Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers Side Vs Aukland Vulcans

system

Balmain Ryde Eastwood v Auckland Vulcans
\
\
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers coach Paul Fletcher has announced his team for the Round 16 clash with the Auckland.
The game is being played at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday 26th June. Kick off is at 3pm.

Prior to the NSW Cup, we are hosting two NSW Tertiary games, a Masters clash and Mini games.

Entry is $5.
\
\
1 Sean Meaney
2 Lee Bennett C
3 Ben Macdougall
4 Gavin Cowan
5 Sam Latu

6 Darren Nicholls
7 Blake Lazarus

8 Eloni Vunakece
9 Ryan Carr
10 David Gower
11 Rhys Curran
12 Matthew Ryan
13 Jared Farlow

14 Willie Mataka
15 Tame Tupou
16 Brett Lane
17 Matty Davidson
18 David Fafita
\
\
\
Interesting.

Big Al & Mitch Brown on standby for NRL injuries maybe? Might be injured himself? I don't know. Tame will be used as a forward I think

That centre pairing looks interesting and there's plenty of size on the bench. Hopefully Tame's timing is improved this week. With no football under his belt for over 12 months it's going to take the big fella awhile to get settled I reckon, could be similar to Junior Moors in how he is developing this season after coming back from injury. Hope they bounce back to roll the Vulcans all the same.

Vulcans Side

1 Johnny Aranga
2 Fetongi Tuinauvai
3 Thomas Ah Van
4 Niuvao Taka
5 Howie Matthews
6 Shaun Johnson
7 Kelvin Wright
8 James Gavet
20 Toshio Laiseni
10 Mataupu Poching
11 Ralph Ah Van
12 Mike Afioga
13 Tulson Caird

14 Dwayne Glasgow
16 Sialii Tufeao
17 Nathaniel Neale
19 Soape Kavaliku

Coach: Brent Gemmell

@smeghead said:
Willow that was our centre pairing when injury free from memory

It's been awhile then Smeg. Hopefully it's a good move for the team.

Cowan is great there and, if he can stay fit, Dodge is a very experienced and skillful centre.

The problem bringing Brown back to the squad is that our defense in State Cup is structured differently and he looks out of place

Tame & Brown pairing was working last week, put there only on Sheens insistance…this team looks much better and hopefully with get back on the winning way ....but the Vulcans ate BRETs bogey team.
Can't wait to watch this one

Just got back from the game.

Balmain won 48-16 (I think). They were unfortunate not to have hit 50+, although Balmain really only struck ahead in the latter part of the game.

I can't go into detail as I don't know half the players, but of note were David Fifita and Tame who had a great game off the bench. This guy has a real presence on the field with size and speed to his advantage. He was heavily involved in several good plays and tries. Scored two i think.

Also, David Fifita played his best game (apparently) for a while, making several good busts and breaks. He looked a lot like his brother.

Benji, Rhino, Lankasaurus, Lui (looks sweet), Flanno and Andrew Fifita (in a boot still) were all there yelling jibes from the hill at Tame

Yep, very good game from Balmain today, they looked sharp, cohesive and fitter than the Vulcans, who boasted some big boys, but Balmain weren't without some good size of their own in the shape of the truckasaurus (Tame Tupou) and David Fifita.

Final score was 48-14 and Balmain were unlucky not to crack 50 with a couple of last passes going to ground late in the game. The halves in Lazarus and Nicholls were both good and both crossed for tries, Nicholls in particular looked very composed out there. Mitch Brown played and went well despite not scoring, made some strong runs. Lee Bennett bagged a double in the first half too.

The forward pack was strong, David Gower was very good in his first stint and Tame Tupou looked right at home in the forward pack and provided very good impact, he bagged a double, the first one from 10 out and hitting the line at speed, he ran into a nice hole and no one was going to stop him, the second off a great offload from Fifita and he had 3 players try and hold him up only for him to wrestle them and force the ball down under the posts. He's also got good speed I can tell you and could offer very good impact in FG given a few more weeks finding his feet and gaining match fitness.

David Fifita was another standout in the second half when he came on, he hit the line hard and caused damage on pretty much every run, he broke the line a couple of times and got away some good offloads. Meaney also went alright and got a break in the second half when Balmain kicked clear.

Heighno, Lui, Benji, Andrew Fifita, Ayshford and Mark Flanagan all turned up. Fifita had a boot on but reckons he'll be right to play the Broncos while Benji had a slight limp and Heighno looked a bit stiff and sore.

Very good team performance. Everyone did their jobs.

The AUkland side are no mugs, alot of big boys that really put in and back at Tigers @ Five Dock they were all very decent guys who appeciated the clubs hospitality etc

Roll on to Newtown next week for BRET

Congrats BRET again…...

The machine rolls on..... close to unbackable favourites to win the Comp.....

Everyone put it is good to hear....

Another great win by BRET…got really going in the second half , in which the game was there for the Vulcans taking at 24-14 with 20 to go , but Balmain withstood a ten minutes period of Aulkland's continual offloads to run away with it.All round good games from all , especially Darren Nichols & Ryan Carr......plus great runs by Cowan in the second half.Tame looked great running hard up the middle , and will only keep getting better with more gametime, and a FG bench spot is not far away.

NSW residents with take away at least 4 or 5 from the Balmain team to take on Newtown next Sunday @ Henson Oval at 3pm.
The Lollyleg boys were back in full cry , and as always lifted the atmosphere at a quite cold second half

@Aladinsane said:
NSW residents with take away at least 4 or 5 from the Balmain team to take on Newtown next Sunday @ Henson Oval at 3pm.

Remember that no rep side in NSW is actually picked on form

Back