I want Matt Parish as our 2013 coach
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Reason?
\
\

he looks like he has had a good learning experience being NSW Country, NSW and Manly assistant coach and could be ready to take the side to a new high
\
\

@pearce_off said:
@Tiger Watto said:
Wouldn't hurt looking at Paul Green as apart of the Coaching Staff for next year… Won 2 Qld Cups now???

This make alot of sense to me. The QLD press has been saying he is keen to get into NRL coaching. It think he may have already quit as the Wynnum-Manly coach too.

Would be ironic - wasn't Sheen's the coach at the Cowboys when Green was sacked?

Great, an outsider and (hopefully) the successor of Sheens. I'm sure he'd be happy with that.

@hybrid_tiger said:
I want to know why Jim Dymock doesn't appear to be in the running?
\
\

because he likes being doggies Assistant coach
\
\

@TigerSillick99 said:
plus what about Steve Georglious
\
\

What about him? He was in charge of our defence this year. And it was an absolute rabble at best. As far as I'm concerned he can pack his bags too.
\
\

If it's true that Sheens has quit (as being reported this morning), the announcement of a replacement must be close as well. The new guy will have to be as much a guru in man (ego) management as he is in the intricacies of rugby league. In my opinion, we need someone with experience, someone who will walk into the first meeting with the team and assert their authority, not by reading a riot act (as reportedly Matt Parish is prone to do, without even mentioning the Alan Jones connection…..good grief)), but based on their own standing and credibility in the game. There'll be a honeymoon period no matter who it is, because it's a fresh face with, hopefully, new staff (goodbye Hider, McDonnell etc) and no connection to the Sheens era* - so no Folkes, Simmons, Gentle or Georgialis either please. That will quickly disappear if he doesn't get the senior guys onside. But there's not a lot of money to throw at a replacement, apparently, so that casts doubt on Nathan Brown and Daniel Anderson. So, who's left apart from Kevin Walters? - although the Kearney connection to Bellamy didn't transform to success for Kearney as coach. If it's not him then my preference would be Todd Payten (*yep, I know that wrecks my opinion of no connection with Sheens!)LCA
\
\
All that to finish with that last sentence, you dont want no Sheens connections but you want Payton as 1st grade coach, Pleaseeeeeee he is just finished his 1st year in coaching if we want a coach with a set of balls who will drop players for non performance STEVE FOLKES is the bloke for the job and daylight second

Whoever is the new coach has quite a legacy to follow. No matter your opinion of Sheens, he has put in place the mechanics of a very good club. It's important that whoever is brought in does not work against that, and instead continues to build on the youth development that the Tigers have done so well under Sheens.

I'm almost not entirely against Fittler at this point, so long as he has a capable #2 with him- Matt Elliot as Fittler's offsider perhaps?

@hybrid_tiger said:
I want to know why Jim Dymock doesn't appear to be in the running?
\
\

I'm with you HT

Dymocks is easily the best of the junior (untried) coaches

As much as it would be great for Kevie he hasn't been a head coach

Edit Happy has now turned his brain on , Kevie was Catalans coach 2009-2010 , how could I forget his Dad passed away while over there ,sorry for the misinformation

But his record at Catalans wasn't great

Couldn't they back end any contract of a coach if they are concerned with being able to upfront the cash the same way we do with players ??

Hey guys, not knowing much about Matt I found this interview with Matt Parish interesting when he joined Salford. Just replace Salford with Wests.

http://www.reds.co.uk/rugby-news/matt-parish–the-interview--part-i

Kevin Walters sounds perfect I think.
He was a very player in his day so would have a good footy brain.
Would have learnt how to strip paint off the wall from Bellamy.
Has had some varied experience, which I think is needed.
Would help any halfback or five-eight develop, because he was very good in both positions himself.

It will be a cold day in hell if Parish or Dymock are named as coach. That means Benji will run the show. That means no change. We need a real coach.
\
\

What gives everyone so much confidence in Dymock, walters or Parrish? Outside of their playing careers, what have these guys achieved??

@Tiger_Al said:
Kevin Walters sounds perfect I think.
He was a very player in his day so would have a good footy brain.
Would have learnt how to strip paint off the wall from Bellamy.
Has had some varied experience, which I think is needed.
Would help any halfback or five-eight develop, because he was very good in both positions himself.

Looking at Kevie he has a lot going for him

Good communicator
Been coached by one of the greats ,Wayne Bennett
Lots of good ideas , especially with backline plays (which would suit us)
Been mentored by Bellamy last 2 seasons
Can be a tough bugger ,seen him tear into the Broncos players after opposition teams score .

My concerns would be

He could become too close to the players , nothing against Kevie he is a good bloke but might not be what we need after Sheens

Could he lay down the law to the likes of Farah and Marshall and have them respect him

Make your own judgement

@tigerchad said:
What gives everyone so much confidence in Dymock, walters or Parrish? Outside of their playing careers, what have these guys achieved??

In regards to Walters he has been involved in two successful clubs in the Broncos and Storm under Bennett and Bellamy. He took over the job at Catalans and did a great job from what I hear. He left there to move back to oz for his family and wants a head NRL job.
\
\

Back