Are you happy with the Mitch Brown signing?

@Rare Tiger said:
Tupou–- 80k '010
Daniela--- 150k '010
Brown--- 80k '010

Tupou could be a good signing if he's fit...

Daniela is good...

I don't know why the hell we would sign Brown...

Cronulla have a shortage of good backs and i don't know why they'd let the good ones go?

Are you pulling figures out of the air here or were you actually negotiating the salary for these blokes?

Regarding Brown, I'm lukewarm. Haven't really seen him go around but he's pretty young, has decent size and could end up improving a bit at the Tigers. I'll reserve judgement until next season gets underway.

thats the difference with a good buy. he's already a star. there is no judgment. there is no 2 minds. either he's got it or he dont. pretty simple.

I think he'll be a good aquisition.

He's versitile, big (bigger than Mongahan), fast and young, add to the fact he's already played 35 odd first grade games.

He averaged 130m per game for the Sharks last year too.

While yes, we probably didn't _need_ him, I think he, as a player, is a good signing.

Considering there is a chance Tupou may never regain full fitness or even play with us next year, I think it's a good move. I'd prefer him in the team over Ryan any day!

I love it when a fan starts stating how much a player is on. How on earth do u know what these 3 players are getting Rare Tiger?

And if by some fluke u are right, 80k for Brown will seem like an absolute bargain by the end of 2010\. He's a great depth signing.

No, I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

However, in the sharks forum there's a 15 page thread about him, I doubt there would be that much interest if he was a complete nuffy.

@weststigerman said:
No, I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

However, in the sharks forum there's a 15 page thread about him, I doubt there would be that much interest if he was a complete nuffy.

Mitch Brown is a local Junior. A lot of Sharks fans dont like it when locals are released.

I dont have nothing against him personally, I wish him all the best when he arrives and welcome him, but a couple of months back Tim Sheens was on 2SM and said we didn't have the money to spend up to the full cap thats why we cant recruit well (rubbish). So when we do spend some coin on a position we already have covered I get very upset. There are quality players on the market, the cash $80k or $100k that may be going to Brown should be put aside for a sizeable offer to guys like Matt Scott .

That is what I am saying.

Seems to me reading the sharkks fans comments hes somewhat a victim of politics…who knows.

The more I think about the more that de silva poster ( sorry forgot your whole name) may be on the money, Moltzen 7 Brown 1 Daniella 2 Tuiaki 5 with Blake n chris centers and benji 6

@king sirro said:
I love it when a fan starts stating how much a player is on. How on earth do u know what these 3 players are getting Rare Tiger?

And if by some fluke u are right, 80k for Brown will seem like an absolute bargain by the end of 2010\. He's a great depth signing.

My estimates are rough….

I was just thinking it's a big risk to sign an injury prone wing and, a reserve grader ( Brown).

I'm happy with the signing of Daniela.

A good depth signing….the kid can play....he is no super star but i like the signing as he covers all 3 backline positions.
Now if we could get a decent prop like Matt Scott that would be good.

@Chipofftheoldblock said:
A good depth signing….the kid can play....he is no super star but i like the signing as **he covers all 3 backline positions.**
Now if we could get a decent prop like Matt Scott that would be good.

Is this what we need though?
Seems to me weve had players playing all over the place the last few seasons….we havent had a settled team for a long time, musical chairs

Cronulla Forum has really mixed feelings about it.

Some of them are spewing, others are very happy he's gone.

I rate Mitch Brown as a player, and as a more or less direct swap for Collis, he is a better player. I can see him starting as fullback

Brown's strength is that he runs/returns strong and at speed ! He runs good lines, direct and uses late footwork.

@jasetiger said:
I rate Mitch Brown as a player, and as a more or less direct swap for Collis, he is a better player. I can see him starting as fullback

Brown's strength is that he runs/returns strong and at speed ! He runs good lines, direct and uses late footwork.

Better player than Collis…. :laughing:

After reflection I rate it as an individual signing.

However at this stage I don't see the sense of the signing in the great scheme of things. That may change after our recruitment is buttoned up however.

But as a signing on it's lonesome I am pretty happy

@Rare Tiger said:
@jasetiger said:

Better player than Collis…. :laughing:

Don't know why you're laughing at that. Collis has spent more time on the sidelines than he has on the field over the last 2 years and when he has been on the field, he's been ordinary.

Back