Appointment of Scott Fulton to Wests Tigers

Crap on!! Don't let facts get in the way of a good one-eyed diatribe!!

Why not do some research instead of reading ignorant crap from an echo chamber??

View attachment 5356

That is his entire UK career - 2 clubs in 3.5 years after getting sacked by us in 2012-13 off-season!!

He did not get sacked by Widnes in 2020 - finishing with 5 wins from 7 games before the comp was suspended for COVID.

In 2010 and 2011 he took us within a game of the GF - so his record for reaching finals in his past 6 complete seasons when he has held a head coach role prior to 2023 is in fact THREE finals appearances (Tigers - 2010, 2011) and (Hull KR - 2017) and three seasons with no finals (2012, 2018 and 2019).

Do some book reading....
Take your anger pills Snidest?

8 games that were 0/8.

I can only think of the Broncos sticking with Siebold or the Sharks with Ricky's last term (In Fairness to Ricky, Greg Bird was banned, a key SOO prop broke his neck and half the team was traded out to keep the players they had).

The appointment of Scott Fulton is a massive middle finger to Sheens and he rightly deserves it. No more "you will build your own team your way". 100% right decision from the board and I hope this means we can sign some big names. Suspects:
2x Tre*** (it would be a massive coup, but Issac Moses is running Manly).
Shulster or whatever his name is.
A lost bronco that brisbane cannot keep.
Gutho.

Lets see who we can bring.
My interpretation of this is more around the non-signing of Mitch Moses and a couple of others. The Board may have been led to believe that Moses was “in the bag” only for him to walk away.

Given Warren McDonnell’s history with the club, he seems to be a captains pick by Tim Sheens and he was given some grace (potentially as part of his sign on). The Board were misled or dissatisfied with the outcome and acted.

For mine, the interesting part is the McDonnell was not moved on. Instead he was given a lesser role. This was done to appease Tim Sheens. Note: they have added to their bottom line costs to achieve this which indicates an olive branch approach.

My interpretation of this is more around the non-signing of Mitch Moses and a couple of others. The Board may have been led to believe that Moses was “in the bag” only for him to walk away.

Given Warren McDonnell’s history with the club, he seems to be a captains pick by Tim Sheens and he was given some grace (potentially as part of his sign on). The Board were misled or dissatisfied with the outcome and acted.

For mine, the interesting part is the McDonnell was not moved on. Instead he was given a lesser role. This was done to appease Tim Sheens. Note: they have added to their bottom line costs to achieve this which indicates an olive branch approach.
McDonnell is good with juniors imo.

Sea Eagles stars fair game in Tiger hunt, says Fulton​

Danny Weidler

ByDanny Weidler

May 7, 2023 — 5.30am

New Wests Tigers recruitment chief Scott Fulton says he won’t be motivated by spite when trying to secure players from the roster he built at Manly – but a lifelong association with the club won’t stand in his way either.
Fulton, the son of club legend and league Immortal Bob Fulton, helped create a highly successful junior pathway between western Sydney and Manly, but the Sea Eagles are now moving in another direction and Fulton knew it.
“Just because of the way things were headed at Manly, I knew it was time to move on, how they were treating my family, but I’m not motivated by that or by the need to be vindictive,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they are off limits either. If there is a good player there who is going to make the Wests Tigers better, then I’ll go for them. It’s not hands off.”
And Scott says his late dad Bob would have no problem with him leaving Manly for his new club.
“I’d have had his blessing for sure, given the way things were being done at Manly,” Fulton said. “I’d know he’d be happy with the move. He has a great association with so many old Tigers, like Blocker [Steve Roach], Siro [Paul Sironen] and Benny [Ben Elias], and from the Wests side of things Tommy [Raudonikis]. I’ve also got a strong association with the west from everything we set up at Manly, and I’m delighted to be at a club which has so much potential.
“I couldn’t have been more impressed with Lee [Hagipantelis, Tigers chairman] and Justin [Pascoe, Tigers chief executive] in my negotiations and they have a very exciting vision for the way this club is going to go.
“[Tigers coach] Tim Sheens was a good friend of Dad’s and [assistant coach] Benji [Marshall] will be just great to work with.”
The key area the Tigers need to sort out is what to do with halfback Luke Brooks. He is being shopped around the NRL and overseas, and a new club is what he needs. Fulton knows that finding a settled halves combination is vital for the club’s future – and he has already made the running on luring Warriors half Shaun Johnson back to Sydney.
“Yes, we need to look at the halves – you don’t need to be Albert Einstein to establish that,” he said. “Luke Brooks is a good player and he has copped so much, too much crap over the years.
“I’ll listen to Tim and Benji on him and then give them my view on him.”
The Johnson approach says it all, however. Fulton isn’t one for making outrageous predictions.
“I think in a year or two we will have some real positives,” he said. “There is so much to be excited about at this club. We need to get the most out of the nursery and ensure the pathways are strong and bringing us the best talent.”
The pathways will fall to Warren McDonnell, who has been shifted to make way for Fulton. “I’m looking forward to working well with Warren and everyone else who has the club at heart,” Fulton said.
He says the right things. Now we wait to see his first few recruitment moves and if it backs up what he is saying. Hopefully this is the next step forward for us!

You could well be right with your interpretation.

My thought would be that if anyone at the club genuinely thought Moses was going to return to WT they were deluded.

I would also assume that with Sheenius now playing coach he would have significantly less time to focus on recruitment than he would have as head of football.

For this reason the Fulton appointment also makes sense.

Is it possible Shaun Johnson is a subterfuge and the real target is DCE?
I would deadset loose my lollies over DCE or Hunt for couple of years. Usually I hate the retirement fund signing but those two would straighten the ship while we go hard for the next star 7. We have the pack and the backs would look like immortals running off DCE or Hunt.

Nah the Fulton's were the ones to force des out, it's one of the reasons him coming to us is so random

Manly got rid of des for the Fulton's but got rid of them less than half a year later, got rid of foran for schuster and now it look like they are showing him the door, they are making us look like a well run club
How long before they get rid of Seibold?

I would deadset loose my lollies over DCE or Hunt for couple of years. Usually I hate the retirement fund signing but those two would straighten the ship while we go hard for the next star 7. We have the pack and the backs would look like immortals running off DCE or Hunt.
He was a Bob Fulton recruitment.

Back