don’t come on.

Laws are meant to be broken.

There's a promising bunch coming through that are just as good as the Penrith bunch we're seeing play back to back grand finals right now.

If we stuck to laws we sure as he'll would not have won the 2005 Premiership

@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515789) said:
@hank37w said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515785) said:

If Liddle has been told he’s not in future plans then what does that say about Simpkin when they’ve both been offered to Panthers to get Api here ASAP?
We will need one of them to cover for the games Api can’t play due to vax restrictions.

@twentyforty said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515808) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515789) said:

If Liddle has been told he’s not in future plans then what does that say about Simpkin when they’ve both been offered to Panthers to get Api here ASAP?

Means a journo didn't think a story about us offering only Liddle for a swap would generate enough clicks so they either added Simpkin and Blores names themselves as extra bait. Or they're partial to the Panthers and wanted to write a puff piece about how great they are and how desperate the Tigers are.

@twentyforty said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515808) said:

We will need one of them to cover for the games Api can’t play due to vax restrictions.

Api has had 1 dose of the vaccine he’ll be vaccinated by the time he gets here as for Liddle and Simpkin only one would have been offered and that’s Liddle if Simpkin was brought up it would have been by Panthers but they just tell the media that we did and the media believe it or they just don’t question the sources since its the Tigers there’s always some BS story reported about us every few weeks

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515812) said:

Api has had 1 dose of the vaccine he’ll be vaccinated by the time he gets here as for Liddle and Simpkin only one would have been offered and that’s Liddle if Simpkin was brought up it would have been by Panthers but they just tell the media that we did and the media believe it or they just don’t question the sources since its the Tigers there’s always some BS story reported about us every few weeks

Again, saying it like it’s fact.

@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515812) said:

It’s something I think Sheens would do to add interest to the deal and alter the course of logical thought? Rather than make a judgement call on these two offer up the choice to Panthers? It’s an option filled offer with a twist. Panthers are now considering who is the better 9? Lids or Jake? This thought process takes them a step closer in the right direction.
When I think of all the players we missed due to our lack of creativity at the table..jeesh! Why couldn’t we get Sheens and Mcdonell here earlier?

If we lose Simpkin to the Panthers... I'll legit hate these two signings big time.

I highly doubt this is true.

@djg-tiger said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515818) said:
If we lose Simpkin to the Panthers... I'll legit hate these two signings big time.

Hahaha, Theyre defending a title. They wont go into a season without an experienced 9. LOL

Bray Guyan Peachy
Scolari Nofo
Tannous Brooks

All on borrowed time.

Ah the constant stream of 21 year olds being moved on once they gain some experience.

We have had plenty of next big things over the years (my personal favs were Marsters & Liolavave) that have not amounted to much.

A true recipe for success.

@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515769) said:
@turtleryan04 knows the Liddle family and informed us that both Jacob and his father don't like Madge...

Not surprised given what was on display in the tales doco.

Unless he is just the stool pigeon, expect further deterioration next year. It was obvious that he had lost the playing group.

Liddle and Brooks have been mentioned, there is half our spine. A 3rd member was out celebrating a Penrith premiership. Hardly inspires confidence that this will be the season we turn things around.

@lauren said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515836) said:
@glenji95 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515715) said:
@paul-wright said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515711) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515690) said:
@roar_power said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515689) said:
@demps said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515685) said:
Interesting Tiger offered, Liddell, Simpkin or Blore to the Panthers and all got knocked back.

Makes ya wonder who actually is in the plans going forward?

Maybe it's an Api, Anjoul, Rua plan....

Simpkin and Blore? Where did you hear that. Surprised me, particularly Shawn….

Article

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-transfer-news-north-queensland-cowboys-bid-to-sign-wests-tigers-luciano-leilua-for-2022/news-story/d8e543bfb94be3dae33397c2bffb4c4d

It is in the Telecrap so i would not put too much credibilty in the article.

Especially when Richie writes the article

And they call the WTs toxic. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Dean Ritchie being sued for libel - at least once in his career - for his hack journalism. He seems nothing but a sensationalist puppet to me.

The news isn’t what it was when I was a paper boy calling out the headlines from front and back pages lol
It doesn’t bother me that many occupations have had to adjust their methods to suit changing circumstances. I doubt they are paid very much?

@leichardt61 said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau for 2023](/post/1515811) said:

Means a journo didn't think a story about us offering only Liddle for a swap would generate enough clicks so they either added Simpkin and Blores names themselves as extra bait. Or they're partial to the Panthers and wanted to write a puff piece about how great they are and how desperate the Tigers are.

Exactly bro

Latest posts

Members online

Back