Boxing Discussion

I love MMA and the required skill-set is off the richter scale. I also don't think the rules allow you to kick someone on the ground so you'll only get that at Liverpool KFC.

I love MMA and the required skill-set is off the richter scale. I also don't think the rules allow you to kick someone on the ground so you'll only get that at Liverpool KFC.
That use to be allowed in Pride FC.
Soccer kicks.
Hectic.

No longer allowed in most organisations.

Well it’s a gesture at least. Fenech clearly won the fight.

Thanks for sharing that Yoss.
I watched that fight with some boxing tragic mates of mine and they nearly ripped the TV off the wall when he was robbed. I couldn't believe how blatant the decision was wrong. The whole boxing fraternity knew it was wrong and so did the ringside announcers.
For months afterwards there was an outcry in the media that boxing was a rigged sport.
Right up until the day that the decision was reversed boxing enthusiasts referred to it as a dark day in boxing history.
In his prime Fenech was pound for pound a legendary boxer from down under.

That is crazy.
As I said in my reply Earl, there must be more to to what meets the eye with kickbacks and sponsors in relation to just getting the purse.
The Huni fight, Gallen got about 85 percent of the purse, which should be around $1.1m but more like $1.5m depending after pay-per-view sales. I think both Hannent and Hodges got a million each recently, unsue what Gal got for beating both?

Back