Bad thing about next week's game

citizen_cub

The game against the dogs next week, will be a similar situation to that of when we played last time. Tigers have strung a couple of wins together, and the dogs are on the back foot and are desperate for a win.

The stakes will probably be even more desperate next week, if the dogs lose to Melbourne tomorrow (which they most likely will).

I'm sure that issue will be discussed during the week, and hopefully it is rectified come friday night.

for me its simple …..if we are contenders WE have to beat the dogs .....no excuses ......

ive mentioned this in another thread - bulldogs i think will be looking down the barrell of 5 straight losses if they lose to melbourne tomorrow. Always the worst time to play the bulldogs. but i have to agree with the previous poster that if we are contenders we have to stand up next friday night. the last time we got hammered by the bulldogs we lost 4 straight i think. for crying out loud they only have 8 competition points. every other team seems to beat them so why shouldnt we.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
ive mentioned this in another thread - bulldogs i think will be looking down the barrell of 5 straight losses if they lose to melbourne tomorrow. Always the worst time to play the bulldogs. but i have to agree with the previous poster that if we are contenders we have to stand up next friday night. the last time we got hammered by the bulldogs we lost 4 straight i think. for crying out loud they only have 8 competition points. every other time seems to beat them so why shouldnt we.

Yeah, the Bulldogs season is all but over, but a couple of wins on the trot and you never know. I thought the warriors had no chance of winning (and I was right), but the bulldogs game certainly has an awkward feeling about it.

Storm have a few players out kinda hoping bulldogs can get up so we can play them off a loss

@Golden said:
Storm have a few players out kinda hoping bulldogs can get up so we can play them off a loss

With or without their top line players Melbourne should still thrash them. They'll be keen to get their first win at AAMI park after that disappointing display a few weeks back against the Broncos

@citizen cub said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:
ive mentioned this in another thread - bulldogs i think will be looking down the barrell of 5 straight losses if they lose to melbourne tomorrow. Always the worst time to play the bulldogs. but i have to agree with the previous poster that if we are contenders we have to stand up next friday night. the last time we got hammered by the bulldogs we lost 4 straight i think. for crying out loud they only have 8 competition points. every other time seems to beat them so why shouldnt we.

Yeah, the Bulldogs season is all but over, but a couple of wins on the trot and you never know. I thought the warriors had no chance of winning (and I was right), but the bulldogs game certainly has an awkward feeling about it.

Anything other than a convincing win against the 'dogs will be unacceptable. Forget the season if we don't win going away. There should be ample motivation for this one, not the least of which will be Farah's opportunity of making Ennis look the absolute donkey that he is…...

Robbie needs a punch from a Bulldog early in the game and then he will fire up.
I wasn't going to say it but I will be watching closely to see which hooker gets on top??

We have to watch out for Kimmorley… he will be wanting to press his origin claimes for game 2.... I am confident we can come away with a win though....
The boys are now confident of there ability to slaughter somes sides in this competition... im sure they wont be having a light weeks training... sheens will have them prepared for this game... mentally and pyshcally...

@KingOvKingz09 said:
We have to watch out for Kimmorley… he will be wanting to press his origin claimes for game 2....

I don't know, he's done stuff all all season and they picked him for game one.

Dunno why its bad.

Similar situations apparently yet last time we came out negatively…we now know what not to do, its in fact easier for us.
But if you worry about what they'll do, they'll get you every time

@Citizen Tiger said:
@citizen cub said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:

Anything other than a convincing win against the 'dogs will be unacceptable. Forget the season if we don't win going away. There should be ample motivation for this one, not the least of which will be Farah's opportunity of making Ennis look the absolute donkey that he is…...

Agreed Citizen

We have the game to beat the Bulldogs. The key is discipline. In the past 2 weeks, we won both games convincingly simply by doing the basics right. Forget scorelines when it comes to the Tigers. Once we get the momentum, we are certainties to put points on.

If we work on our completions, make effective one on one tackles and build momentum through a good licking game, we will put 30 on the Dogs…

Stop putting pressure on week to week performances. Even the Sharks can still make the Finals in 2010\. This isnt a must win game. we only need to stay in the 8 and have positive momentum from round 20 to 26 and the Tigers will feature well in the Finals.

Remember, we have a 100% record in Finals Football...lol

@Tiger Watto said:
We have the game to beat the Bulldogs. The key is discipline. In the past 2 weeks, we won both games convincingly simply by doing the basics right. Forget scorelines when it comes to the Tigers. Once we get the momentum, we are certainties to put points on.

If we work on our completions, make effective one on one tackles and build momentum through a good licking game, we will put 30 on the Dogs…

**Stop putting pressure on week to week performances. Even the Sharks can still make the Finals in 2010\. <big>This isnt a must win game. we only need to stay in the 8 and have positive momentum from round 20 to 26</bigand the Tigers will feature well in the Finals.**
Remember, we have a 100% record in Finals Football...lol

Yes, correct
We're nicely placed now…hopefully no more cosecutive losses, even if we go LBWWLWWLWWL ETC were sweet...just no more consecutive L's

Hahaha….this threads a classic...

We have to win we must win a loss is totally unacceptable...no excusses...

WHY......cause I hate the Scumdogs with a passion....

It's our turn to beat them. Neither team has strung consecutive wins, or losses, against the other for ages.

Staff online

Back