Avoiding the spoon

I'm glad to say it looks like I could have been wrong but the light wasn't coming to the end of the tunnel a few weeks back.

Reactions: 851
Tits will win a game before the years out.
I’m hopeful agaisnt the Knights. But also pretty confident we will have the Dragons measure this time round.
Lock decision is a big factor I feel. Be interesting to see if we revert Offa, start Musgrove or Pole and bring Peachey on around the middle. Or replace Hastings with Peachey and bring on Liddle or Simpkin for hooker rotation.

At various stages I have thought the club deserved the spoon this year.

However, this squad does not. Some big hearts in there, and they've shown its not a fluke.
Like many others I didn't expect miracles this season, just a team that went out every week and gave it their best shot, it's been a while coming but it looks like it is finally happening.

I have seen a big improvement on the defensive side for a while now and I'm really enjoying watching the attack in the last couple of weeks where we have scored more tries than our opponents, both of which were top 4 contenders.

I just hope we can keep this up from now on and with a few good signings I hope we can become the entertainers of the NRL once again and wake up those 400,000 sleepy fans that we have somewhere out there.

Tits will win a game before the years out.
I’m hopeful agaisnt the Knights. But also pretty confident we will have the Dragons measure this time round.
Lock decision is a big factor I feel. Be interesting to see if we revert Offa, start Musgrove or Pole and bring Peachey on around the middle. Or replace Hastings with Peachey and bring on Liddle or Simpkin for hooker rotation.
The mere mention of Peachy makes me nervous.

Before this season I would have thought that Peachy could play a similar role to Jacko in the #13, but he has let us down a number of times this season and some of his passes leave a lot to desire.

Glad I'm not making the selection decisions because Jacko being out leaves a gaping hole in our side and a massive test for Jock Madden and Adam Doueihi in the halves.

Only proviso is that they must not suffer a letdown after playing 4 top sides.
Newcastle will think they can( and have to) win and these are the games we have had problems with in recent years. Now with Hastings out it will be even harder.
We need to keep that focus and intensity of the past month. The job of avoiding spoon is far from done.
In some ways a victory on Sunday will show how far we have actually come.

Back