"Ben Teo thinks he is a Superstar"

Tiger_Watto

Bruno Cullen was a guest at yesterday's Men of League function. The conversation turned to the new breed of player at the club, mainly the younger generation. Bruno was talking about how casual and down to earth young Matt Gillett is and mentioned upon his arrival at the club he appeared to be slack and lazy towards his football. He wanted to pull out of a Under 20's Semi because he wanted to play in the Grand Final of his other club, Bribie Island that weekend.

He then compared Gillett to Ben Teo. Bruno mentioned on Ben's arrival, Ben thought he was already a Superstar and would walk around the club as if he was a Darren Lockyer/Allan Langer. It took them months to pull Ben into line and make him realize that if didn't start putting in on the Training Paddock, he would be shown the door. Upon the suggestion Ben was to do extra training in the 'Fat Club', he nearly left. He went on to say that in 2010, Ben has improved his training and attitude, and is fast becoming a complete footballer.

All Hail Ben Teo :master:

Good on Ben…an 18 month recovery from heart muscle strain has done him the world of good....

Still has the best post 'try celebration' in the Game..... :wahoo:

I would never want him back at the Tigers for his carry on but I am actually glad he has sorted himself out and gotten over himself to an extent.

He was a very decent guy at the beginning. The first time I saw him he was organising a game of touch footy off his own bat for kids at the members day.

He went off the rails and let ego and money become his major focus and paid a price in terms of reputation and career progress but good on him more getting on with it. It is a testament to the systems in place at the Broncos as well

Didn't like the way made a poor imitation of Beu Ryan on the footy show a couple of weeks back - seemed to carry on ike a big head.

hard to put a wise head on young shoulders.
he probably realises now, that he is just a player in the game.
never understood why people, get far too wrapped up in their own importance. :unamused:
you see it in all occupations.

He's got talent but it's taken him awhile to find some decent consistency in his game. He may well have tickets on himself but there are worse out there. At least he's happy at the Broncos.

Even if he got back on track previously, he is a gibberer. Being on the Footy Show will hardly be good for that ego of his

Just watching the replay of the Broncos vs Rabbits and keeping a close eye on Ben. The difference between Ben today and the Ben of old is the guy is playing hungry, we wants to be in this team and is putting in all over the park.

While he always had talent, I don't think I ever saw this Ben Teo playing at the Tigers???

i'm sure the commentator said he's off contract - could he possibly be playing well because he's playing for a contract?

@Tiger Watto said:
Just watching the replay of the Broncos vs Rabbits and keeping a close eye on Ben. The difference between Ben today and the Ben of old is the guy is playing hungry, we wants to be in this team and is putting in all over the park.

While he always had talent, I don't think I ever saw this Ben Teo playing at the Tigers???

might be because hes a NZer who played in NSW but now thinks he has QLD passion and never lived there before :laughing:

You cant blame the guy for wanting to play Origin. I suppose their are a few Kiwi's who would love to play in that arena, but choose not to, as they prefer to play for New Zealand?!

As to being eligable for Queensland, he qualifies because he played at Keebra Park High before coming to the Tigers…

well i met teo at uni up in brisbane last year when we was side lined with a knee injury and he seemed quite down to earth, so im happy to hear hes even more settled with broncos at the moment.

Back