BENJI

tigerlogic

Was absolutely appalling particularly defensively!
We all understand last weeks result but no excuse for the team to be that bad tonight
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@hybrid_tiger said:
Not a halfback. Doesn't run the ball any more. Ridiculous.

I also don't understand y he doesn't run, Cronk and DCE r halfbacks and they still run!
Defense was shocking tho
\
\

Piss poor defence from both Marshall and reddy , Marshall just jumps around like a fly in a bottle once again , he needs a rocket and run straight then use his step . Absolutely devastated .
\
\

Seriously we have very good runners of the football in this team. You could count them on one hand:

1) ellis
2) lawrence
3) BMM
4) Marshall

And with one of them out injured, one of them still recovering from a long term injury, one of them only playing twenty minutes…. It really only leaves Marshall and he runs the ball once a game. It took him to the 65th minute to run the ball last week and it was the 75th or so minute tonight. If any imbecile wants to talk about premierships and 05 etc, one of our best features was Marshalls running, which unfortunately is uncited these days.

Defensively he has been terrible of late, and unfortunately he has forgotten how to run the ball.

@milford_magic said:
Seriously we have very good runners of the football in this team. You could count them on one hand:

1) ellis
2) lawrence
3) BMM
4) Marshall

And with one of them out injured, one of them still recovering from a long term injury, one of them only playing twenty minutes…. It really only leaves Marshall and he runs the ball once a game. It took him to the 65th minute to run the ball last week and it was the 75th or so minute tonight. If any imbecile wants to talk about premierships and 05 etc, one of our best features was Marshalls running, which unfortunately is uncited these days.

Agreed! I am sick and tired of the control, control control mantra. He is not paid the big bucks for his somewhat suspect line defence - even if it has improved. Very ordinary performance amongst a team full of ordinary performances.

Marshall was terrible. An absolutely woeful performance.

He should stay at 7\. In fact Robbie played 7 today more than Marshall did and Robbie was really poor as well.

I said this last week - but no one wanted a bar of it.

He hasn't found the right balance. Trying too hard to be calm and make sensible plays - rather than taking the game on by the balls. Well I am sorry, for the most part he plays like a passenger. Hanging the ball out with one hand and picking up inside runners is pretty predictable.

His defence is woeful - but always has been. We are used to overlooking it though because he made up for it with the ball.
\
\

Benji got successfully targetted in defence & his transparent lack of committment in that area has now provided a blueprint for every other team
…not that it was ever a secret mind you,but it plummetted to new depths tonite.

@Centaur said:

He hasn't found the right balance. Trying too hard to be calm and make sensible plays - rather than taking the game on by the balls. Well I am sorry, for the most part he plays like a passenger. Hanging the ball out with one hand and picking up inside runners is pretty predictable.

His defence is woeful - but always has been. We are used to overlooking it though because he made up for it with the ball.
\
\

His defense was really good till recently, but certainly the last 3 games has been disgraceful
\
\

He is not a no7, but with Siro back after the bye their is no chance he will play no6\. The whole group needs a massive rocket. Sheens needs to start to drop a few players no matter the size of their contract

IMHO the reasons why Marshall (and Tigers) was better at #7 in previous games are:
- forwards played very good, they provided the platform;
- defense was good;
- very few penalties;
- very few errors;
- ball possession, as the result of the above we had at least 50% of the ball.

In the last two games we failed in all of the above.

Marshall's defense (or lack of) was exposed in the last 2 games.
However, his kicking game was very good, and it is nearly impossible to organise effective attack from your own 20 meters, set after set.
I still think that Marshall and Sironon are the best combination.

Go Tigers.

As soon as he squared up at the defense and decided to run it you could instantly see the Knights defensive line freeze like they had no idea what to do. Then he slipped over.

My point being that FFS BENJI RUN THE [This word has been automatically removed]ING BALL!

@tigerlogic said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
Not a halfback. Doesn't run the ball any more. Ridiculous.

I also don't understand y he doesn't run, Cronk and DCE r halfbacks and they still run!
Defense was shocking tho
\
\

What's he tackling with, his thumbs?
\
\

Benji had a poor game for sure but until he has a proper halfback partner he always likely to.ayshford is a centre and no more ,he is totally ineffective at five eighth.the last 2 games beau ryan at fullback timmy moltzen at 7 and benji at 6 would have been better.

@tigerlogic said:
@Centaur said:

\
\

His defense was really good till recently, but certainly the last 3 games has been disgraceful
\
\

Shoulder problems again I reckon Saw him on the wing at one stage last week flexing his shoulder , and seemed to be having an issue the week before also

Benjis defence had been pretty good for a while, but since the storm game it has bee. Horrendous…wasn't this around the time he got engaged?

Maybe he ha realised what a horrible, horrible life changing decision he has made and its messing with his head.
\
\

Back