BMM's Run

@Anthism said:
@Yossarian said:
@Anthism said:
I'm watching the play now and Benji was calling for the ball after the last pass the whole time. Marshall didn't go for a 1% play at all, BMM ran a wingers line. he could have just as easily run back inside following the pass and taken the tackle or even scored. As much as you guys don't want to hear it BMM went for the hail Mary he had almost 20m to the line and decided to run outside the defenders. You can't blame Marshall for that. Great run though
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Hang on… You're blaming BMM????

Just defending Marshall because it was BMM's decision to run that line not Benji's
\
\

So if BMM was standing in the car park Benji should still pass it to him? BMM kept running the same line he had been for the last 70m. The bloke is over 100kg and running on empty. As a playmaker Benji makes the decision on whether to pass it to him. Let me be clear, as I said above, I don't blame Marshall for throwing the pass but gee blaming BMM for the line he ran is a bit much. He did an amazing job to get as close as he did.

@Yossarian said:
@Anthism said:
@Yossarian said:
@Anthism said:
I'm watching the play now and Benji was calling for the ball after the last pass the whole time. Marshall didn't go for a 1% play at all, BMM ran a wingers line. he could have just as easily run back inside following the pass and taken the tackle or even scored. As much as you guys don't want to hear it BMM went for the hail Mary he had almost 20m to the line and decided to run outside the defenders. You can't blame Marshall for that. Great run though
\
\

Hang on… You're blaming BMM????

Just defending Marshall because it was BMM's decision to run that line not Benji's
\
\

So if BMM was standing in the car park Benji should still pass it to him? BMM kept running the same line he had been for the last 70m. The bloke is over 100kg and running on empty. As a playmaker Benji makes the decision on whether to pass it to him. Let me be clear, as I said above, I don't blame Marshall for throwing the pass but gee blaming BMM for the line he ran is a bit much. He did an amazing job to get as close as he did.

I'm not putting him down for his run at all I just think Marshall intended him to cut back inside after his pass so it would be stupid to blame him
\
\

I have just finished watching the game for a 2nd time and I can't blame benji for throwing the pass. He had drawn the 1st defender and put BMM into space. BMM did have the option to use a right foot step and head infield, if he had of done this he would have gotten on the inside of the 2 cover defenders and would have been very hard to stop. I cannot blame him for heading to the corner as he had a split second to make a decision. It is very easy in hindsight to criticize the players, but football isn't played in hindsight.
\
\

Benji did not even look to his left for fresher, faster support players. BMM had done his job. The big fella was buggered, and in a state of shock to have the ball back in his hands. He pinned his ears back and had a go…missing by the smallest of margins.

As I said in another thread, last year Marshal would have taken it upon himself to create something from that broken field situation. Giving the ball back to BMM was the easy way out. I was expecting some aggressive stepping and maybe a long cutout to Moltzen or Lote.

Benj took the wrong option. Cool that happens. My problem is that nearly all year long he has been taking the passing option rather than backing his amazingly gifted running style. If Benji had of headed back in field, chances are he himself would have scored. He didnt even seem to care about this option and I wonder why?

I think if benji had of pinned is ears back when he 1st gets the ball he probably scores, but the ball hits him a bit high and he props and heads outside around Harrison. After getting around Harrison he is surrounded by 5 players and still manages to create space for BMM down the sideline. If he had the play over he prob takes a different option, but football doesn't work like that. You are also taking credit away from the titans, that was great cover defense, they managed to get 6 players back there to prevent that try. The tigers only had 3 players as close.
\
\

@magpiecol said:
Some people on this subject just do not have a clue. If Benji takes the tackle, these same people would have a whinge that he did not pass the ball. There were only a couple of minutes left, not half and hour!

Instead of bagging Benji, who did not have a great game, but not a shocker, how about bagging some of the players who did have very very bad games. Players like, Lote, Big Red and the most useless of all, Moltzen.

Galloway went real well, don't know what game you were watching.

It seems Benji is a protected species, you can never criticise him.

Back