Staff member
Forum Leader
Get that up ya you Pommy nuffies….

Katich TON
Ponting...150
Clarke 73 not
North..54 not

2 for 464 rain delay...Where esle but England in Summer :unamused:

We're definitely giving them some stick at the moment.

They should have come off earlier and we wouldn't have lost clarke.

We are really looking good.

Hussey the only player who really missed out, and he was coming off the back of a 100, so it looks as though our batting is up to scratch.

Hopefully we can establish a good lead and then get some early wickets.

Im worried that the weather is going to decide the outcome.
If the weather is fine for the last 2 days then we will make up for the lost 2 hours, but its expected to rain tonight, so we'll probably lose more time and only make up an hour on the last day.

Still, if we get a fair amount of play tonight and get a lead of 250-300 by stumps, then all this talk about England bowling last will mean nothing because it'll be us bowling last with only an Aussie victory or a draw possible.

At least England is near no chance of winning this match

Yeah it appears the worst outcome for us is a draw, which given the likely 5th day pitch condition won't be a bad thing, but we can still win this!

Unfortunately looks like rain is going to ruin a win for us in the first test :frowning:

Very happy with Ponting & Katich's innings though, Ponting looks primed, hes never won a series as captain in England and I'm confident this series could be his first.

:astonished: Ha and some people wanted him sacked after India…

Redemption for Katich as well...great to see...

Clarke will score a pile of runs in this series...I know your a betting man Z...get on mate

As a neutral the last two days comfirmed to me what i thought for a while. While people talk about Lara and Tendulkar I actually rate Pointing higher. or at least enjoy watching him bat more. Pure class. It was also good to see Flintoff get tapped around the park. Pure ego, someone should remind him he has only had one great series 05 and plenty of average ones. Actually he's the WT of international cricket. One great year plenty of promise but not much else

@Geo. said:
:astonished: Ha and some people wanted him sacked after India…

I was one that wanted him gone, and i still feel like that when he puts 4 fieldsman on the boundary.

But batting is the thing that comes naturally to him and i think he'll have a big series, i think we'll see some more hundreds from him this series.

When McGrath said a 5-0 win to Australia I thought, McGrath you goose. With their crap weather we might get 4 wins if we're lucky before rain and bad light turn the matches into 4-day games.

@Allan Towle said:
When McGrath said a 5-0 win to Australia I thought, McGrath you goose. With their crap weather we might get 4 wins if we're lucky before rain and bad light turn the matches into 4-day games.

Yeah I'm Thinking 2-0 with rain/bad light/slow over rates causing draws in the other three.

England will be lucky it is 0-0 after this one and they will know it watcj for defensiveness from the start of the lords test that will follow into the rest of the series. Losing convincingly is their greatest fear because they still beleive that 2005 for lucjk not talent.

I wouldn't write this one off yet guys. Only eight more wickets. Infact if you get KP and collingwood in the first session it should be all over. If you didn't see Haddin bat watch the highlights brilliant.

There isn't ment to be any rain for the rest of the match now so it's looking like an Aussie win. :smiley:

Do you know what is sad about England? They refer to 2005 more than the officials of this club and I didn't think I would ever see that.

@Allan Towle said:
Pietersen has just lost his off stump very early leaving a Hilfenhaus ball. Things are looking good.

:smiling_imp: Hilfy done KP all ends up…beautiful to watch.

Back