Balmain & Wests - Stone cold Broke ?

Hi everyone

Surely they can't be serious. (Waiting for the joke…)

Anyway, why not just combine the two as Wests Tigers and wear a combined Wests/Tigers jerseys!! I would hate to see Wests jersey one week and Balmain jersey the next - that not a merge!! And keeps the supporters divided.

Tigergran

@Staks said:
"Wests and Balmain compete in the State Cup in alternate years - ie Balmain one year and Wests the next"

i didnt think they would want to do that. if they did would they play every home game at campbelltown when its Wests year and then every home game at Leichhardt when its balmains turn :question: :question: :question:

@alien said:
@Staks said:
"Wests and Balmain compete in the State Cup in alternate years - ie Balmain one year and Wests the next"

i didnt think they would want to do that. if they did would they play every home game at campbelltown when its Wests year and then every home game at Leichhardt when its balmains turn :question: :question: :question:

That level of detail has not been supplied it seems as though they are at the beginning of discussions. One positive as Staks said is that at least people are talking to each other. Having said that, it is difficult to see a solution being arrived at that will please everyone, there are a number of different interest groups at play so it will be interesting to see where it ends up.

The Wests Tigers brand must be the way forward into the future its the best way to go

@Staks said:
The Macarthur district will still have the SWAS team. Which is practically a second Wests Magpies Harold Matthews team.

OR has that been punted also.

I watched the under 14s developement trials last tuesday night.The player wore a black .gold and white jersey with a weststigers emblem on it .Group 6 club were part of the trials .
8 squads of 20 players trialed in 4 games and the players all used the two sets of jerseys in the 4 games.
The 14s squad wears gear with weststigers on it .

What's so hard about wearing a jersey that is equally black, gold (not orange) & white. The magpie clearly visible on each sleeve. The tiger on the front. What went wrong ?

@tonyc said:
What's so hard about wearing a jersey that is equally black, gold (not orange) & white. The magpie clearly visible on each sleeve. The tiger on the front. What went wrong ?

Exactly. Black , White and Gold with equal recognition of the two foundation clubs.

I can accept a wt nsw cup team but only with genuine recognition of the wests brand so the magpie is not banished forever
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Guys

We are now the Tigers. Tigers are mostly orange.

No other club has the advantage of a genuinely unique colour all to their own.

Time to move on especially as we aproach another potential GF, a feat that both the clubs that merged couldn't get near in the last 20 years.

Go tHe mighty Wests Tigers!

Anyone have any accurate news on 2012\. Balmain definately gone or are they gonna persuade Meriton to pay the bills? Any news if the Magpies have any financial backers ??

Cant verify 100% but balmain will not / unable to complete in 2012 nsw cup (no $) Wests magpies future wholly depends on funding and full support from wests ashfield. No final decision has been made by WT on who will feed the NRL team (as we all know they are still pushing to form a WT nsw cup team based in concord)
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

As painful as it may be for some (myself included) we are probably better off just having the one feeder team especially with both of them losing money hand over fist and they could wear alternating Wests and Balmain jerseys each week
May be the only option that will keep everyone happy

@TripleB said:
@happy tiger said:

Keep everyone happy, Happy??? Good luck with that :laughing:

Well the club has to look at the best financial decisions to keep us profitable and viable

And the fans of both Balmain and Wests (which many of us are) need to remember that as well

Would you want to see the Wests Tigers go down the gurgler to keep both Balmain and Wests afloat ??
To a true fan of the Wests Tigers there is only one answer to that question

@happy tiger said:
@TripleB said:
@happy tiger said:

Well the club has to look at the best financial decisions to keep us profitable and viable

And the fans of both Balmain and Wests (which many of us are) need to remember that as well

Would you want to see the Wests Tigers go down the gurgler to keep both Balmain and Wests afloat ??

I agree with what you are saying Happy. I was just joking that on this forum, nothing would keep everyone happy. If we won 5 premierships in a row there would still be some people who could find something to whinge and complain about!!!

@TripleB said:
@happy tiger said:
@TripleB said:
@happy tiger said:

I agree with what you are saying Happy. I was just joking that on this forum, nothing would keep everyone happy. If we won 5 premierships in a row there would still be some people who could find something to whinge and complain about!!!

Yeah no worries Triple B Just waiting for the masses to come and jump all over Happy's comments

It is just some people think that tradition and profits can all work hand in hand
And in some situations it just doesn't work unfortunately I think this maybe is one of those situations

@Spartan117 said:
Guys

We are now the Tigers. Tigers are mostly orange.

No other club has the advantage of a genuinely unique colour all to their own.

Time to move on especially as we aproach another potential GF, a feat that both the clubs that merged couldn't get near in the last 20 years.

Go tHe mighty Wests Tigers!

We are now the Wests Tigers Spartan

Its an interesting debate.. The clubs fighting for existance in the nsw cup seem to be clubs that have no presence in the nrl. (bears and newtown) clubs like manly and canberra are not fussed about having a nsw cup team. Cronulla has merged with storm in nsw cup. St george doesnt have a team but will reintroduce steelers in 2012\. Its seems that the magpies and balmain are the only clubs 'fighting to be in the nsw cup'. Wests magpies are fighting to keep the wests/magpies brand alive at senior level while balmain wont or cant 'fight' because the dominant tigers brand in the WT nrl team and dont need to keep the tigers brand alive (compared to wests)
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Back