Best choice of coach from ones in talking

If Sheens IS sacked… Will our other coaches be likely to be replaced also?

At the start of the season I lamented the loss of Steve Folkes, so surely if we are looking for a Coach with at least a premiership record, and someone who does know our Club, he would be the logical choice.

@snowleopard said:
There seems that Paul green from wynum manly is being mentioned . Don't know much about him myself. Any comments ?

Not sure how old you are , but it is the same Paul Green who played for the Sharks in the 90's and also played some SOO for Qld

Good footy brain and has won 2 premierships in the Qld Cup

Watto would know far more about him being a former Brisbane Easts player , but you can't trust those Brisbane Easts blokes because they have their own agendas

If Watto had his way Langlands Park would be the centre of the Universe and Wests Tigers would play all home games there :laughing:

Love ya Watto

Thanks Happy.. We are probably of similar age .. But you are much better looking!

Thought it was Paul Greene from cronulla but wasn't sure and as I don't live in banana bender country don' t have much insight into what goes on in the comps up there. Maybe this is the WT Board thinking ..try and get one back on Cronulla

@snowleopard said:
Thanks Happy.. We are probably of similar age .. But you are much better looking!

Thought it was Paul Greene from cronulla but wasn't sure and as I don't live in banana bender country don' t have much insight into what goes on in the comps up there. Maybe this is the WT Board thinking ..try and get one back on Cronulla

If I stuck this ugly dial on the computer I would chase half the members off and the rest would foe me

I make Shrek look like Brad Pitt

As I posted on another thread, I hope Matt Parish does not get the gig. He did nothing up here a few years back when he coached the CQ Comets and is apparently a bit "looney". At least that is how he was described to me by someone who had a bit to do with him at the time. Please no.

I would be happy with Steve Folkes or Jason Taylor. At least Folkesie would add some iron to our defence.

@Tiger Watto said:
Wouldn't hurt looking at Paul Green as apart of the Coaching Staff for next year… Won 2 Qld Cups now???

This make alot of sense to me. The QLD press has been saying he is keen to get into NRL coaching. It think he may have already quit as the Wynnum-Manly coach too.

Would be ironic - wasn't Sheen's the coach at the Cowboys when Green was sacked?

@cqtiger said:
As I posted on another thread, I hope Matt Parish does not get the gig. He did nothing up here a few years back when he coached the CQ Comets and is apparently a bit "looney". At least that is how he was described to me by someone who had a bit to do with him at the time. Please no.

I would be happy with Steve Folkes or Jason Taylor. At least Folkesie would add some iron to our defence.

CQ as I replied he was the only coach that has CQ into the semis mate

From a couple of the Gladstone boys I spoke to they liked him He is tough , but thats what we need

Again if we go for a young coach Dymock would be my first choice, Parish my 2nd

The only period of stability I can remember in the last 7years was when the tigers defense was solid in 2010 and 2011\. If folkes was the reason for that then he has my vote.

My biggest grievance over the last 3 years has been the strength and conditioning coach. Our players seem to get slower every week instead of bigger and faster. Even woods and keef, solid front rowers, but if you've seen them without their shirts off they aren't particularly solid. Tim grant showed this year how valuable 12months of power training is for a big front rower.

Why is Matt parish the favourite and not Taylor, brown, Anderson or folkes??
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@angeman said:
Why is Matt parish the favourite and not Taylor, brown, Anderson or folkes??
\
\

I'm thinking he may be the cheapest option. The reason Sheens is gone is because a highly regarded squad missed the 8\. Why would you risk a quality squad on a rookie. I'd take Anderson or Brown. Parish is apparently a lunatic in the sheds, ranting and raving. How long would you cop a boss doing that to you.
\
\

If it's true that Sheens has quit (as being reported this morning), the announcement of a replacement must be close as well. The new guy will have to be as much a guru in man (ego) management as he is in the intricacies of rugby league. In my opinion, we need someone with experience, someone who will walk into the first meeting with the team and assert their authority, not by reading a riot act (as reportedly Matt Parish is prone to do, without even mentioning the Alan Jones connection…..good grief)), but based on their own standing and credibility in the game. There'll be a honeymoon period no matter who it is, because it's a fresh face with, hopefully, new staff (goodbye Hider, McDonnell etc) and no connection to the Sheens era* - so no Folkes, Simmons, Gentle or Georgialis either please. That will quickly disappear if he doesn't get the senior guys onside. But there's not a lot of money to throw at a replacement, apparently, so that casts doubt on Nathan Brown and Daniel Anderson. So, who's left apart from Kevin Walters? - although the Kearney connection to Bellamy didn't transform to success for Kearney as coach. If it's not him then my preference would be Todd Payten (*yep, I know that wrecks my opinion of no connection with Sheens!)

I want Matt Parish as our 2013 coach
\
\

plus what about Steve Georglious
\
\

@Tbone said:
The only period of stability I can remember in the last 7years was when the tigers defense was solid in 2010 and 2011\. If folkes was the reason for that then he has my vote.

My biggest grievance over the last 3 years has been the strength and conditioning coach. Our players seem to get slower every week instead of bigger and faster. Even woods and keef, solid front rowers, but if you've seen them without their shirts off they aren't particularly solid. Tim grant showed this year how valuable 12months of power training is for a big front rower.

I am almost finished my course to do with strength&conditioning, body mechanics, movements etc.

Maybe I should apply for the gig :laughing:

Back