Ayshford for rookie of the year

@TIGS said:
Heres a list of rookies and games played…...
Note - Daniel Mortimer has only played 6 games!

My vote would be going to:
1\. Antonio Winterstein (Played every game and equal 7th leading try scorer)
2\. Alex Glenn (Played every position for the broncos this year: centre, wing, back row, lock, hooker, utility - and was selected 18th man for NZ in the anzac test match)
3\. Tim Mannah
4\. Jarrod Croker

Antonio Winterstein 23
Tim Mannah 23
Alex Glenn 22
Jarod Croker 20
Kevin Gordon 20
Blake Ferguson 19
Matthew Wright 16
Josh Dugan 15
Steve Rapira 15
Blake Ayshford 14
Josh McGuire 14
Lewis Brown 14
Nathan Stapleton 14
Scott Porter 13
Johnny Mannah 12
David Mead 11
James Tamou 11
Kevin Locke 11
Aaron Heremaia 10
Jharal Yow Yeh 10
Travis Waddell 9
Ukuma Ta'ai 9
Josh McCrone 8
Stanley Waqa 8
Tom Symonds 8
Atelea Vea 7
Daniel Vidot 7
Jeremy Latimore 7
Jordan Tansey 7
Junior Tia Kilifi 7
Kieran Foran 7
Sisi Waqa 7
Daniel Mortimer 6
Dave Tyrrell 6
Guy Williams 5
Iwi Hauraki 5
Palmer Wapau 5
Alan Schirnack 4
Anthony Suniula 4
Dale Copley 4
Etu Uaisele 4
James Maloney 4
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 4
Rohan Ahern 4
Shaune Corrigan 4
Sonny Tuigamala 4
Willie Mataka 4
Bodene Thompson 3
Chris McQueen 3
Isaac John 3
Joel Romelo 3
Robert Lui 3
Sandor Earl 3
Tim Natusch 3
Trent Merrin 3
Ben Hunt 2
Constantine Mika 2
Hep Cahill 2
Jonathan Wright 2
Junior Vaivai 2
Lancen Juodo 2
Leeson Ah Mau 2
Martin Kennedy 2
Shaun Fensom 2
Simon Dwyer 2
Ben McFadgen 1
Daniel O'Regan 1
Daniel Vidot 1
David Hala 1
Donald Malone 1
Gerard Beale 1
Jason Clark 1
Kayne Lawton 1
Khaild Deeb 1
Luke Kelly 1
Ray Moujalli 1
Sione Tovo 1
Siuatonga Likiliki 1
Taniela Lasalo 1
Tim Weyman 1

it goes on dally M points for who gets rookie of the year, winger of the year prop of the year and so on, so morts will have acrewed a few points during this 7 match win streak and im sure hes played more then 6 games more like 10 or so, hes been there since round 14 when we beat them, im sure he player atleast 2 games before then

Daniel Mortimer….... Parra again the bandwagon is just everywhere rookie of the year daily M their going to win the comp from 7th Hayne is the greatest of all time and people were saying the same thing about TIm SMith and Inu

please let this rubbish bandwagon end dragons

@tigh said:
@Yossarian said:
Daniel Mortimer is about as dangerous as a wet tissue. Idris missed a few games but I think at this stage he is a much better player.

:laughing: funniest post this week. Mortimer is a gun, weighs 65 kg's wringing wet, tackles blokes head on twice his size, runs all day, can kick, pass, run, has pace and can read a game of football. And best of all, he seems to have a bloody good head on his shoulders. This kid is the next big thing.

Mortimer…..............daylight...............Dugan

Oh well you're entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. Having seen him play live against us he seemed to offer very little in attack. Even when he scored three tries the other night it was more as a support player than anything else. Take out Hayne and possibly Moi Moi and Parra come close to finishing last.

He may be solid but he's no Jarrod Mullen. I just don't rate him as highly as some of you guys

@Ghostdogg said:
@Yossarian said:
Daniel Mortimer is about as dangerous as a wet tissue.

Have you been watching any Eels games?? He has been killing it.

Yeah I have. Apart from the Penrith game he's been very limited. They put 40 on the Warriors and he had no line breaks or line break assists. You guys have to stop believing everything you read in the Telegraph or hear on Channel 9.

I'm not saying he can't play I just don't see him as the attacking genius some of you guys claim he is.

Geez..I would have sworn Witterstein would be a shoe in, looks the goods and has scored tries consistently, a real talent.

@stryker said:
@anderson silva said:
@Marshall_magic said:
top 5 in my opinion

1\. Daniel Mortimer
2\. Kevin Gordon
3\. Jarrod Croker
4\. Josh Dugan
5\. Kevin Locke

Most Overrated: Jamal Idris

exactly jarrod crocker >>>>idris

Kevin gordon >>>>>idris

Josh dugan >>>>>idris

he is extrememly over rated

By no way is Idris overated :laughing: if you want proof tune in at 9.30 this friday night.
Seriously though he has been very good this season for the dogs - why the hate for him???

so i tuned in and saw idris get owned over and over again in defence and make 1 good run that anyone with pace would of scored. not in the top 8 rookies this year

@MGB said:
Geez..I would have sworn Witterstein would be a shoe in, looks the goods and has scored tries consistently, a real talent.

living in brisbane I have watched him whenever the broncos were on a friday night.
He was able to find the try-line for the first half of the year but his defence is suspect and he makes a lot of errors.
I agree with Yossarian Mortimer is definetely a good player but he isn't an amazing playmaker without hayne and moi moi I couldn't see him directing the team around effectively.
I think dugan or croker should get it.
Dugan is very talented and he always gets smashed but he always gets up and keeps going.

Just saw some highlights of the Tigers V Dogs game … Jamaal Idris has got to be the slowest, sluggish defender. Benji's try he ran right through him and all Idris did was throw a high five at him as he ran past. It was disturbing to watch thinking this guy is in first grade.

Lewis Brown should get a nomination surely. He has been one of the few lights in the Warriors season

@alex said:
Jamaal Idris has got to be the slowest, sluggish defender. Benji's try he ran right through him and all Idris did was throw a high five at him as he ran past. It was disturbing to watch thinking this guy is in first grade.

Yeah I know, he reminds me of Daine Laurie. The thing is though they both have alot of potential. If they both improve their fitness they will be very very good first graders.

@willow said:
Idris won it.

He was good before his injury but was way too slow when he came back.

Mortimer didn't play enough games to win it.

Ayshford must have been close.

idris is goot running onto a ball 5m from the try line. anywhere else he is nothing.
he scored a good try in round 1 and one other good one during the year. apart from that he is nothing.
josh dugan should have got the award. i watch plenty of canberra games coz my brother-in-law is a mad raiders supporter and dugan and croker are outstanding.
idris winning is a joke.
any teams playing dogs would want a blue-print of sheens's gameplan coz he picked out every single weakeness in idris n the tigers ripped him all night long. benji ran past him as though he didnt exist when he scored.

i don't understand how this works. do players or fans vote idris in?

also how can farah finish 4th on the dally m points, well ahead of ennis, but ennis wins hooker of the year???

Watch Mad Dog school Idris this week if they line up on the same side of the field. If they don't, then Mullen will run rings around him like Marshall did.

@Torbizlo said:
idris is goot running onto a ball 5m from the try line. anywhere else he is nothing.
he scored a good try in round 1 and one other good one during the year. apart from that he is nothing.
josh dugan should have got the award. i watch plenty of canberra games coz my brother-in-law is a mad raiders supporter and dugan and croker are outstanding.
idris winning is a joke.
any teams playing dogs would want a blue-print of sheens's gameplan coz he picked out every single weakeness in idris n the tigers ripped him all night long. benji ran past him as though he didnt exist when he scored.

I can only think that its because the Dogs get more exposure then the Raiders.

And lets face it, Idris stands out a lot more then some skinny guys with headgear.

If ch 9 chowed some Canberra games then the media would latch onto those guys more.

Dugan and Crocker are way better then Idris but sadly, just like it is with us a lot of the time, they dont get any recognition.

I truly believe the Dally M's are just a popularity contest. I mean it is decided by the media.

@Jazza said:
@Torbizlo said:
idris winning is a joke.

I can only think that its because the Dogs get more exposure then the Raiders.

And lets face it, Idris stands out a lot more then some skinny guys with headgear.

If ch 9 chowed some Canberra games then the media would latch onto those guys more.

Dugan and Crocker are way better then Idris but sadly, just like it is with us a lot of the time, they dont get any recognition.

I truly believe the Dally M's are just a popularity contest. I mean it is decided by the media.

The award always goes to the first rookie to give the media orgasms. In 2007 Israel Folau had it won after 1 game. If Jordan Atkins didn't fall off the face of the earth last year he would've won it with ease.

Back