Ask The Boss Segment

Just watched the latest ASK THE BOSS. I know this might be a controversial statement, but I think I actually like Justin Pascoe. Has a great rapport with his staff and players, even takes the piss a bit (when he straightfaced asked Luke Brook how he got someone to marry him) but also can be focused when needed.

I think his casual demeanor might rub some people the wrong way but I like it. And I feel it masks a pretty savvy operator (financially we've never been this good).

Just watched the latest ASK THE BOSS. I know this might be a controversial statement, but I think I actually like Justin Pascoe. Has a great rapport with his staff and players, even takes the piss a bit (when he straightfaced asked Luke Brook how he got someone to marry him) but also can be focused when needed.

I think his casual demeanor might rub some people the wrong way but I like it. And I feel it masks a pretty savvy operator (financially we've never been this good).
Was strange how often Brooks referenced his papers to answer questions. Was like he didn't know how without a prompt.

Was strange how often Brooks referenced his papers to answer questions. Was like he didn't know how without a prompt.

It was quite bad hey, reflective of
his lack of communication skills.
He had the whole night to go over
the very simple questions haha.
Some posters on here see him as
a captain, it's a scary thought tbh.
He was asked what he was trying
to improve with his game and he
said the same thing he always says,
run the ball more. Tbh I would have
really appreciated a bit more
honesty, like, organising the guys,
being more vocal, working on my
kicks etc. Was a lot of the same old
same from Brooksy. Look forward to
how he goes this year, huge year 4 him,
I'm backing him, let's see how he goes

Like that brooks was a fan and likes the club and believe all that to be very genuine as well as his desire to see the club do better.

However, I think his goal for the year of 'just having fun' and enjoying it more and his assessment of what he did wrong in the past 10 years being that he was just too content being a first grader pretty much sums his play up. Just doesn't seem like a player who has much drive or cutthroat in him and doesn't feel like he is in to struggle or difficulty. I can see why he and many others have thought he needs a change, he needs a shake up.

And that all sounds critical so I just want to acknowledge that for a long time he's been an excellent and eager defender who always puts his body on the line.

Some take aways:
- Api highlighted just how hard Justin Matamua and Junior Tupou are working to break into the side
- Api is a big fan of Josh Feledy and his ability
- Api has already formed a bond with Jordan Miller, who is also of Fijian Heritage

Api is a world class bloke good video

Pascoe is not the best interviewer, there were more than one good questions Api missed he could have circled back on...

They don't thank the fans enough and say what good questions they have...😐

Nevertheless I do like more content coming from the club , I will keep eating it up

However, I think Luke’s goal for the year of 'just having fun' and enjoying it more and his assessment of what he did wrong in the past 10 years being that he was just too content being a first grader pretty much sums his play up.
Should do another interview with him.
Has he achieved that lofty goal of his yet?
It’s only been a couple of months….maybe round 9 will bring the fun and giggles.

A boss hosting a segment called Ask the Boss, sounds like the kind of thing a dong beater would do… Nice job Justin. Please take your glorified sales capabilities elsewhere…

Back