Apisai Koroisau #263

Api is an established goal kicker, did you know that!
He's kicked 33 goals for Fiji and 7 goals in NRL.
Kicking average best is a whopping 57.14%
Second thoughts Api, leave your kicking tee at home brother šŸ¤£šŸ¤œšŸ¤›

Everything Api Thread !

ā€˜Wouldnā€™t Want to Back outā€™: Koroisau to honour Tigers deal despite horror loss​

The Wests Tigers have enjoyed a rare win with Panthers star Api Koroisau confirming there is zero chance of him reneging on his deal to move to Concord in spite of the clubā€™s record breaking loss on the weekend.

ā€œItā€™s all good for me. Iā€™ve made my peace and committed to the decision so I wouldnā€™t want to back out anyway,ā€ Koroisua told the NCA NewsWire.

ā€œI didnā€™t even see what happened on Saturday.

ā€œHonestly, until I get there next year, I wonā€™t be thinking about them too much. It is what it is on the field and theyā€™re obviously having a bit of trouble on the field at the moment, but Iā€™ll worry about that when I get there.ā€

A lot has changed at the club since Koroisau signed with the Tigers, but the crafty hooker revealed he hasnā€™t spoken with incoming coach Tim Sheens since Michael Maguire was punted a few months ago.

ā€œHe did call me when Michael Maguire got sacked, but nothing since,ā€ he said.

ā€œThatā€™s fine by me because Iā€™m more than happy to focus on what Iā€™ve got going on here. I understand that Iā€™ve got a role to play here before anything else.ā€

While Koroisau is happy to help the embattled club, fellow big recruit Isaiah Papaliā€™i has cold feet ahead of his move from the Eels.

ā€œI havenā€™t spoken with Isaiah,ā€ he said.

ā€œI understand his position. Heā€™s a young guy who is trying to make career moves now so I can see where heā€™s coming from.ā€

Working with younger players is something Koroisau looks forward to after helping take Penrithā€™s talented rookies and turning the side into a premiership force.

Itā€™s a challenge heā€™ll face at the Tigers, but he says he doesnā€™t need the captaincy to be a good elder.

ā€œThat doesnā€™t bother me,ā€ he said.

ā€œI get that itā€™s a big opportunity and can be a huge achievement for some people, but itā€™s not at the forefront of my mind to have that role.

ā€œIā€™m at a point in my career where Iā€™m not trying to do much. Iā€™m going there to do a job and be a leader, and I think I can do that at the Tigers. I think I can help out there and I enjoy that challenge.ā€

And thatā€™s how itā€™s doneā€¦ Already becoming a favourite.
Exactly how it should be done.

I also notice on Wests Tigers news that Sheens made comment on the loss in the DT.
Has anyone got that article they can post ?
Assume it must have been today.
Plus saw AD getting abused by Tiger fans as he left the ground on Saturday night.

Lost a bit of faith in Api with the Origin shenanigans last year, but this shows that when it comes down to it he is a pretty honourable guy and you've got to like that.

I'm pretty sure he is going to be a crowd favourite here.

Lost a bit of faith in Api with the Origin shenanigans last year, but this shows that when it comes down to it he is a pretty honourable guy and you've got to like that.

I'm pretty sure he is going to be a crowd favourite here.
What I like is that he is happy to come and help.
Thatā€™s exactly what you want from your experienced new recruit.
Now if the Parra guy can be more positive he will be a big hit too.

Funny how things can turn really quickly, it was only a few weeks ago Pain in the Ass was getting booed by Bronco fans every time he touched the ball and now they love him again.

What a champion.

Hoping Api teaches our lads about pressure and how to compete for the full 80.

Too often we fall asleep at the wheel and let the games slip away from us.

Api is a winner and has always been a force at the clubs he's been at, pushing for success. He's up against it at the tigers but hopefully he elevates & uplifts like the true leader he is.

We need him badly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back