Best kicking game ive ever seen

fergiefurr

both in general play and goal kicks, marshall, farah and even lawrence always found space and drove their dangerous back 3 back every time.

since prince left we havent had a decent long kicking game, that was just a brilliant display.

I thought our kicking game was the defining factor in our win.

We played RUBBISH in the first half,but our scramble and our kicks got us out of danger.

Normally our kicks are rubbish,but last night we found space and the ingoal with monotonous regularity.

Fantastic work from our kickers.

Campbell is no mug at the back either. They have to be good kicks to find open spaces with him at the back

Not only were our long kicks on….

But we have a very dangerous chip game.

If the FB gets back,we have two blokes that can drop it on a dime and cause big problems.

Benji and Robbie have good kicking games in terms of accuracy and length when not put under pressure. Wests tend to want to kick through the line and when it comes to tackle 5, with teams rushing up we falter. I think you'll find most of good kicks last night were early in the tackle count (3-4). Teams do not usually rush on tackle 4.

I think it is a good tactic. Opposing teams who study us may instruct their players to put pressure on Benji on tackle 4 but that also means that they don't come out in a straight line and may be dropping their wingers back as well. This will open up opportunities on both fringes of the ruck and out wide - which Benji loves to take advantage of

Benji was hitting them sooo sweet! The
bombs he was throwing up dead set came down with moon dust on them.

Marshall's kicking has come a long way in the last few months. Lol, remember when everyone starting kicking up a stink at the fact we hadn't changed our goal kicker? But man, those two kicks from the sideline he absolutely nailed.

General play kicking was pretty solid. Farah and Marshall played it safe most of time opting to kick for the sidelines and also kicking early in the tackle count. I've never been a fan of kicking early in the set but if he can utilise to our advantage, i'm all for it.

agreed…...thought our kicking game was great.
\
\
(except for benji's kick on tackle 0 off the outside of the boot)

That was the best kicking game in this clubs short history. The only 2 blights were Benjis little crap chips which he knew straight away were the wrong choice.

Back