Beau finally gets a run at FB

Danos

Well, myself and dozens of others were calling for Beau to at least get a shot at #1 in the trials. He may not be offering a whole lot in terms of support play and a passing game.. but 12 carries for 125 metres in one half of football has gone a long way to making sure our sets get off to a great start from kick returns.

Go Beau!

@Allan Towle said:
He was safe, very busy, plays with passion and is strong on kick returns too. Everything you want from your fullback.

Couldn't agree more, deserves to be there next week. Very well played by Beau, really got into it tonight.

Long time critic of Beau on the wing.

Yet to be tested under the high ball but so far he offers exactly what we need and if he continues when Tuiaki comes back I think we have our back 3.

Really excellent fullbacks performance

I like how he sniffed out the ball to get us on the front foot a fair few times tonight. He played a blinder tonight and was always involved. Great game Beau!

He hasn't ever been a player you expect big things out of but at fullback he gets involved and plays with passion.

He really performed well there.

Ryans turning me around. I thought he was a complete waste for most of last season but up until todays game he's been solid this season & tonight he was fantastic. Not really tested under the high ball but played a quality game at 1.
& why would you move Tuquiri to 1 when he's such an obvious winger!

Ryan 1
Tuquiri 2
Tuiaki 5
Moltzen 7

SOLD!!

Ryan was OK. Nothing spectacular and not really tested tonight by the sleepy eels.

He's a bit casual in getting to the ball sometimes too.

But a world of difference better than Molzten.

Let's see how he goes - but again, Sheens is playing a winger @ fullback. We have about 17,000 junior teams. There is not one first grade standard Fullback among them? If not, why not?

@smeghead said:
Long time critic of Beau on the wing.

Yet to be tested under the high ball but so far he offers exactly what we need and if he continues when Tuiaki comes back I think we have our back 3.

Really excellent fullbacks performance

Atleast you admit it and so was i but i think his improvement started last year and his just going from strength to strength.

Alot more mungrel in his play and his fighting in tackles alot more then what he was.

Apart from Liam Fulton coming back it would be pretty hard to change a winning side, Beau you were great, that's why I named my new dog after you!.

The only real problem now is that is leaves a real hole on the right edge. Beau & Ayshford defend really strongly together.. Fitzy & Brown have really made it a target area for opposition teams.

Beau was good from about half way through last season till now. People used him as a scapegoat when it was really Collis letting all the tries in.

Anyway he has got even stronger and dare I say it has gained even more confidence….he took two hitups tonight into the forwards at speed.

Great game and runner up for MOM for mine.

Beau is doing from the back what I was critical of him not doing on kick returns from the wing RUNNING STRAIGHT

i think Beau is not 1st grade material….UNTIL NOW!!!.. This year he has really come on and im really starting to like the guys playing style.. Not only is he showing heart, when a try is scored, or a big tackle occurs.. he is the first there high 5ing.... he is showing true spirt of the club..

@softlaw said:
Ryans turning me around. I thought he was a complete waste for most of last season but up until todays game he's been solid this season & tonight he was fantastic. Not really tested under the high ball but played a quality game at 1.
& why would you move Tuquiri to 1 when he's such an obvious winger!

Ryan 1
Tuquiri 2
Tuiaki 5
Moltzen 7

SOLD!!

SIGN THE PAPERS, STAMP THE PAD, SHUT THE GATES AND LIFT UP THE TROPHY!!!!!
:sign:

Back