Best choice of coach from ones in talking

@Gothetigers said:
@tigerchad said:
What gives everyone so much confidence in Dymock, walters or Parrish? Outside of their playing careers, what have these guys achieved??

In regards to Walters he has been involved in two successful clubs in the Broncos and Storm under Bennett and Bellamy. He took over the job at Catalans and did a great job from what I hear. He left there to move back to oz for his family and wants a head NRL job.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Yes his Dad passed away in 2010 and that was one of the major reasons he left

Recollection though his win loss ratio was under 40% at Catalans

In order
1\. Tony Smith
2\. Steve Folkes
3\. Nathan brown

Should never be signed Matt Parish

@boonboon said:
In order
1\. Tony Smith
2\. Steve Folkes
3\. Nathan brown

Should never be signed Matt Parish

1.Scratch Brown.
2\. Insert Anderson
3\. Folkes
4\. Tony Smith (good choice)

& is Mat Parish our Comet King in waiting. From 'Bundenburg to the big stage. I'm waiting to see this. Worth the season tickets right there. & forgive Balmain Bug. He was funny.
\
\

Walters is sounding okay. He has certainly spent a lot of time with successful coaches, and as Happy mentioned he was a really tough player, so if that transforms into his coaching style it might be what the squad needs.

Parish on the other hand is very green.

Parish does not fill me with any confidence whatsoever. In fact he, Georgallis, Gentle, simmons…...no thanks. I think we need Folkes , we know he will harden them up, or Anderson (Daniel that is) for his record is pretty bloody successful.

@happy tiger said:
@Gothetigers said:
@tigerchad said:
What gives everyone so much confidence in Dymock, walters or Parrish? Outside of their playing careers, what have these guys achieved??

In regards to Walters he has been involved in two successful clubs in the Broncos and Storm under Bennett and Bellamy. He took over the job at Catalans and did a great job from what I hear. He left there to move back to oz for his family and wants a head NRL job.
\
\

Yes his Dad passed away in 2010 and that was one of the major reasons he left

Recollection though his win loss ratio was under 40% at Catalans

His win % was 36% I believe? In his second season Catalans finished in the finals and 1 game short of the grand final. So it goes to show there was a lot of improvement and potential. I'd be keener on Walters than Parish.
\
\

Matt Parish scares me….

Id like to see someone with some head coach experience and success (in ESL or NRL)

The name that hasn't been mentioned that surprises me is Jim Dymock, I expected that he'd be interested in a head role and seemed the man most ready to move up from assistant to head coach.

In order for me

1\. Brown
2\. Potter
3\. Walters

Id prefer the likes of Elliot, J Taylor ahead of Parish

Lets get Brian Smith on a 1 season contract, then we can have a proper search for a good young coach.

@TIGERS said:
Lets get Brian Smith on a 1 season contract, then we can have a proper search for a good young coach.

But he has no-one left to cut!

@AmericanHistoryX said:
@TIGERS said:

then we can can go all out for Bellamy & thrive on success for at the least the length of his term.

Bellamy seems pretty content at the storm and with the million clams a season on offer why would he leave.

We have to roll the dice on a cheap rookie on a short contract and see how it goes.
\
\

@barra said:
Walters is sounding okay. He has certainly spent a lot of time with successful coaches, and as Happy mentioned he was a really tough player, so if that transforms into his coaching style it might be what the squad needs.

Parish on the other hand is very green.

Any person who had to put up with the crap he had to after replacing Lewis at the Broncos and for Qld and then to cope with the loss of his wife the way he did has to be very tough mentally

Still lean towards Dymock of the untried NRL coaches

If Walters is 'the guy', he'll need a strong 'right hand man'. I'd be willing to suggest his Ipswich/Broncos/Qld mate Trevor Gillmeister might be a good option.

However, combined they offer very little in the way of head coach experience.

I think Walters will need a strong presence beside him in order to control the playing group. What is Dean Lance doing these days?

Has anybody mentioned Rick Stone as a possible replacement?
\
\

Back