Ask The Boss Segment

Come at him all you want but
our bottom line is healthy smh.

Really? show me the P&L for the club. Keen to see what areas Pascoe has grown. Functioning as a successful football club must not be one of his KPI's so there must be something else. Happy to be proven wrong on this.

P.S. Don't dig up that pathetic finance position document the club released a few seasons ago. I don't want to school you in front of these good people. Give me something new, even 1-2 seasons old. Show me what you're basing your #pascoelove on.

Really? show me the P&L for the club. Keen to see what areas Pascoe has grown. Functioning as a successful football club must not be one of his KPI's so there must be something else. Happy to be proven wrong on this.

P.S. Don't dig up that pathetic finance position document the club released a few seasons ago. I don't want to school you in front of these good people. Give me something new, even 1-2 seasons old. Show me what you're basing your #pascoelove on.

Shut ya silly ass up mayne 😆

Also, you get very little sense of how good a coach is from interview but to me Benji sounds really amateur and naive. He talks about how he likes joining training, being positive about players having a go, making the club family friendly again, repeating gospel of sheens, joining in to show them what he means, him being competitive in drills. I don't think any of that is negative, it just seems pretty insubstantial and a lot of it focused on his own participation and his satisfaction with it rather than observations on the team and satisfaction in seeing player development.

You listen to Bellamy or Robinson talk about coaching a team and there's a much bigger picture focus with trying to create a sense of purpose and developing clear roles and expectations. Sort of building human beings, the team and teaching the significance of the team within the broader world. Benji coaching seems more like, 'let's have a go!', 'try this', 'i do it like this, learn from me' without that deeper awareness.

More negativity, apologies. Was just a reflection on how he spoke there. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also, you get very little sense of how good a coach is from interview but to me Benji sounds really amateur and naive. He talks about how he likes joining training, being positive about players having a go, making the club family friendly again, repeating gospel of sheens, joining in to show them what he means, him being competitive in drills. I don't think any of that is negative, it just seems pretty insubstantial and a lot of it focused on his own participation and his satisfaction with it rather than observations on the team and satisfaction in seeing player development.

You listen to Bellamy or Robinson talk about coaching a team and there's a much bigger picture focus with trying to create a sense of purpose and developing clear roles and expectations. Sort of building human beings, the team and teaching the significance of the team within the broader world. Benji coaching seems more like, 'let's have a go!', 'try this', 'i do it like this, learn from me' without that deeper awareness.

More negativity, apologies. Was just a reflection on how he spoke there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Hopefully the next two years under Sheens will open his eyes more.

Agree with everything you said.
Saw his little comments regarding how excited he is every day to go to training.

Hopefully he'll be able to have the hard talks with players when the time comes - can't always be everyone's best mate.

2 minutes of Robinson is more than enough for me. I'm snoring soundly about then.
Bloke just waffles on with 10 minute answers that could be summed up in 60 seconds. He's like a coaching version of Mbye or Tamou, just total dribble for the most part.

His advertising on socials throws me a bit....
Not saying it can't be done - But there's a lot of other coaches in the NRL and i don't know of them doing it?
Most coaches will tell you there isn't enough hours in the day or days in the year to be an NRL coach....

😬😬😬
I think he's a part timer at the moment, just buzzing he's involved in some way.

The sooner he snaps out of it, the better.

It ain't gonna be easy for him.

He's managed to bring in a lot of
money to the club, irregardless of
our on field success. Delivered the
COE too. Hes doing exactly what a CEO should be doing - a lot of organisations would be jelly.
Despite what some ppl
think about his haircut lmao
If Pascoe genuinely attracted big dollars or high quality sponsors to the club - we would not have Lee's suburban compo solicitors as naming sponsor & Chairman by default.

And the player game day sponsors would be of a higher caliber than Menai Meat market etc.

He is exponentially out of his depth and needs to own ALL his appalling decisions over many years that have set us so far back.

His advertising on socials throws me a bit....
Not saying it can't be done - But there's a lot of other coaches in the NRL and i don't know of them doing it?
Most coaches will tell you there isn't enough hours in the day or days in the year to be an NRL coach....

😬😬😬
He's not the coach. Pretty simple really.

Back