Best choice of coach from ones in talking

Gray

It seems like Nathan Brown is leading the chase to become Wests next coach, assuming Sheens leaves.

There are however other contenders, such as Mick Potter and Peter Gentle as well as the talks of Fittler being signed on as assistant coach. There is likely talks with other people also.

From the publicised coaches we are in talks with, who would be the best choice to take over from Sheens?

The coach that sorts the halves out.

The coach that gets the entire squad tackling with good technique and working together as a unit with the line and also in the ruck.

The coach that can put fire in the bellies of all the players.

The coach that can instill mental toughness.

Then the talent of the squad might be able to find potential.

@MacDougall said:
I want Potter.

X 2! I'm not sure what it is but I just have a bad feeling about Brown. And appointing Gentle would be lunacy.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I'm keen on Brownie TBH. He's performed really well in the UK and should be able to do wonders with our roster.

@barra said:
The coach that sorts the halves out.

The coach that gets the entire squad tackling with good technique and working together as a unit with the line and also in the ruck.

The coach that can put fire in the bellies of all the players.

The coach that can instill mental toughness.

Then the talent of the squad might be able to find potential.

Great minds think alike :slight_smile:

Sheens would be my first choice (only since he has made the good decisions to clear out some players) but if not the following in order
1\. Tony Smith - If you don't know of Smiths success everywhere he has been [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Smith_(rugby_league_b._1967)](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Smith_%28rugby_league_b._1967%29) he is currently coaching Warrington including our own Brett Hodgson where he has lead them to great success and still is as well as leading Leeds, Great Britain and Huddersfield to great performance
2\. Steve Folkes
3\. Nathan Brown

Don't want Gentle or Brown particularly.

Vote for Folkes or Peter Sterling

Do a poll…..?...

@bigsiro said:
Don't want Gentle or Brown particularly.

Vote for Folkes or **Peter Sterling**

Do a poll…..?...

Really? I know i'm stating the obvious, but we'd be a bigger chance of being co-coached by Tommy and Alan Jones

Theres no gaurentee any new coach will be successful….but id be excited by the following in this order

1.Potter
2.Brown
3.Anderson
4.Smith tony
5.Folkes
6.Gentle

hmmm… I'm torn between Potter or Brown.

I think Brown will most definately ensure we have a 'real' Halfback, but I feel Potter will be a great People Manager?!

Either way, I'm glad we have moved on some players... This was just as important as finding a new mentor. Fingers crossed we moved on the right ones?! :pray:

@TiggaPlease said:
I'm keen on Brownie TBH. He's performed really well in the UK and should be able to do wonders with our roster.

that's if there is anyone left
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Brown has a 55% winning rate - shows some passion, is young enough to have some fire in the belly and has no links with anyone at the club.

He also might bring back Hodgson!!

@helmesy said:
Brown has a 55% winning rate - shows some passion, is young enough to have some fire in the belly and has no links with anyone at the club.

He also might bring back Hodgson!!

Mate Hodgo will be 35

With pith helmet pulled firmly down over my ears ( no, it's not squeezing my brain) …

I plump for Timothy Sheens.

We can't really afford otherwise and given we are in the middle of his clean out it would be bonkers to leak these players and then axe the head coach. I'm very confident a cranky Sheens would get us into the eight next year (yeah, seriously) ... Not so sure about his possible successor ( whoever it maybe).

Mail is Sheens won't be offered job at Warriors so we'd be paying him out without any side deal.

OK, now sit back on the porch, rock gently in the chair, shottie in my lap and wait for the angry mob ... :eek:pen_mouth:

Back